Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Cleaning & Organizing
  Shark Pro Steam Pocket Mop
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shark Pro Steam Pocket Mop Sign In/Join 
Picture of CA Lori
posted
I just bought it yesterday at Costco and haven't had time to open the box.

I don't know anything about this product but thought it might be a good idea to use on my new tile floors.

Does anyone have any experience with it, good or bad?

Posts: 5882 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Lori,

Did you get to set up your new machine? Do you like it?

I haven't used one either so no info on them. Lots of tile here (white) to clean too!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9325 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammerhugger
posted Hide Post
I had one in my old house but had laminate and hardwood floors and loved it. I just moved to a new home with lots of tile but have not moved all my things from my old home but I am hoping it works as well on tile as it did on laminate and hardwood. Let us know how it worked for you.

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds.
--Mel Weldon

Posts: 5561 | Location: Arizona, in the valley | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
I bought one at the Gray Thursday sale and I love it -- not sure if it's the same model but it is a Shark and it's a steam mop! Yours may have more bells and whistles than mine!

I have hardwood and tile and am amazed at how well it cleans -- with just water!!! And I was amazed at how dirty the mop head was when I first used it for I clean the kitchen DAILY and the dining room path at least a couple of times a week -- and it appears that I'm not getting all of the dirt up with Bona and a regular mop!

Martha

Posts: 5403 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted Hide Post
Now I'm confused... It's ok to put water on a wood floor, even a hot steam? I have wood in our
bedroom, I thought it could only be cleaned with Bona. Now I'm very interested in the Shark!

Posts: 908 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammerhugger
posted Hide Post
I have both laminate and regular wood floors and I use it on both with no problems although I confess I have used it more on the laminate because it is in the kitchen. The hot steam does not stay on there long and evaporates right away.

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds.
--Mel Weldon

Posts: 5561 | Location: Arizona, in the valley | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Hammerhugger, glad you have one, too. Smile

Posts: 5048 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am considering a Shark, but the vacuum cleeaner, not the steam cleaner. I had an oreck for years for every day vacuuming and loved it bu I found a Shark, similar to the Oreck in price, but it has some attachments. Anyone recommend this purchase?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the Hoover Floor Mate is a better deal.
It vacuums up the dirt, washes the floor, then ***** up the dirty water. Makes cleaning hard
floors (of all types) a breeze.
I couldn't live without it. $150 at Walmart and you can use any cleaner you want. For my wood floors I use water, a little vinegar and a dash of dish soap. (A Martha Stewart recipe for wood floors, works perfect)

Posts: 1082 | Location: LAS VEGAS | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Becky56
posted Hide Post
I bought the shark pocket last night for my new floors. It'll be in the box till later in the week when I have the house put back together.

Posts: 3193 | Location: Bama G.R.I.T.S. | Registered: Jun 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a Hoover Floor Mate? I just looked at the website and it looks very interesting...of course, a lot of them do until you actually get the thing home and try to use it! Any comments on it?

Posts: 75 | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Becky56
posted Hide Post
Just used my Shark for the first time. It did the job, I like it so far!

Posts: 3193 | Location: Bama G.R.I.T.S. | Registered: Jun 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Becky56
posted Hide Post
I can't begin to tell y'all how much I love my Shark! it get my floors so nice and clean and it is sooooo easy to use!

Picture of rubyruby
posted Hide Post
Count me in as a Shark lover. It works wonderful on my hardwoods. I squirt a diluted bottle of windex as I steam cleans and when using it on my tile floors keep a spray bottle of fabuloso. It makes my kitchen smell so good and my floors are nice and clean. When washing the pad, don't use fabric softener in the wash. I use the jet hose on mine outside to get the dirt out of it then pop in wash.

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt"

Posts: 1174 | Location: Houston, Tx Zone 9 | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post