Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Housework Sign In/Join 
Picture of lady of shallot
posted
I'm trying to amp up my housecleaning chores. That is attend to them more often. I used to like to clean but not so much anymore and can't afford to hire anyone (anyway would they do it my way?)

I find one thing that helps is to prime myself. For instance I want to clean the glass on my pictures that are hanging. So in the bathroom, I did two just before taking my bath. That makes me more interested (marginally) in doing the other 6 and the other 290 and the rest of the house! No, actually that is only 64 more upstairs and over the stairs!

Posts: 12628 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear ya! Getting motivated is half the battle with me. Now that Christmas is here, I put away some of my "stuff" and put out the Christmas "stuff". After Christmas I bring out my old "stuff" but change it around to different rooms.....that keeps me motivated to wash pictures, dust tables, wash curtains, clean up houseplants and TRY to remember how must easier it is to dust if I have less "stuff" sitting around. At least for a little while I am motivated...lol

love life

Posts: 1516 | Location: omaha, ne U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grow a cataract. The house looks better every day! Had my left one done, so I only use my right eye to look around.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaysmom49:
Grow a cataract. The house looks better every day! Had my left one done, so I only use my right eye to look around.

Big Grin

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4845 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CJO
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to detest sunny days.....that show how dirty my windows are and how dusty the furniture is...LOL!

About my only motivation to clean is to 'allow' myself to decorate something a bit more; which of course addddds even more stuff to dust around etc. Ugh! Big Grin

Posts: 2865 | Registered: Oct 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always start such hectic cleaning work before 1 month during festival time.

https://www.facebook.com/OceansRG

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one show that really got me motivated to clean (just a little) was "How Clean is Your House." Gosh, I loved that show!

Posts: 6082 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here from your thread I am getting that you are very interested in cleaning the home, it is very good to clean your home and motivating others to clean their home.

Posts: 31 | Location: United States | Registered: Jul 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post