Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WARNING...! Sign In/Join 
Picture of Grapefruit
posted
I want to save any of you from the same shock that I experienced!

It was a dreary day here, I decided to do some drawer cleaning in the kitchen. I put on my glasses and turned on the bright lights.

Aarrghhh!! Yikes......grunge! I saw all sorts of icky places that I never see any other time! There were little crevices in the oven door, areas around the stovetop knobs, ....things that I have overlooked!!! I just could not see them when doing my regular cleaning!

I am constantly wiping all kitchen surfaces, appliances, etc....but NOW I know that I need to do so while wearing my glasses!!

It was a startling experience....one that will hopefully save me from embarrassment!

Posts: 3226 | Location: central PA | Registered: Jan 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know where you're coming from. After my retina issue and cataract surgery (almost a year from start to finish) I got the shock of my life at the state of my house!
Now it's easier, I simply close my "good" eye take out the contact in my bad eye and the house looks great.
Embarrassed, nah, I watch an episode of hoarders and feel great!
But if you choose to deal with it.....

Posts: 1988 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ROFL. I can so relate.

Posts: 2291 | Location: Arkansas Zone 7 | Registered: Aug 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe we need signs by the front door, "please remove glasses."

Posts: 7206 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grapefruit
posted Hide Post
Lol.....good idea, Metwo....!

Posts: 3226 | Location: central PA | Registered: Jan 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
I had the exact same experience lately. Back of stove, stove knobs, oven door lip, d.w. lip etc.

Posts: 12925 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Waverider ;)
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaysmom49:
Embarrassed, nah, I watch an episode of hoarders and feel great!

I don't get that hysterical. My viewpoint is: If you have come to see me, you are welcome, if you came to see my house, MAKE AN APPT.....
I am on a mission to do some cleaning/decluttering now and have put some stuff away (washed blanket, etc.) and I am proud of myself, I must admit. I wish Hoarders was back on TV..... Wink

Posts: 2521 | Location: "The Garden State", NJ ~ Zone 7 | Registered: Nov 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Handles on the dishwasher, oven, and refrigerator!!!

Hangs head in shame...

Chief rule in my house though - If you sign your name in the dust, do NOT date it!

Posts: 17255 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Oh, heck, that happens to all of us. I'm not going to worry about it. It'll get cleaned once in a while.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6732 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess it's a Jersey thing! I have a sign at my door that says "my house was clean last week, sorry you missed it!"
BTW, repeats of Hoarders is on every Monday night on Lifetime so at least every Monday I feel great!
Life is too short to worry about this stuff!

Posts: 1988 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Metwo, your comment really made me laugh! I needed one of those this evening.

I've also thought....for those who don't wear glasses, dim the lights and light the candles. I'm still chuckling over this one!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trish212,

Posts: 5231 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post