Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SHEETS! Sign In/Join 
Picture of Waverider ;)
posted
I finally put away some blankets and sheets that were washed a few weeks ago, and were still lying contently in the laundry basket, comfortable as can be. I have a few short weeks before I go back to work. I'm with "thatchairlady", I'm trying to clean up while I have all this 'extra' time. I am proud of myself! I am continuing, so don't stop me now, I'm ON A ROLL!
As I was putting away the washed sheets, I noticed on the bottom of the sheet pile, my DD's crib sheets (with cartoon characters!) I got a lump in my throat. Of course I wouldn't dream of giving it away, ever! (she's only 21! Wink). Do you still have your children's crib sheets????? LOL

Posts: 2545 | Location: "The Garden State", NJ ~ Zone 7 | Registered: Nov 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure that I have crib sheets, but I placed a Disney changing pad on my bed for Sunday guests with a 10-week old baby. And yes...I smiled as I smoothed it with my hands on the bed. Big Grin

I saved quite of bit of only DSs items. I have a lidded basket in the living room with toys for the grands to play with. You should see them with the Muppets telephone. Even having never seen a desk phone before, they immediately "talk" on it. (I put batteries in it and was disappointed that it no longer worked.)

(I have two step children who were grown when I married their dad. They have given me three grandchildren - the loves of my life. DH has nothing of theirs and very few photos. The x kept what she cherished. Which is just as well as he is not the least bit sentimental about those things.)

Posts: 17370 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
I did find a letter of instruction that my DD gave to me as she was going out with her DH for the first time after the baby was born. She was going to be gone for all of 2 hours and it was a two page letter.

html

Posts: 2539 | Location: Sarasota | Registered: Jan 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
quote:
She was going to be gone for all of 2 hours and it was a two page letter.

OMG, I love this!

I just told my DH this story and he reminded me of when our DD was dressing her first baby to bring her home from the hospital. It took her 45 min. because she was so afraid of breaking the babies arms, in putting them into the sleeves!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lady of shallot,

Posts: 13080 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Waverider ;)
posted Hide Post
LOS ~ that is really funny!!! I was afraid of bathing my newborn DD by myself, so I would wait for my DH to come home to help me. (Funny the things we are willing to admit as new mothers!!) They could be a new topic!!! Wink
I wanted to say that I realized the sheets in my closet were from her Toddler Bed. She had pretty pastel sheets in her crib, not Disney Cartoons!

Posts: 2545 | Location: "The Garden State", NJ ~ Zone 7 | Registered: Nov 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Since my brother is 11 yrs. older than me, I had already had nieces & a nephew to help take care of LONG before I had my own.
So I knew they didn't break or anything else.
I finally gave all the things I had saved to my son & his wife except the Christmas ornaments he made in grade school...those I still use.
He had 2 identical yellow blankets with gray kittens on them...his "meow-meow"...and I could swap a clean one for a nasty one to wash that way.

But I got into a lot of trouble when I taught my grandson how to spit out his food (projectile style) when I was taking care of him while son & dil went to dinner. Big Grin
It was just pay-back to my son! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 5112 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CJO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flboy:
I did find a letter of instruction that my DD gave to me as she was going out with her DH for the first time after the baby was born. She was going to be gone for all of 2 hours and it was a two page letter.

When I left DS w/mom while I went on a few night camping trip, you can just imagine how many pages there were!!!! She saved it for a long time.

Posts: 2925 | Registered: Oct 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post