Message Boards


  • Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Cleaning & Organizing
  carbon monoxide??
carbon monoxide?? Sign In/Join 
Realize this isn't exactly a "cleaning" subject, but thought this would be a good place to start.

The special needs kid in summer program went on a field trip to Home Depot today. We went on the school bus... they have AC now, not like back in stone-age. We were on the bus for a 30-40 minutes each way.

By the time we got back to school, I was starting to feel the beginnings of a KIL LER headache. By the time I got home (about 1:00), it was full-blown POUNDING and no match for Tylenol.

May have gone a bit paranoid BUT... thought carbon monoxide!?! Won't be in school till Monday, but if ANY of co-workers had a similar experience, gonna make sure somebody in authority hears about it.
Posts: 5661 | Location: mount holly, NJ, USA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could be but I thought you just got sleepy.
Posts: 2322 | Location: Arkansas Zone 7 | Registered: Aug 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
If the bus has a leaky exhaust system that allowed fumes to enter the passenger cabin, and if the AC system is a closed one that doesn't allow outside/inside air exchange, there's some possibility of CO poisoning. If both those conditions weren't present, and if no one else showed signs of illness, it's unlikely.
Posts: 4685 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoW
posted Hide Post
When my mom got carbon monoxide poisoning she had a pounding head ache and she was sleepy. DB2 was with her and just got sleepy.

She had the muffler on that car replaced the next day.
Posts: 8617 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska, USA | Registered: Oct 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kathy_in_wlsv
posted Hide Post
I imagine it was the discomfort of the trip, since busses usually have to be inspected quite closely.

The driver is in it all day every day...and not getting sick.. but you could mention it, they can just put a CO detector in it and run it for a half hour.

Life is GOOD!!
Posts: 1578 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: Nov 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata    HGTV Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  At Home  Hop To Forums  Cleaning & Organizing    carbon monoxide??