Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Scrapbooking
  Use Fun Scrapbook Paper to make a Pendant
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Use Fun Scrapbook Paper to make a Pendant Sign In/Join 
posted
I love all the scrapbooking papers out there and thought I would make a pendant. I hope you like it. It's a great way to use some of those small scraps!

I you want to see how I made it, I have the directions here:
http://craftklatchwithmona.blo...g-paper-pendant.html

Posts: 188 | Registered: Sep 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the tutorial. Have a few grand-daughters who might like these.

I don't have any glass but may be able to come up with some acrylic. I have a large sheet of window plastic. Wonder if I could cut that down and use it? Any ideas.?

Jean

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by granny3641:
Thank you for the tutorial. Have a few grand-daughters who might like these.

I don't have any glass but may be able to come up with some acrylic. I have a large sheet of window plastic. Wonder if I could cut that down and use it? Any ideas.?

Hi Jean-
I've never cut down plastic before. I would think you would just have to use a utility knife and cut it down and maybe file the edges. If the edges are a little rough from the filing, you could touch it up with the Mod Podge or clear nail polish might work. Otherwise, I think Plaid has little acrylic shapes they sell now at craft stores that might work.

Hope that helps and Happy New Year!

Mona

Jean

Posts: 188 | Registered: Sep 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the idea of the pendant using scrapbooking paper. You can also use dominos and they are very very inexpensive. A whole can of them, which is about 28 dominos, sells for $3.00 at Walmart. Put the craft paper on the top then put Diamond Glaze over it. My grandkids did this all afternoon one weekend, even the boys liked it, they used the leather strips to hang them. My grandkids love to make things so I like inexpensive and fun crafts for them.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
Those large flat marbles would be great for this project as would old lenses from broken glasses.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rainee,

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3186 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hellen K
posted Hide Post
Wow, nice work. I would have a try. Thx for shaing.

Posts: 67 | Registered: Jun 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know this post is old but I wanted thank you for the tutorial! I am going to try it out with my little cousin.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Feb 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post