Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Cleaning & Organizing
  SPINoff of stove tops...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SPINoff of stove tops... Sign In/Join 
Picture of CJO
posted
If you have had a ceramic stove top, how long do the burners last? I suppose if one goes out that's the end of that burner?????? Can they fix just one?????

Sorry, I'm too tired to go look for the manual.

And, I just want personal thoughts anyway... Wink

Posts: 2877 | Registered: Oct 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted Hide Post
Mine has lasted 21 years so far. None of the elements ever burned out but one of my daughters friends dropped a very heavy stainless steel salt shaker on it and shattered it completely so that you could see the guts. Cost to replace was 600 big ones Frown We're renovating our kitchen and I bought another one b/c I like it and it's easy to clean, IMO. Yes, the elements can be replaced, they just remove the top.

Posts: 989 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CJO
posted Hide Post
Well, Spanish Revival, I leaned a lot from your response...sorry about the accident! Yikes, did her parents offer to pay for damages?????

Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
I think you can...I think you can.

Here is a link for you. It looks like it is possible to switch out the burners.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/r...s-cooktop-31446.html

Good luck!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9460 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted Hide Post
Yikes, did her parents offer to pay for damages?????[/QUOTE]

I didn't bring it to the attention of her Father b/c it was an accident and they were not in a good financial situation at the time.

Posts: 989 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
When my stove top broke I found that I could get a whole new and better stove for less than what I would have to pay for a new stove top for my old stove. In 30 years I have not had a burner burn out.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3560 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CJO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spanish Revival:
Yikes, did her parents offer to pay for damages?????

I didn't bring it to the attention of her Father b/c it was an accident and they were not in a good financial situation at the time.[/QUOTE]

Awwww, that was so very kind of you!!! Big Hugs to you!!!!