Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Cleaning & Organizing
  Rude phone person from XXXXX RE: Samsung Wash Mach. Warrenty
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rude phone person from XXXXX RE: Samsung Wash Mach. Warrenty Sign In/Join 
posted
Sheesh, I'm angry. I made a call about my warrenty for s Samsung Washing Machine. MY warrenty lasts until 2016. The initial guy was nice but said that HE machines required adjustment from their new owners. He told me that I would get a call from XXXX which was local. Well Today I get a call from a rude woman in Florida. I am several states away from Florida. I have a badly strained foot so I'm slow getting to the phone. She was put on the record mode by then so I pressed the button to cut into the recording process and say Hello. Immediately she sounds rude and impatient. I feel like I'm imposing on her. At the end of the call I told her that she needs to change her attitude. She starts arguing with me and putting me into my place as though I'm supposed to apologise to her for simply wanting to see whats going on with my machine. Her second bad comment to me was... You've had this machine for two years and you're just now calling .. So I tell her I've had this machine since November 2012, 1 and 1/2 years and the bedding cycle has always not finished the cycle. The water doesn't drain, we have to put less than the normal load in etc etc. She was very judgemental.... Rude, impatient, didn't seem to enjoy her job. I know nice people who live in Florida. I also know nice people who have moved away from Florida because they say that a lot of people are rude. We have had some experiences when on vacation there where people in traffic were over the top rude. I should call the original man back to make a complaint about XXXXX. Can't even remember the last name but it was XXXX for sure. They write up an estimate to send to the 3rd party provider and they have to approve it before the man comes out here to even look at my machine. So, a warrenty these days seems to be rolled in fairly thick bureaucracy and rudeness from someone half a country away. ...and I get a lecture from a woman who sighs when I break through the recording machine like she does
nt want to be bothered. All the nice people in Florida need to complain to schools and politicians about the rude people there. I don't want to offend the nice people in Florida who are there. I don't mean to make this about Florida although I think that there is a serious problem with behavior there. I'm just aggravated that I am treated rudely by a person who works with Samsung in some type of agreement. They call me and treat me like a piece of dirt even telling me that I have a one year warrenty on I've forgotten what she said. ''Parts ". The whole warrenty goes to 2016 which she agreed with. HE machines are a pain in the neck back and rear. Sheesh

Do you have stories. I've never been treated so rudely.. She told me that she wasn't rude ...that I just didn't like their procedure. Can you believe that. She was rude and impatient before she even explained the procedure. Where has classy behavior gone.

As far as I'm concerned BEST BUY, SAMSUMG, and definitely XXX in Florida look bad. This little peon, me, is complaining here. One little wave dissolving on the bank now as I speak.

Make someone's day. Behave ethically and politely.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Leafly,

Posts: 775 | Registered: Sep 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
You are justified in your anger, based on your statements. Unfortunately this does happen, too often if ever. Many places now record their customer service calls, for just this reason. To be fair, the customer service people also can get yelled at a lot by rude customers, and MAYBE this was a bad day for her too? No excuse for how you were treated of course, but a possibility anyway.

I once had a rather rude and snippy person talk to me this way, and before it went very far, I made sure to get her name. (always a good idea to jot down the name of whom you talked to) It was still not going well, so I asked to speak to her supervisor. She put me on hold for several minutes and then lost the call....big surprise.

But the fact that I got her name early on, was very helpful when I got through a second time. I asked for the supervisor, explained the situation and issue. My issue was resolved an hopefully this person got some additional training.

Posts: 9611 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This female got away with her behavior so far. I was never informed that the call was recorded so I don't think that it was. This person did not provide her name either. I might still complain because the number is on my caller ID.

AIG the big insurance company bailed out by the government is the 3rd party that has to approve my so called repairs as written up by a rude person 3 states away who probably has a check list for what parts to preorder for the repairman who comes to my home. Don't menion the fact that I was tongue tied when explaining the problems because the woman was so impatient.

Americans, maybe we should buy the HE's from small business owners instead of the big box stores. They are very likely to malfunction(the washing machines) and the small business owner will be more interested in you as a person.

I've never been treated that rudely. I don't think that the person has been raised right. Seriously, She acted like a juvenile delinquent. Horrible,--- it was a pattern of behavior, not a one time thing. That is my guess.
I live in an area where folks have a reputation for a lot of niceness. Outsiders comment on it.
So niceness does occur and it should be expected. Not trying to toot my horn.
I sound like a nut case maybe so I'll stop my vent. I'm looking up XXXXXX in Florida. That's on my caller id. I don't have a good opinion.

Thanks.

posted Hide Post
I found them in XXXXX and sent in a written complaint to management. Hope someone doesn't delete it. Vent over.

Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
There is real value in telling your story. For you and others.

Posts: 9611 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd think about contacting the Samsung Corporation and tell them that you are sure they want courteous, professional people handling problems with their products and then rat out the store.

Posts: 3409 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
1. Ask for her name.
2.Ask to speak to her boss/manager.

Never put up with rude behavior from an employee in the service industry.

Posts: 17038 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The lady's behavior was most unprofessional and inexcusable. However, to try to lump Florida people in the mix is wrong as bad behavior from people is everywhere in all states, not just Fl.

Posts: 3117 | Location: Michigan and sw Florida | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Thank you, mamaspoon, for sticking up for us. I ran into two totally rude people just a couple of days ago (both young men in their late 20's) and it was such a shock, because people don't normally act like that in my community. I don't like painting folks with a broad stroke because, invariably, some of that paint gets on me as well.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6580 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Just another note?
Not all shown area codes may actually be where the call was generated from. Some call centers buy a block of numbers and route their calls through these numbers, from any where, including outside the US.

posted Hide Post
Any time dh and I are talking with someone about a product or service, we jot down the name. We do that first thing!

Sorry you had such an unpleasant encounter.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6275 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
We live in a small town. We pay more (but perhaps not that much more if you consider the cost of gas) but we often have breakfast with the owner at the cafe, see them at Chamber of Commerce functions, and when we had our store, they were our customers as well.

I am all for "buy local, buy American" as much as I can. Sometimes, however, in a little town, it is not easy.

I have had rude phone people as well -- I usually just hang up and call again hoping to get someone more pleasant. It's probably a call center and there are dozens of other people who answer the phone.

And if they don't tell me, I always ASK for their name before I go into any problem.

Martha

Posts: 5889 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you to everyone for your comments. I had come back here to delete my vent but I think that I will leave it here. I looked XXX up on the internet. There is a picture of it. It looks like a place in a small strip mall. They haven't contacted me yet. The lady probably knew that she could be rude because there wasn't a recording occurring. After the holiday I might contact Samsun and Best Buy. The nicer man that I reached first in the long chain of calls suggested using dryer sheets to help with the lint problem on dark clothing. I use the extra rinse cycle to help with the lack of full water saturation on my clothing. Sheesh, In the older days that are not so far back my machine would have already been fixed.

posted Hide Post
I received an apology today in writing from the company's owner/manager in Florida. He said that he would speak with her and expedite my order. He knew her name and said that they do not record calls. So I'm going to delete their business name from my earlier complaints. Hurray, They try to do a good job.

Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
GOOD JOB!

Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Good for you! I'm glad you followed up and made a complaint with the company and received an apology. Hopefully the woman will receive a good "dressing down" and straighten up her act...be given one more chance to be nice before being let go.

Posts: 17038 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Friends,

I have an appointment for this Tuesday to have my machine repaired. They called yesterday to set it up but I wasn't home. It's so good to be heard and treated right.

posted Hide Post
Ok, so what happened? Is the machine all repaired?

Posts: 6082 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Charcoalsmom,

I had to call again after the nice young man came out to check it in person. He has his business in a town one hour away. He told me that the one year warranty (for parts I assume) had run out. He went on to explain that on my model Samsung made the mistake of mounting the pump on the bottom of the machine rather than on the side. So that had caused a huge problem with those washers. The pump problem would further exacerbate more problems by making the control panel go haywire. Error messages would pop up etc. I was a new user on my machine when I saw this. I thought it was me and I didn't know what in the heck was going on. He told me that some of those machines would flood homeowners houses. THIS is a lot of info. Long story short. Samsung would correct the problem because it was their problem for mounting the pump there instead of on the side. The repairman got bulletins on those problems. He said that they were doing the repairs on the model the year after mine but that they would fix mine too since it was their creation. I guess they're getting by free with the folks who don't check it out.

There was still a snafu after the young man came out. He said that AIG would call me the next day to say it was approved and the he would then be approved to order the parts. Well, I never got the call after waiting a week. So Off I go to the computer to email the owner/ manager again to ask how had the ball been dropped. He was efficient and his employee from Florida called again with the appointment time which was two weeks after the repairman visited my home the first time. The owner/manager was prompt and got the job done well but his second letter could have been a bit more professional. He was slightly blaming AIG. His last fragment of a sentence said about the problem..."not ours and not long".
Guess he was in a rush and didn't like English classes. I'll take the promptness and efficiency and run with it.

The machine seems stronger and more vibrant now. It works so far...Got to wash some dark clothing tomorrow. That will tell the story along with the bedding which requires more power.