Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deck product Sign In/Join 
posted
Hello I looking to clean and stain my deck I was told the Restore product that Home depot is good ,

Has anyone every use it and how good is it?

G

Posts: 490 | Registered: Sep 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Guess no one here has used it, Gwen? Are there any reviews on the HD site?

I will say that for solid color stain, "Flood" makes a great one, at least I have gotten great results, (on vertical surfaces especially). Does not last as long on horizontal, maybe 4-5 years as opposed to 15 on fences and walls.

Posts: 9429 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of Wolmans Deck Bright for cleaning and prepping the deck. Then I like to use Wolman's F&P to finish the deck. It's a nice transparent finish that comes in a few different tints. Ive never been a big fan of solid color staining on decks. This Wolman product brings out the the characters in the wood opposed to hiding them under a solid color. Makes for easier maintenance and finishing every few years too.

Christopher R. Johnson
Journeyman Carpenter &
Home Remodeling Expert
www.CreativeTouchCarpentry.com

Posts: 30 | Location: Westmont, Il | Registered: May 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post