Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eczema Update Sign In/Join 
posted
Thank you AlL for you suggestions, even the people chimed in late- the clothing change was a fabulous help- in fact it was so good that I did not have to make my mom ride shotgun- bare- ***** in the car to Cape Cod. She still tries to scratch her back against the chair like a cat, but I think that is a combination of her eczema and diabetic nueropathy. I did promise a picture- sorry she is clothed LOL!!

Posts: 477 | Location: Cape Cod  | Registered: Oct 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sandlance, So glad your mother is doing better ~ she looks like a real sweetheart! Cool

Posts: 6487 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
So glad to hear that she's feeling better!

Posts: 3036 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonderful! Wonderful that she is better,she looks like a wonderful person, you sound like a wonderful person, and it sounds like you have a wonderful relationship. So all in all, wonderful!!

Posts: 6768 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, she is wonderful 87+, I "glammed" her up for the photo- gave her my sunglasses to replace the big black ones all seniors wear and a scarf to hide the trache in her neck. She was pretty happy as we were in Cape Cod , our home state of Massachusetts.

Posts: 477 | Location: Cape Cod  | Registered: Oct 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aww, what Metwo said!

Posts: 6057 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just reading about sweet almond oil. Have you tried that, by chance?

Posts: 6057 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will try sweet almond oil- even though we have it under control, she still tries to scratch her back against her chair like a kitty on a scratching post. Cool! now I have a mom and a kitty , all in one, that the pups won't chase.

Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
Sandlance - that is where my eczema is - right across my lower back. I always wear a camisole or tank tucked into my slacks or jeans - keeps the waistbands from direct contact with skin.

Posts: 3036 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post