Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Cleaning & Organizing
  Storage Challenges in the Home
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Storage Challenges in the Home Sign In/Join 
Picture of TmF10
posted
Hello HGTV readers,

I'm new to the forums and would like to jump right in and see how I can help everyone. I'm trying to see what some of the most common issues people are having with storage in their homes.

Whether you need to store your children's toys, old memorabilia, cleaning supplies, holiday decorations or anything, I want to hear about it.

Let me know what your storage/organization challenge/issue is and I will respond with some tips and advice on solving that problem!

Thanks

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jul 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...do I sense an opportunity to drum up biz in the guise of a helpful offer here? Hope this is not the case as that would be against board rules.

Posts: 18701 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kathy_in_wlsv
posted Hide Post
nope no storage issues at all. and I buy almost nothing that I don't seek out first.

Life is GOOD!!

Posts: 1574 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: Nov 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TmF10
posted Hide Post
Most people don't buy things they're not seeking.

No storage issues at all is a blessing, I wish more of us were as organized as you are.

Unfortunately, most of the people I know and speak with have houses that look like disaster areas, and I help them try and fix those issues... I figure if I can reach more people and help them live a more organized life, then they will be better off.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jul 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charming
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the boards. I you are here to share your accumulated knowledge and to also be open to our ideas and suggestions. We frequently have posters come along and post problems and we try to answer, we've never solicited our expertise.

If you've ever visited other boards that prohibits advertising you would know most members get their "Spidey Senses" tingling when a first time poster comes along and says "Hi, I'm new to the boards and I'm here to answer your storage questions and concerns."

Fun and Info

Posts: 3565 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: Jan 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're so right, I do have storage concerns. My concern is that my favorite message boards are filled with SPAMMERS like you with the guise of trying to be helpful. In an effort to help us de-clutter, say GOOD-BYE and GET LOST!!!!
Sorry, Charming, I know you answered with all good intentions but I'm not that nice.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jaysmom49,

Posts: 1972 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Looks suspicious to me too.

Generally we toss out a problem and get help from other members. Or we post about an ah-ha moment on how we solved our own dilemma. We don't go fishing.

Posts: 17191 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Becky56
posted Hide Post
Nope, he's a spammer. He's also eased his way in over at HTE.

Posts: 3270 | Location: Bama G.R.I.T.S. | Registered: Jun 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is HTE, Becky?

Posts: 6086 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Becky56
posted Hide Post
Hometalk Entertainment forums

Posts: 3270 | Location: Bama G.R.I.T.S. | Registered: Jun 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
At last, someone to tell me how to store stuff I've had for a long time.Will be so nice to get it up off the floor.

Posts: 4442 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post