Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Cleaning & Organizing
  My New HE Whirlpool Washer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My New HE Whirlpool Washer Sign In/Join 
Picture of propertylady57
posted
I had to buy a new washer a few months ago and I thought I would love my new HE washer. I absolutely hate this washer. I cannot soak my clothes in this machine. Every time I stop it to soak, it empty's all the water. I put little detergent in it but all my dark clothes have white all over them. The machine uses less water than my old machine. Sometimes the water line isn't even above the clothes. I hate it. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

Posts: 2365 | Location: Southern Maryland | Registered: Dec 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
How disappointing! Is it a top loader or front loader?

In either style, the water level will look low. It's meant to be that way. The wash action is supposed to make up for that. Whether it really does or not probably depends on the engineering design of the particular machine.

Be sure to read the manual that came with the machine. If it isn't very detailed (sometimes they aren't), go to the manufacturer's website and read more about your particular model there. Or call their customer hotline for more help. (Although, I now find when I try this, I usually get some foreigner who doesn't speak vernacular English and who just reads straight out of the same manual I already have. Some help, right?) When I needed help with my newer GE washer, I found a helpful video on the website that explained exactly what happens under the lid during each stage of the cycle. It offered tips on deciding what constitutes a "small" or "large" load, etc. It explained everything more thoroughly than the printed manual did.

Are you using HE detergent? If you use powdered type and cold water, it's very possible it isn't dissolving well enough to be carried away in the rinse... Especially since the water temp is much colder this time of year. My machine has a 'second rinse' option that might help that situation, but it might be easier and more efficient to switch to liquid detergent instead.

I absolutely HATE that appliance designers now create machines that are supposed to "think" for the owner. Every time I buy a new one, I have to change my style of operation to make up for favorite features they've eliminated. I've been doing laundry for over 40 years, I still have a brain, and I think I know how to do it better than any machine! Grrrrrrrr Mad So I completely understand your frustration at not being able to soak clothes anymore. My GE has an option to soak for either 15 or 30 minutes before it runs through the rest of the cycle, but I don't find either choice to be at all useful. If I have to soak something, I do it in the laundry sink overnight. Luckily, since DH is retired, I don't have his filthy work clothes to worry about anymore. I'd be in a world of hurt trying to get those clean in this stupid "efficient" machine with phosphate-less detergent. For the kind of laundry I do now, this one is adequate. No great shakes, though.

Hope you can figure out how to make better use of this washer. I feel your pain.

Posts: 4341 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
I hate my Maytag Neptune. In order to get my clothes clean I wash half loads and in addition to the HE detergent, I make sure to pretreat each spot and collar, add a bleach substitute, and 1/2 teaspoon TSP (to add phosphate) to each and every load. IMHO if a napkin or handkerchief goes into the washing machine folded and comes out folded...that can't be thoroughly cleaned.

I also have to use less detergent than called for or else I find foaming suds on the clothes and around the door therefore requiring an extra rinse.

If "they" - government and manufacturers keep on - we are going to have to get a cast iron washpot and start boiling our clothes outside again in order to get them clean. grrrrrr

My suggestions are to get rid of the streaks cut down on the amount of detergent you are using.
When you want something to soak, try unplugging the machine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KeepYouInStitches,

Posts: 16457 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my Whirlpool HE front loader washer. Mine has a presoak cycle on it though have not needed to use it. Takes much less water....clothes are not covered with water...they tumble through water when washing. Clothes get so much cleaner...I do use HE liquid detergent and follow the directions on the bottle. Machine is quiet and I have no complaints. This is the second one I have had.

love life

Posts: 1422 | Location: omaha, ne U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
whirlpool he owner for 9 years and not a problem and I make sure I use the HE detergent .I love it since I am on a well .I love that it cleans the clothes better and that they are not sitting there in dirty water

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jul 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
I don't have a GE, but I have a front loader HE washer, Kenmore. It works just fine & has a pre-wash/soak cycle on it. I make my own laundry detergent & it cleans as good as the expensive ones, it is low sudsing so no problem there either.

ETA...I put TSP in my detergent too! It helps a LOT...well water here.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4304 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With a top loader--you may SEE lots of water wash your clothes and remove dirt THAT FLOATS to the TOP but when it empties--all the GRUNGE sinks into the clothes!

WITH a FRONT loader-you don't see all that water (it doesn't USE so much water) but it washes the clothes and removes the water AND dirt without putting it back into the clothes!

USE HE detergent (if you want use Tide pods for pre-soad? My Kenmore has a pre-soak cycle. I love the front loaders and they remove MORE of the water so your dryer doesn't have to work so hard either and you save money with the dryer too!

My dad was a dry cleaner for 40 yrs and would never use a top loader for really clean clothes!

Posts: 1708 | Location: Allentown PA USA | Registered: Oct 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a second hand GE and then a Kenmore. Both before the new energy/water efficient front loaders. Both got clothes cleaner than the front loader sitting in my laundry room now. Both rinsed after the grungy wash water. And that was back when first husband - the truck driver - would come in with greasy grungy clothes. Of course, our detergents are not made to clean like they once did...

I'm ready for a trip to Mexico to buy a GOOD washing machine and GOOD detergent!

Posts: 16457 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
I'm so glad I stayed with the old fashioned type washer and dryer, although I did get stainless steel drums...weeee! LOL!

Those colorful new front-loading machines were tempting but after reading about so many problems over the last 2-3 years on these boards I'm happy with the top loading. Mine has a double rinse cycle to clear away any leftovers.

BTW...how can clothes get clean without being covered in water and detergent?

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7276 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BYW..Whirlpool washers are going to be msde in the U.S.A. from this year on. My son has an LG front loader washer made in Korea and he likes it also.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: May,

love life

Posts: 1422 | Location: omaha, ne U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
I guess everyone has different experiences, and it is good we can still choose the type we want. Wink

I have loved front loaders since the first original Maytag Neptune that I had. (Yes it had problems with the door seal/odor for a while...but Maytag came twice and finally fixed it with no cost to me)
Since then I have had LG large capacity Front load washers, and have been equally pleased with cleaning, performance and low water usage.

Posts: 9428 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KeepYouInStitches:
I had a second hand GE and then a Kenmore. Both before the new energy/water efficient front loaders. Both got clothes cleaner than the front loader sitting in my laundry room now. Both rinsed after the grungy wash water. And that was back when first husband - the truck driver - would come in with greasy grungy clothes. Of course, our detergents are not made to clean like they once did...

I'm ready for a trip to Mexico to buy a GOOD washing machine and GOOD detergent!

Where the heck is the "Like" key when you need it???

Posts: 904 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pollyanna
posted Hide Post
I hate my new Whirlpool washer too. No matter what kind of soap or how much I use I never see any suds, not the first soap bubble. If I want to stop it for a minute mine also empties. Cannot stop and reset to start washing again if I forget to add soap or bleach. I set the water level high just to make sure the clothes get clean or sometimes I even wash the clothes twice. These new machines do not save energy if I feel like I have to use more water or wash or rinse twice. I should have gotten a front load washer cause my top load washer is heck to stop and open once it starts washing And they cause STRESS. My dryer broke and I paid to have it fixed even though it is about 15 years old cause I am afraid a new dryer will be just as bad as the new washer.

Posts: 50 | Location: SC | Registered: Sep 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M-ma
posted Hide Post
1. We are not supposed to see suds. That goes way, way back. Sudsing was added to fool people into thinking suds clean. NO! Detergent cleans.
2. My Frigidaire has a wonderful soak cycle. I love that soak cycle. NO, you cannot just soak a load in a front-loader without using soak cycle.
3. Your manual is your best friend right now. Please, read it; check it; you'll fall in love with your new machine. What you are experiencing is what everyone experiences: a whole new way of doing laundry.

Posts: 5900 | Location: western PA | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M-ma
posted Hide Post
this is from soapnutspro.com (real site_

Suds do not equal cleaning power. Commercial manufactures even developed chemicals that would continue to produce suds throughout the entire wash cycle because they did such a great job of teaching us to think suds meant cleaning action. We wanted to see something happening and they gave it to us – in a big way. These same synthetic chemicals are causing for a host of skin irritations for they are very difficult to fully flush out.

Suds will indicate the presence of a surfactant in the water. By definition: sur-fac-tant, n. An agent, for example, a detergent or a drug, that reduces the surface tension of liquids so that the liquid spreads out, rather than collecting in droplets. (Courtesy of Encarta World English Dictionary.) Nearly all surfactants in commercial detergent products and even personal care products are chemically derived. They are a major source for the pollution in our water streams today. Once present, they will infect our water supplies indefinitely.

Posts: 5900 | Location: western PA | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
I guess not all front loaders may be the same in use and features? DO check your owners manual, as suggested.

No issue with our LGs (or my old Neptune, bf it died), I can pause the cycle and add items without it draining, as needed. My folded napkins come out unfolded too. One can add more water to a cycle (there is a water plus button for that), at least on ours.

Posts: 9428 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, yeah. Suds never = cleaning. I knew that from my mother when I was a kid and found that I could use 1/2 - 3/4 less detergent in my old water hog top loading washing machine in the 1970s. My clothes were clean.

I've read my manual cover to cover more than once. Even so, well, see my first post above.

Oh! Or perhaps I need my machine to read the manual! Think that would work?

Picture of sjf
posted Hide Post
i must very lucky! have had a duet series for several years and havn't had any problems..i am very careful to buy and follow the measured liquid detergent (and i don't buy **) i use 3 different cycles (including one for heavy duty with extra rinse (90 min cycle!) to the quick wash for dh's dress shirts...i very rarely use all cold wash, though...and often it looks like there is barely any water, like the good old days...

i'd make sure the washer is hooked up correctly, that you have decent water pressure, machines level, and take into consideration the city water supply (hard or soft water, ect)

Posts: 8479 | Location: se mi | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M-ma
posted Hide Post
from viewpoints.com (how reputable, I don't know--survey is based upon users' polling)

Consumers have contributed 6,027 washing machine reviews about 366 products from 20 brands and told us the best washing machines you can trust. Compare the best washing machine brands and products below.

How the top washing machine brands measure up:
Electrolux 94
Speed Queen 92
Miele90
Haier86
LG84
Samsung83

I say again: give the washer a chance. It is all computerized. Mine just growled at me TWICE yesterday---I never heard that sound before. Seems I was trying to use an inappropriate cycle for something I wanted to do. The machine knows!

posted Hide Post
M-ma, Thanks for that site. I'll do more research as soon as I can afford to replace my set.

Maytag Neptune scored 54 out of 100. And they don't even have my opinion. Wink

Picture of M-ma
posted Hide Post
We did research for over a year before buying.
Talked with sales people; came to HGTV for information; did on-line searches.
We bought Frigidaire because Bosch offered too many cycles that we knew we wouldn't use and price was very high; Whirlpool wasn't suggested at the time we bought (independent appliance dealer in 2006). Frigidaire has been fine for us. Would we buy the same again---I don't know. Daughter just bought Samsung set and is in love. Electrolux was an early choice for them. For their needs, salesperson took them down a notch. Integrity does sell.

Picture of propertylady57
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your replies. My new washer is a top load. I use the least amount of HE detergent as I can (liquid). I use an extra rinse cycle but my dark clothes still come out with white all over and in the seams.
When talking to the sales person, I told her my old washer lasted for 16 years. She said the new ones might last 5-6 years. OMGosh!!!! I want my old one back. It did a wonderful job. It was a Kenmore top load.
What are we to do?

Posts: 2365 | Location: Southern Maryland | Registered: Dec 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M-ma
posted Hide Post
OK, I had that 'white' problem, too, as I now recall. You know what I think it is? One of two things: too much softener (if you use that) OR, probably, old detergent now being rinsed from your clothing. Try this: add NO detergent.
In time our clothing stopped with the 'white.' I also noticed that the clothing appeared cleaner. I don't think so; what I think it was was that all the old detergent was finally rinsed out!
As for longevity, we bought in 2006; still going strong. I know a man who bought Frigidaire fifteen or so years ago--one of the first front loads---still going strong.
Please--hang in there and give the new washer a chance. It does take time to adjust to the new cycles and machines. Anyone of us can attest to that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M-ma,

Picture of still tryin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by propertylady57:
Thank you all for your replies. My new washer is a top load. I use the least amount of HE detergent as I can (liquid). I use an extra rinse cycle but my dark clothes still come out with white all over and in the seams.
When talking to the sales person, I told her my old washer lasted for 16 years. She said the new ones might last 5-6 years. OMGosh!!!! I want my old one back. It did a wonderful job. It was a Kenmore top load.
What are we to do?

I had to have a minor repair done on my dryer recently. When the repairman was here he said he had seen a HE top loader with a clear lid washing clothes and the clothes on top were not in the water. Have you contacted the manufacturer to see if an adjustment needs to be made to the water level? Perhaps it was incorrectly set at the factory. Otherwise you may have purchased the washing machine the repairman was telling me about.

Posts: 2641 | Registered: Jan 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M-ma
posted Hide Post
Isn't the point of a top load to agitate the items., i.e., to pull them down in to the lesser amount of water?
Front load does not use much water. The items tumbles into and out of the water.

Property, I do sincerely hope you take give it a chance; be patient; learn to use the soak cycle or soak in another container/tub/bucket (I do sometimes with lesser items). On our much older top load, I never used much detergent. We can see the discharge water; always soapy; I cut way back. I think the "white" was detergent still in clothing (I couldn't tell about towels, sheets, etc.).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M-ma,

posted Hide Post
I have the perfect solution to front end loader problems.DON'T BUY ONE!!

Just got a new "old school" top loader and got ride of the front end loader.Best thing I ever did.

Had a Whirlpool.There are class action lawsuits against them and Sears.My old school is much better.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Aug 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
I HATE my new washer as well. I have had it for year now. Wish I would have returned it when I could have. But you know what hassle it is returning a large appliance.
I have the LG Top Load...I dispise it Frown

Posts: 4583 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of School Secretary
posted Hide Post
I also hate my Kenmore Front Loader Washer. It does not get the clothes clean. Sometimes I think some of the clothes never even touch water. Give me back my old top loader any day. I also hate the weekly maintenance of using the clean cycle so that the clothes won't smell.

Posts: 14 | Location: Illinois | Registered: Feb 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do not buy a new washer. Get the one you have repaired. No washer will be made ever again to put enough water in it to wash heavily soiled clothes. I learned the hard way and wish I could have my old washer back.

Posts: 301 | Registered: Jun 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my old washer will only do 1 load per day, motor won't spin out water on a 2nd load till it rests, but i HATE my new HE top loader. i need to soak socks for a full day before wshing with teens who walk outside in stocking feet and other items need soaked too and i tried to manually fill the washer with buckets of water and it drained it all out. had to unplug it to fill and keep water in to soak but am told it will drain when i plug it back in. "safety issue so someone doesn't drown in the washer" REALLY??? got a great deal on it at the labor day sales, wonder how long i have to return it? i still have the old one in the garage, atleast i can get 1 clean load per day and soak between them Smile

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kathy_in_wlsv
posted Hide Post
Speed Queen sells top loading washers for the home as well as commercial models. My next washer will be a Speed Queen.

They are widely available and made in the USA

Life is GOOD!!

Posts: 1508 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: Nov 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I researched Speed Queen after someone else said they were good. However, I found this brand does not make a machine that can put much water in it either. Once I again I will say, if I could just have my old washer back somehow we would get it repaired.

Picture of Waverider ;)
posted Hide Post
I have a top-loader Kenmore which I am happy with. I always thought the water level looked so low, so I routinely added more water myself. I recently had the machine repaired and I told the guy the water level was too low. He said that's the way it is supposed to be. Why? It barely covers the clothes and you need enough water to wash the clothes properly. I am still adding a lot more water to my washing machine. It needs it!

Posts: 2230 | Location: "The Garden State", NJ ~ Zone 7 | Registered: Nov 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M-ma
posted Hide Post
Not to be offensive, but I like to accept that the engineers, the designers, the experts know what they are creating.
The goal is energy efficiency. The goal is to conserve both water and electricity.
Fact: you do not need that much water to wash clothes.
Fact: you do not need that much detergent to wash clothes.

Picture of still tryin
posted Hide Post
M-ma, I have the same machine as Waverider and I'm having a problem with water level too. The water should fill up to the top holes when filled with water only and it doesn't. I have to add water to my machine as well. It doesn't save water or electricity if you have to do more load because the water level is off. If I had my druthers I would like a front loader that works because they do conserve more water if not electricity. It would be nice to have a front loader that spun more water out of the clothes so the wash load dries faster.

Posts: 2641 | Registered: Jan 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M-ma
posted Hide Post
Then that is a problem with that model top loader.

My point is that people are fighting the new technology. We don't like change.
These new machines are different.
I referred to the manual on our new front load for the better part of a year!
It takes doing. What was no longer is.

If you have to add water, then something is wrong.

I recently talked with person who bought a new top load a couple of years ago. The water wasn't hot enough. The water is NOT hot in any newer machine, we were told. Something on her machine malfunctioned. Water is hot enough now.

The idea is to conserve energy.

I am content with this Frigidaire front load. Our clothes are noticably clean. A few months into wearing winter weight clothing I asked HIM if he thought the clothes were cleaning. Expectly to get a, "What are you trying to prove?" or a "What's the point of that quesiton?," I got an immediate, "Yes!"
When a man notices, then the clothes are clean.

I'll say again, we noticed because the detergent was finally rinsed out. I never used much detergent. My older machine just wasn't doing the job.

Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M-ma:
Not to be offensive, but I like to accept that the engineers, the designers, the experts know what they are creating.
The goal is energy efficiency. The goal is to conserve both water and electricity.
Fact: you do not need that much water to wash clothes.
Fact: you do not need that much detergent to wash clothes.

No, the goal should be to get clothes clean. If water, electricity, and detergent happen to be conserved during the process, so much the better. But clean clothing is paramount to everything else, and that doesn't necessarily happen with water-saving machines.

Posts: 4341 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a new GE top load HE washer. When I first got it, I was surprised at how little water it used when set on auto-fill mode. It does have an over-ride button to fill the washer with much more water if needed for very dirty or oversize loads. If it did not have that over-ride feature, I would not be satisfied with the cleanliness of my construction worker son's clothes- on auto they came out with mud still on parts of the clothes.

Posts: 80 | Registered: Apr 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only reason I am satisfied with my GE top load HE washer is because it has a setting to over-ride the auto-fill feature and put more water into the washer. My son is a construction electrician and sometimes his clothes are filthy- without the over-ride his clothes would still have mud on them after washing.

posted Hide Post
Sorry for double post- old computer with glitches.

posted Hide Post
No offense taken or intended here either.

I agree that the goal of any washing machine design is to clean clothing using the least amount of energy and detergent necessary.

The goal is not to use less energy. If that was so, then let us all turn off the a/c in the summer and the heat in the winter. Take a quick shower only once a week. Etc.

Using less water and less detergent saves nothing if you have to rewash your clothing. I never wash a full load. NEVER. What I could put in my old washer in one load takes two loads in my front load.

posted Hide Post
M-ma, sorry but I need more water than the machine puts in there to wash my husband's work clothes.

Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sallysmom:
M-ma, sorry but I need more water than the machine puts in there to wash my husband's work clothes.
And I would, too, if my guy wasn't retired. The new water levels simply are not adequate for really dirty clothes. But then, what could those "smart" engineers ever know about hard work and the dirt it produces?

Picture of M-ma
posted Hide Post
I have nothing to add.
I did two days ago but haven't been able to reply.
I re-signed in.
Nothing.
This time I got the user name/password form.

Carry on.

Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
I love both of my current LG washers. Not inexpensive to purchase, but they sure clean our clothes well. However, whenever the time would come time to replace, I sure would look at all the ratings on other brands too in comparison.

Seems when most of the brands went to produce and sell front loaders (a few years back), some just never quite got all the issues resolved.

posted Hide Post
Just for the heck of it, I checked The Home Depot I think...they still have a top load with an agitator in it. It's one of the smaller washers and I've always preferred a heavy duty large load machine...but to get a REAL washer....

posted Hide Post
KeepYouInStitches, heavy duty was what I used to have. I think they are not allowed to make those anymore. I could kick myself for just not having it repaired.

posted Hide Post
sallysmom - You and me both. Both my washer and dryer were still working when we replaced them - stepson bought us a set for Christmas...said ours was too loud last time he'd visited LOL. We gave them to someone whose home burned. Six months later the pump went out on the washer. Her dad brought her a machine until he could get the pump replaced. She griped...that was the first heavy duty large load machine she'd ever had and she loved it. Wink

Hmmm...just wondering if a commercial machine would be better than what the manufacturers are pawning off on us?

Picture of M-ma
posted Hide Post
And another thing.
Someone actually stated that a folded napkin washed in a front-load comes out still folded.

Why would a person put a folded item into a washing machine--any type?

Does that person fold sheets prior to washing them? towels? clothing? white clothes?
Makes no sense to diss a front-load because a folded item is still folded.... duh!

If a person doesn't like front-load, then don't buy one. Do the homework first. Talk with people; do on-line searches; talk to salespeople; check mft. on-line.

As for heavy duty, I don't know. Everything is energy conservation. My machine does offer a fine soak cycle; it does a great job on outer wear.

Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Hi M-ma, By "folded napkins", I am referring (and assuming others are)....brand new napkins? And whenever washing brand new sheets, it just makes sense to unfold everything opened up. But even when I have not done so, my front loader has done it for me.

btw, DH had this crazy room mate in college who would fold everything as it came out of the washer, and then put it in the dryer. The roommate was convinced things came out more wrinkle free by doing so.Wink