Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Cleaning & Organizing
  Swivel Sweeper comments
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swivel Sweeper comments Sign In/Join 
Picture of CA Lori
posted
If you have one, are you happy with it? Ever since I replaced my carpeting in the traffic areas of the house, I find that this little gadget is a lifesaver. I can zip through these tiled floors in less than 10 minutes. It does a great job.

My only complaint is that I have to charge it just about every time I use it. It's such a cheaply made tool, so I don't expect it to last very long. That said, it doesn't cost that much to replace. I've used it at least 3 times a week for the last six months.

I've had the tool for almost two years, but it didn't get used very much before installing the tile.

Posts: 5880 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
Lori do you mean the kind that plugs in? that is very light weight? If so we had one and I think after the newness had worn off I stopped using it.

On bare floors I really like using a duster type cleaner (not a dust mop) as I think it sort of polishes at the same time.

Posts: 12136 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
If it's the Swiffer with the removable pads and nothing electrified, it works great on my wood floor but is not effective at all with my tile. When they tile was grouted and cleaned, they wiped too much grout out between the tiles. Sand/grit/dirt falls into the grout.

And, if it is the Swiffer like I have, I use old wash cloths instead of buying the Swiffer cloths.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KeepYouInStitches,

Posts: 16461 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CA Lori
posted Hide Post
No, it's the 2-lb red, battery-operated cordless vacuum sweeper that's being shown on TV.

Sherry, I can't figure out how to show a picture of it like you did with the Swifter dust mop.

LOS, I'm curious as to what you're talking about. Could you describe it more (mfr. name, etc.)?

If you google Swivel Sweeper you can easily find it.

It's really not good on carpeting. And it sure doesn't take the place of my upright Eureka or Sears cannister vacuum cleaners. It's just a nice tool to have around for quick pickup jobs.

Posts: 5880 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hide Post
No, it's the 2-lb red, battery-operated cordless vacuum sweeper that's being shown on TV.

Yes that is it. My friend had one and just loved it and raved about it so much I got one too. There was something about emptying it that I didn't like. Maybe hairs got wrapped around the bristles and I thought I had to get them all off.

I think we took it to the transfer station.

I use sort of big swiffer thing like Sherry describes. I just use some soft cloths to dust with. Most of my floors are wood.

Posts: 12136 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one called QuickShine, bought at walmarts. It holds the charge if you are careful not to charge the battery any longer than 8 hours. I killed my old one by overcharging.

Yes, it does have little bristles and I clean them once in awhile. Not hard to do and you don't have to get them perfectly clean. I often swiffer and then pick up the bigger stuff with the sweeper. The last few days I've been bringing in clumps of mud so right now it is leaning in the corner, easy to grab all that mud.

The new ones empty by pressing two buttons on the top and the little bottom collector door swings open. I would not be without one. Picks up dog hair really well.

P.s. It was charged when we left here in Oct. and we just got back two weeks ago or so. It is still charged.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: metwo,

Posts: 6720 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Annon
posted Hide Post
I use a swiffer type, with extra pieces of quilt batting instead of cloths. It picks up pretty much everything.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post