Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

dishwashers Sign In/Join 
Picture of M-ma
posted
Consumer Reports just listed recommended.
Number 1 is a Kenmore for $1200
Next is a Bosch.
Of the top 15 six are Bosch, several Kenmores, and several KitchenAids.
GE was listed well toward the bottom.

Energy savings, noise level, efficiency, interior, etc. were the comparison standards.

For those of you who ask.

Posts: 5900 | Location: western PA | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of still tryin
posted Hide Post
What issue is the review from? Is it a new review? TIA.

Posts: 2645 | Registered: Jan 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Belstone
posted Hide Post
In my personal experience (vast) KitchenAid, once the industry standard, should be right above GE, on the bottom. Currently, I have a Bosch that is so quiet you cannot hear it even if you're standing in front of it. So many of the U.S. brands are now manufactured by just a couple of companies and quality has suffered in the process of merging...sadly.

**Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain**

Posts: 3639 | Location: Here, by the grace of God... | Registered: Jan 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Annon
posted Hide Post
I bought a new Bosch a few months ago. It is amazingly quiet and EVERYTHING comes out clean. I do find that the tines are a bit too close on the bottom rack. Sometimes I have to use every other one for plates.

Posts: 3545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Belstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Annon:
I bought a new Bosch a few months ago. It is amazingly quiet and EVERYTHING comes out clean. I do find that the tines are a bit too close on the bottom rack. Sometimes I have to use every other one for plates.

I concur...it's the only thing I don't like about mine, too!

**Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain**

Posts: 3639 | Location: Here, by the grace of God... | Registered: Jan 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M-ma
posted Hide Post
current issue.

So many ask, so I just thought I'd mention this.

We do like our Bosch.

Posts: 5900 | Location: western PA | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a Bosch last year, and am pleased with it. I do agree about the tines. I also don't like the layout of them, but it works I guess.

Posts: 616 | Location: Indianapolis | Registered: Nov 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maryim
posted Hide Post
I've had a GE for 15 years - no problems. I guess they don't make them like they use to - no surprise there.

Posts: 5418 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got an Asko 2 years ago and I am very pleased with the performance. It's a bit larger than most--you should know that all dishwashers do not have the same dimensions. Mine is taller and we had to have the adjustable legs removed when we had tile installed so that it would fit under the countertops.

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted Hide Post
I have a high end Kenmore,it's fine, it does a good job, it dries the dishes which is something I wanted in a dishwasher and it's quiet, under 40 dbs., I think. There is something I don't care for, the tines... I would have liked some of the tines on the bottom angled to accommodate bowls rather than just plates. I searched far and wide before I made this purchase but it seems the guts of the new dishwashers are basically the same. It cleans very well, you can put a dish of dried up whatever (lasagna, baked mac and cheese) and it does come out sparkly clean, that's a thumbs up for me!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Spanish Revival,

Posts: 908 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My girlfriend has a Bosch and she says it is so quiet, too. I have never had a quiet dishwasher so I may save up my pennies and buy one in the future.

Posts: 6057 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nana J
posted Hide Post
I have a Bosch and love the quietness of it but have found that my old Kenmore actually cleaned better.

Posts: 794 | Location: KY | Registered: Jun 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of siena
posted Hide Post
I have a 7 or 8 year old Kenmore Elite that runs so quietly you don't know it's on. Never had a repair in all those years and I'd buy another Kenmore in a heartbeat when this one dies. This one replaced a GE that was only 2 years old, (came with the house) and it was so noisy, it was unbelievable. In an open floor plan, one thing you really need is a quiet dishwasher.

Posts: 20 | Location: Southern Nevada | Registered: Jan 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do they skirt the issue of whether or not Sears/Kenmore will be around very much longer? Many financial columnists seem to have them being out of business by 2014.

Posts: 77 | Registered: Aug 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post