Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Faux Finishing & Painting
  Wood floors and furniture (preventing damage)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wood floors and furniture (preventing damage) Sign In/Join 
posted
I have new solid wood floors and I read the instructions on what NOT to do and it says don't use rubber backed floor mats , where do I find an approved vinyl rug underlayment and breathable rugs for my kitchen and in front of outside doors that won't move.

Also under large furniture, queen size sofa sleeper, lazy boy chairs what do I put under them?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: perplexed,

Posts: 859 | Registered: Mar 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello perplexed!

The underlayment to keep your floors safe and your rugs in place is a non-slip floor gripper pad.

Placed between the floor and rug, these pads range from small to very large ... and even provide additional padding for comfort under your feet.

I use these in my home and strongly recommend them.

Check with your Flooring Associate ... they are displayed near the throw rugs.

I am a Home Depot Associate trained and authorized to assist people on the Internet.

Non-Slip Floor Gripper

Posts: 64 | Registered: Oct 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much!!

What do I place under my furniture? I don't want to have indentions in my floor.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: perplexed,

Posts: 859 | Registered: Mar 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those felt pads available at any discount store.

Check your other post.

Posts: 7117 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post