Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Cleaning & Organizing
  A word for the husbands
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A word for the husbands Sign In/Join 
Picture of lady of shallot
posted
DH explained to me today three truisms for the work shop.

1) if you drop something little on the floor it is sure to roll under the most remote part of the work bench.

2) If you take something apart, no matter how careful you are to store everything you just dismantled, there is sure to be one thing missing. Or maybe one or two extra things.

3) no matter how carefully you store extra screws/nuts/bolts etc in no matter how many clever storage jars or containers none of them will fill the bill when you need one.

So I suggested he take all those filled containers and leave them at the town swap shop, to which he replied that he would except if they were still there a day or two later, he would think he had found a treasure trove and bring them home!

Posts: 12925 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
When I remarried after my first husband's death and moved 300+ miles away...as we were packing my house and storage building, new DH found 1st DHs literal bucket of bolts (nuts and screws). I told him to just leave it and I'd have my brother deal with it (he'd already made the request that he wanted everything DH didn't). LOL DH said NO! There's some good stuff in there.

We moved it again in 2004 along with DHs tray of bolts. LOL

Posts: 17254 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Lady,

Too funny about those little parts.

DH has an old tin full of the odds and end of life and parts. Some are from his Dfather's workshop too. It makes me "nuts" to look for something on his side.

My tool cabinet is organized and tidy. You can look in and see anything you might need. Paints, brushes, drywall screws and nails are all in the right place.

I would love to re-arrange DH work bench, tool box and his metal cabinet. Do I dare? Plus it's funny that DH favorite expression is to remember to put his tools back in the right place.

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9485 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
What needles your husband?

This evening, my husband asked, "Do you think you could remove this label out of my jacket? It keeps irritating my arm. I think your thread cutter might work best to remove it." I know, I know, impressive that he knows that my seam ripper does these things. Smile

I sat for awhile removing the stitches of the label. Part of me wanted to just stitch a patch over the label to correct the problem.

He showed me again just WHERE the label was causing so much irritation. It's on my arm in the back section. OK...think about it. Where are LABELS typically on clothing? The front chest area, right?

I investigated his jacket. A burr that got stuck in his jacket when he went out into the woods MONTHS ago was causing his problem. He now owns an eebok jacket to wear outside.

I'm beginning to think....this may be better under the stitching section of the Message Board. lol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trish212,

Posts: 5231 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjf
posted Hide Post
trish just have to share this with my bff's...

Posts: 8559 | Location: se mi | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trish212:
What needles your husband?

This evening, my husband asked, "Do you think you could remove this label out of my jacket? It keeps irritating my arm. I think your thread cutter might work best to remove it." I know, I know, impressive that he knows that my seam ripper does these things. Smile

I sat for awhile removing the stitches of the label. Part of me wanted to just stitch a patch over the label to correct the problem.

He showed me again just WHERE the label was causing so much irritation. It's on my arm in the back section. OK...think about it. Where are LABELS typically on clothing? The front chest area, right?

I investigated his jacket. A burr that got stuck in his jacket when he went out into the woods MONTHS ago was causing his problem. He now owns an eebok jacket to wear outside.

I'm beginning to think....this may be better under the stitching section of the Message Board. lol

I LOVE this story...eebok...LOL!!!

Posts: 2000 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post