Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Cleaning & Organizing
  Dyson HEPA filter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dyson HEPA filter Sign In/Join 
Picture of M-ma
posted
For those of you who have Dyson vacuums.
DC07 through DC14, 15, 17 have HEPA filters.
The indication is that these are Lifetime.
Well, take a look at your HEPA.
We just replaced ours (bought Dyson 14 in Nov. '06. The original HEPA is WHITE. Ours was BlACK. This filters out minute particles and mite feces from the motor.
Mft. will suggest replacing every six months. That is source where I bought our new HEPA.
Video I watched suggests every four years.
My guess: depends upon your usage, household numbers, pets, etc.
I'll post the youtube video on replacing the HEPA in a DC07. Same in all Dysons, I think.
Or go to youtube.com and search Dyson HEPA filter. Easy to replace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtLEYpGqpWU

I went to Amazon for the HEPA replacement filter. $13 including shp. Also included was a canister filter replacement (yellow and blue filter). Search HEPA filter for DC07 & DC14.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M-ma,

Posts: 5972 | Location: western PA | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, I recently bought one also, after about 10 years. It's a good idea to watch the video on YouTube before replacing, as there is a possibility of breaking the little tabs either removing or replacing the filter. It was very easy to replace after watching the video.

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Oct 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M-ma
posted Hide Post
Firm but gentle removes the cover.

Posts: 5972 | Location: western PA | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post