I have a decorative wooden kitchen sign way up high on the wall, almost right over the stove. I just looked up at it closely and it looks like fuzz is growing on it. I am sure that the sign is sticky with grime and when the floating dust in the air lands on it, it sticks to the sign.
What product would you use to clean it up? Would swiping a wet Magic Eraser over it do the job?
I use a damp, soapy cloth on almost everything. It should work well.
Mr.Clean liquid, or Fantastik will do the trick. Other all-in-one cleaner products that cuts grease will work.
I would probably wash with a wet soapy rag that has had some bleach mixed in with the cleaner.
I like Grapefruit's suggestion of a damp soapy cloth. I'd use a dish washing product for the soap seeing as how there is most likely kitchen grease in the whiskers. And then if that doesn't get it as clean as you want try something stronger. Maybe 409 spray. I'd use bleach only as a last resort.
I would use Goo Gone. I've needed to clean up that kind of greasy dirt before... For example, the edges of the ceiling fan blades and a metal plaque that used to hang on the soffit near the stove. A wet soapy rag doesn't cut it.
And I use full strength Mean Green. It cuts the grease and cleans at the same time.
I only use googone for tacky things like where tape has been or pine tar or labels on items....and it will take unwanted paint splatters off lots of things too.
"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion
I used Fantastic to do the job and it turned out great.
ga.karen, I don't think we get Mean Green in our area. Good to know that Goo Gone works on paint splatters.
Oops works better for paint.
|Powered by Social Strata|