HGTV Message Boards
Scrapbooking Conventions

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/423107661/m/3593911667

Dec 27, 2012, 04:56 PM
Ms. CJ
Scrapbooking Conventions
Has anyone gone to the Scrapbook Expo (www.scrapbookexpo.com)? If so, what was it like? Was it worth the trip? Are there similar events/meet-ups in the Los Angeles/Inland Empire area?
Dec 27, 2012, 05:32 PM
5bells
I went to the scrapbook expo a few years ago in Orlando Florida. It was fun, lots of venders, make and takes, and you can also sign up for classes.
Dec 28, 2012, 02:51 PM
rainee
I've gone to a few in the Seattle area and they were a lot of fun. As 5bells mentioned lots of make 'n takes, vendor specials, drawings, and just fun chatting it up with fellow scrappers. I make cards more than I scrap and use paper more for multi-media projects but I always find something that I can use or interests me and the creative energy there is enough to get you fired up.

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Dec 28, 2012, 05:54 PM
RosyGlow
I went to the ScrapBook Expl in NJ this year and was not impressed. You pay for most of the m n' ts and there didn't seem to be as many vendors. I had more fun at the CKC's in Buffalo,NY. The stamp show in Hamburg,NY in August was fun too. Many of these shows are starting to charge for their m n'ts.
Jul 22, 2013, 11:48 PM
PatV82
Having the time to go at least one full day is the best way to get the most from any of the Scrap Conventions.
I haven't gone in a few yrs and am thinking about trying again over the next 12 months. There are so many fads/fashions/techniques coming out constantly that shopping in stores just isn't enough.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com