Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Cleaning & Organizing
  vac problem?? "Dirt Devil Deluxe"??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

vac problem?? "Dirt Devil Deluxe"?? Sign In/Join 
posted
Posted a little while ago about having multiple vacuum cleaners. After 2 back-to-back "injuries" (foot and back), hadda let normal everyday cleaning seriously slide. When able to vac, the effort of LUGGING it up/down thru 3-level house was really a problem.

So when I found a decent looking vac at a thrift store at a really good price, I now have 2. New found one is a Dirt Devil Deluxe (by Royale), red, uses bags, had ALL the extension hoses, manual, package of bags and spare belt. I CAN'T get it open to check bag? Manual says something like "grip firmly and pull toward you"... but nothing budges??

Does anyone have this kinda vac and is there a secret I'm missing??

Posts: 5664 | Location: mount holly, NJ, USA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have one, but see if this video helps you at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyRjwx_vlgE

Posts: 2049 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Graciepj... THANK you for going to the trouble to post this video. Unfortunately, though it looks a LOT like vac I have... not quite the same. I went to Dirt Devil's web site and they had a place to click to contact. Hoping to get a response from DD before I get temped to just try to PRY it open... and potentially DESTROY it!?! Patience is NOT my strong suit??

Posts: 5664 | Location: mount holly, NJ, USA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I looked up dirt devil deluxe it showed px of different models. Could you perhaps post a px of which one you have?

I have had various dirt devils over the years but don't recall a deluxe.

Posts: 7311 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thatchairlady:
Graciepj... THANK you for going to the trouble to post this video. Unfortunately, though it looks a LOT like vac I have... not quite the same. I went to Dirt Devil's web site and they had a place to click to contact. Hoping to get a response from DD before I get temped to just try to PRY it open... and potentially DESTROY it!?! Patience is NOT my strong suit??

Darn! I was hoping that was it. All I can do is wish you luck and patience (not one of my strongest traits either).

Posts: 2049 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got response from email to DD... said get/read manual?!? I HAVE the manual! All it says on vac is "pull here" on cover, but it's NOT budging. Sent them make/model/serial#. Told to squeeze where it says to pull... NO movement at all.