Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Cleaning & Organizing
  Organizing websites
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Organizing websites Sign In/Join 
posted
I do well to get on the internet, I don't know much about a computer. Is there a way to save and organize the websites I have in my favorites? I have so many that it's hard to find the one I want when I want it. I have to look through the whole list. I'd like to have one place dedicated to decor, one for recipes, on for misc., etc. Thanks

Posts: 566 | Registered: Jan 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Maybe a site like this could be connected with the SmartHome. It's and excellent suggestion. There's a lot of talented individuals who could handle it. Carly K. who presents the Smarthome is explaining how she uses her phone to organize her life on Howdini. She'd be a great candidate for this, don't you think?

Your computer should have this information. If not, my hub refers me to You Tube to get explanations.

My other favorite places to go is Revision & Techpodcasts.com. I enjoy keeping ahead of my young adult children. They keep asking me how I'm knowing this stuff. lol Let's just say...I have a crib sheet with these sites. As soon as they get my devices, I'm sunk. They'll be keeping up with me and surpassing me, I'm sure of it. Oh well I gave it a good Mom's try!

Posts: 5212 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Within Book marks, I can create as many labeled folders as I want, and add/place websites within these folders (random or alphabetized). Stand alone websites are there on the side bar too, but organizing them into folders sounds like a good plan for you too?

Posts: 9636 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put everything, except 9 websites on Pinterest, once I figured out how to do it. All my blogs went on Bloglovin, which I didn't know existed,lol.

Posts: 566 | Registered: Jan 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Like Conrad stated...yes you can. When you click on Favorites scroll down and look for Organize Favorites.
You can add folders and move websites to those folders.
Quilting
Knitting
Recipes
Landscaping
Etc.

Posts: 17182 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Yes, I organize them!

Go to "bookmark this page" on your tool bar. I use Mozilla so this is specific for organizing at that site.

Then you will see Name:

Folder: (at folder click and drop down to "choose".

Select new folder and name it.

For example: Gardening Sites, Kitchen Sites, etc.

You can also make folders and then organize your existing favorites into the folders. You simply click and move the favorite into the folder.

Good Luck!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9461 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post