Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Scrapbooking
  Gel Pen storage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gel Pen storage Sign In/Join 
posted
I made this with pvc pipes,my son is a plumber and this was left over scrap from a job he did,,so it was free! I used my scrapbook paper to decorate and used mod podge to adhere the paper to the pipes.I then used hot glue to glue it all together.I made a bigge one years back,you can see it in the back ground of the picture,,that one holds larger markers etc. I like getting the pens out of a drawer and up on my counter where I can see them better,more organized also. Thanks for letting me share!

By lefeldmd at 2012-04-18

Posts: 127 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craftycookie
posted Hide Post
Great idea!

Cookie

Posts: 1154 | Location: North Central AZ | Registered: Dec 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Now I know what I want to hold all my pens. After I bought several container with drawers. gotta find a plumber who has scraps. Thank you so much for sharing this idea.

Jean

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 9960 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can purchase pipes at a home improvement tore,they will cut it also.BUT,,having a plumber in the family is a blessing in many ways!LOL

Posts: 127 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a clever and pretty idea. TFS

Posts: 790 | Location: michigan | Registered: Apr 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great idea and love the papers.

Posts: 2315 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of percyow
posted Hide Post
This is great. You can also use varying tube/pipe sizes. Also, aluminum foil cardboards can be used.

* Your kids can also a mini-version of these. another variation is stair-stepped and placed vertically. Verticals can splash on tassels and laces.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Jul 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pebbles03b
posted Hide Post
Great idea you could also use the tube cans from pringles also.

Posts: 1314 | Location: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is so cool and it is really worth.

Posts: 28 | Registered: Jun 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is really cool and quite inventive. That is exactly why you don't through out old stuff that could come in handy. I bet that is really useful too.

Posts: 12 | Registered: Aug 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crystal light containers might work as well!

Posts: 2315 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Love it!

Love the story that your son had a hand in it. ModPodge can do anything - almost as good as duct tape.

Interesting that the pens are on their side. I have stored pens vertical - makes me rethink my own storage stuff.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 415 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for this great idea! I have a bunch of gel pens that are just in a box. Sometimes it's such a hassle to find the color I need. Time for me to organize!

Posts: 13 | Registered: Nov 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post