Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Cleaning & Organizing
  Cleaning appliances
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cleaning appliances Sign In/Join 
posted
I am getting new appliances today (yeah!). I decided to make the jump to stainless from black. Can anyone please offer the best way to clean it?

Also, here is a picture of my cooktop. How should I clean it? I've always used Windex on my other one but it wasn't completely smooth.

I want to make sure I don't use anything that will hurt it.

Posts: 118 | Registered: Oct 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Consult the manufacturer. BTW, what brand is the cooktop? Is it part of a stove or separate and on an island?

Posts: 18699 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Manual that comes with it would be the best advice. If you know the model you can look it up on line if you want to read it before it gets delivered.

Good luck with yours. I can't seem to keep mine clean enough to satisfy me.

Posts: 7114 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Will do.

Froo Froo - It's a GE Profile 30" cooktop. I have a separate wall oven.

Posts: 118 | Registered: Oct 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted Hide Post
The man that delivered all my stainless steel appliances said to use a small amount of baby oil on a white cloth and clean in the direction of the grain. For me, it worked like a dream. Be sure to wipe off any residual.

Posts: 989 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you consult to different cleaning shops available about to clean your appliance, form there you will get the best ideas of cleaning.

Posts: 31 | Location: United States | Registered: Jul 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is special cleaner for smooth top ranges....Any hardware store sells it and even your appliance store should have it.

love life

Posts: 1538 | Location: omaha, ne U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread is 6 months old, brought up by SPAMMER.

Posts: 7114 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post