Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Cleaning & Organizing
  Non-skid bathtub mat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-skid bathtub mat Sign In/Join 
posted
I got a non-skid suction cup tub mat because our tub is like walking on ice when wet, and we have little ones. Is it ok to leave in the tub or should I remove it after each use? I'm thinking about everything that could grow in the wet area underneath it, if I leave it in place. Or am I being paranoid? Thanks

Posts: 551 | Registered: Jan 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
I think it is smart to remove it and allow it and the tub to dry. Drape it over the tub side, or add a towel bar to the tub area wall for it to hang?

Posts: 9432 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Yep...hang to dry or it will mold on the back side.

Be sure to replace as the mat gets brittle because the suction cups will not suction any more and the mat will slip.

Have you thought about the stick-on thingies? I have had both and prefer the stick-on thingies...LOL that is a technical term. Big Grin
Looked them up: appliques, stickers, tattoos (the fish on amazon are cute!)
http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=85961011

I even saw a peel and stick mat - instead of the suction cup mat.

They will eventually start to peel up...you will then need to remove and clean the gooey before replacing...easily done.

Posts: 16493 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
I prefer washable non skid bath mats. I believe BB&B sells some. DO remove and allow to air dry after each use and wash periodically as per instructions.

Posts: 18394 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post