Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

disher washer ? Sign In/Join 
posted
My whirlpool DW has the rinse holder in the door. I filled it up but it's not working? It was in the house when we bought it. There is nothing in the instructions that tells what to do? Any suggestions? Thanks

Carlene

Posts: 1813 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
I found this (you have to scroll down for the how-tos):
http://www.fixya.com/support/t...-rinse_aid_dispenser

And if that doesn't work, do they still make the rinse aid baskets that you clip to the top rack? My first dishwasher did not have a rinse aid dispenser and I used those clip on things.

Posts: 17369 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently this is a common problem from what I saw when I searched online. Some sort of signal causes that door to open. It can be mechanical or digital but if it fails it would have to be replaced (if you like). Sometimes it is just the door that is gummed up. Can you get it open and clean it out? Pay particular attention to the seal.

Many people do not use a rinse agent.

Posts: 7282 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks I'll look in to it. The only rinse agent I will use is vinegar. Use it on the inside of the DW to clean off the hard water spots. The water is really hard here and I hate spots on my dishes!!

Carlene

Posts: 1813 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the Finish Quantum 3 in 1 pods in my Whirlpool dishwasher.....no rinse aid needed....it is in the Quantum pod. I too clean my dishwasher out with vinegar periodically by putting a container of 2 cups of vinegar in the bottom of the empty dishwasher and run the cycle.
Cleaning out your rinse aid dispenser is a good idea....

love life

Posts: 1569 | Location: omaha, ne U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M-ma
posted Hide Post
Before using a pod, check your manual.
My Bosch says not to use pods. The covering will gum the machine (the Bosch machine).
Some pods are removed from a paper sleeve. Those pods can be used.

Posts: 5967 | Location: western PA | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check fuses and circuit breakers to make sure it has not blown or tripped. So also test the door and selector switches with a multimeter tester. You should also test the timer, motor and motor relay inside your dishwasher.

Posts: 29 | Location: United States | Registered: Jan 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post