Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Faux Finishing & Painting
  Painting Story: "Four Generations"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Painting Story: "Four Generations" Sign In/Join 
posted
It was January 28, 2009. I got a call at work to get the hospital as soon as I could. My grandfather(Paw-Daddy as I called him) had passed out while out shopping with my granny and was now to my knowledge, fighting for his life. I found out later when I got there that there was no battle. He passed away instantly. It was very sudden and very hard on the whole family because if was so unexpected. Right before he died, he found out that he was going to be great-grandfather. My son Cameron was born on August 23rd, and unfortunately, they never met.

Many people including me, had said that Paw-Daddy would have loved Cameron, and they would give anything to see them together just once. Well, I decided to get a picture showing that, and I would give it to my dad as Christmas gift. The picture came out awesome, and left the whole family in tears, as they witnessed something that so many wanted to see. Four generations together for one picture, with one making the trip down from heaven to be in it.

Thanks YourArtNow, because it was great gift for my dad, but more importantly it helped me to heal my heart from when that piece of it was ripped away almost a year ago. You helped me find closure to know even though he's not here, he's with us. And maybe one day we could all take a picture like that together... in the clouds.

"People we love may leave us, but it's their traditions, values, and dreams that live on forever."

Posts: 18 | Registered: Jul 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marlena Ritter
posted Hide Post
Your story makes me wish that we could have gotten a family picture with my mil. If you put everybody together there is 5 generations. My mil, my husband, his 3 kids, his grandchildren and the 3 of 4 great-grandkids. My dad died the day that my sister had her oldest son. So neither of my parents got to know any of their grandchildren or great grandchildren.

Marlena

Posts: 1166 | Location: Wichita Ks | Registered: Jan 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post