Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Love it or List it
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Love it or List it Sign In/Join 
Picture of CatieCupCake
posted Hide Post
I have NEVER EVER liked this show, in fact I was less HGTV now since it has been on. I will NOT watch it, it that terrible.

Cathy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grandchildren are God's gift to you for not killing your own!

We don't stop playing because we grow old...we grow old because we stop playing Smile

Posts: 7638 | Location: Northern California USA | Registered: Oct 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mystery of 2013. Will Hillary ever have a house that does not have a major problem come up and nice homeowners? Will David find a perfect house the first time around? Stay tuned if you can stand it. David is a smart a** and should shut his mouth occasionally.

Posts: 9 | Registered: Apr 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been watching the show daily for 2 weeks, I have grown annoyed. Every show is the exact same. Hilary has problems and a low budget. The owners are so obviously coached for a dram effect. Otherwise Hilary would say, well you didn't give me enough money so hand more over or shut the **** up!!!

David always finds two houses they don't like and the third is always over budget and perfect. ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ what does HGTV think we are all stupid. I believe the homeowners are paid grade B actors. They don't even own the house.

I like the show but cut down the ******** and the fake staged acting drama. Let Hilary do the design and David find two houses TOPS!!! NO FAKE ****, no attitude or no show!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Censorship is un American. But then again there really is NO FREE SPEECH

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by William McSpirit:
Censorship is un American. But then again there really is NO FREE SPEECH

It's HGTV's soapbox, they can control what we say here. The right to free speech has to do with the G O V E R N M E N T limiting your speech not a private enterprise. Buy your own soap box (web site) and kvetch all you want.

BTW you admit to watching the show daily for 2 weeks, I'd say HGTV Mission Accomplished. Really, if you have HGTV you have at least 70 other channels to watch and more if you have the digital tier try changing the channel.

Welcome to the boards!

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6856 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CatieCupCake
posted Hide Post
I don't watch it, if it comes one when I have HGTV on, I turn it immediately. The show is just plain awful.

If they continue to run that show on nearly every day, I won't be watching HGTV at all anymore. Frown

Cathy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We don't stop playing because we grow old...we grow old because we stop playing Smile

Posts: 7638 | Location: Northern California USA | Registered: Oct 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Freddy James the SVR in charge of program development knows how many people hate this show?

Posts: 1734 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if Freddy James the SVR in charge of program development knows how many people hate this show?

Program development?? What on earth... There is no program development, just reruns.

I often wonder if sponsers know they are paying for a bunch of stale reruns. Yuck

Posts: 7968 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sophia12589:
This show is so predictable. The third house will be the best one and Hilary will find some sort of major problem with the renovation. Come on, let's get some variety into the show. Also, the arguments between all of them are really staged badly.

This post wraps up the whole premise of this show. HGTV - Drop This sooner than later!

Posts: 4 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please git rid of some of these shows on real estate and bring back the designers like Sara's house or David Bronstead and especially Antonio

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CatieCupCake
posted Hide Post
PLEASE DUMP "Love it or List it". I turn the channel whenever THAT show comes on...I can't tell you HOW much I HATE that show.

Cathy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
I love the idea of Love It or List It, but the show is awful. It's predictable, unrealistic, heavy-handed, and so nasty and negative. If HGTV would get a really talented producer for this show, it could be made into a most engaging fun hour -- just the show to watch when I want to put my feet up and be entertained for an hour. But the way it is now, when this show comes on, I change channels.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fully agree with all of the comments about how fake this show is. The very least they can do to make the show more entertaining is to vary the script once in awhile. Also, have you noticed that all of the houses and the complaints by Hillary are done on the same day? They don't even change clothes!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forget how fake the show is -- this is commercial TV, there is "fakeness" in every show on the air! If you think any so-called "reality" shows are in fact real, you are naive.

Just enjoy the show for what it does accomplish, and that is 1. awesome home makeovers, and 2. interesting peeks into styles and features of other homes.

No it's not curing sickness or ending world hunger, but it's decent entertainment. Get over being indignant about networks thinking you're stupid for watching their shows. Just don't watch their shows.

Posts: 2 | Location: San Leandro, CA | Registered: Jan 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bballdays:
Agree, more HGTV drama. I'd love to see a postmortem on the homeowners' subsequent sales of their existing homes, YellowCat. I've never known anyone to score 2X on their reno dollars for resale purposes.

Agreed!

Michelle

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where are Hillary and David. I really miss them and their show. I don't like the new hosts. They seem fake and phony. I also liked the old crew better. What happened? Are they coming back or am I looking for a new favorite show? This is such a disappointment.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a Realtor in Los Angeles, this is how homeowners, buyers, etc are in real life....Low Budgets, Unrealistic with High Expectations. Art imitating Life!

quote:
Originally posted by lal22:
Just saw the latest episode of love it or list it with Kasha and Patrick, and i love the concept of this new show. I love HGTV I have been watching since I was a kid,

but is it just me or does almost every couple that shows up on these shows-- love it or list it, house hunters, property brothers, property virgins-- is the requirement to be on the show, well, MEAN? I mean, it might make for good television but it is such a turn off to watch these people with low budgets and unrealistically high expectations be so nasty to the designers and realtors about what they want!!! It's getting to be too much HGTV-- please pick classier, less nasty, demanding, and ungrateful people to be on your shows.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CatieCupCake
posted Hide Post
Doesn't matter to me who the hosts are, the show is still awful. I am watching so much less HGTV these days. Kinda nice, think I was addicted there for a while. Smile

Cathy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
This is the most disgustingly fake "reality" show I've ever seen! You would think the producers would change the story line every now or then so it wouldn't seem like such a fraud. How stupid do they think we are? Are we to believe that the homeowners are always so snooty and unreasonable? Oh not to mention that one person always wants to stay and the other wants to move. How about David's attitude? I'll tell you one thing, I would never put up with such an arrogant realtor and neither would a real couple. Now on to Hillary..are we to believe that she will ALWAYS run into "unexpected hiccups" and she can't ever deliver what she promised? Same story line every episode! Come on HGTV! Give your viewers some credit and show us something with no fake added drama!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
The other day, I said to my husband, let's watch Love it or List it. we really need a laugh today. LOL
I guess that we seem to forget that these shows are really not real and get sort of dissapointed and perhaps angry as if they were.
We feel cheated by HGTV for substimating our intelligence.

Posts: 4901 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why are they recreating Love It or List It and keeping the same script, word for word? This show is the worst, same writers doing Property Brothers??!

Posts: 1 | Location: florida | Registered: Aug 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over acting the drama makes the show difficult to watch.
The new hosts, I can't comment on because I try not to watch the program completely.

HGTV has a habit of running a program into the ground so that viewers don't bother to watch.

Posts: 662 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Jul 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been getting increasingly po'd with the rudeness on the part of the hosts, Hilary and David. Today I had to turn it off after Hilary closed a door in David's face twice in a row. \I don't want to support this RUDE behaviour, so will just turn it off from now on.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
I've watched this show one time, that was enough for me. It's just silly.

The fact that it has drawn 3 pages of comments, good or bad, from board members just about guarantees a few more seasons of it. Roll Eyes

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7276 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All reality shows are fake. Seriously. So keep that in mind.
I hope they keep airing this show. I do not want a viewer/social network -driven show. I don't want the viewers to be the producers,directors and programming execs. They pay people to do that. I remember when they allowed "people" to control how Buffy the Vampire Slayer was written and aired and see what happened to that... We cannot control everything and people need to be mindful of that. HGTV has this under control. Either be a viewer or not. No sleep lost.

I have warmed up to the show and Hillary and David don't bother me as much as they used to. I like the other show hosts as well. The location of their show is beautiful! As a matter of fact, I like them and their brutal honesty. I would love for an episode that she actually walks out (I think she did it to Desta)on a hard headed couple.
What issues I have with the show are these people that complain that they "no longer have enough room" when I see a crap load of kids and junk everywhere. The reality is they do have plenty of room and the fact that they choose to have a mess load of kids was their doing and choice. Simply they were not being proactive. No one can tell me that they sat down and said that they are going to have "X" amount of kids... No. They didn't. They just flipped a dime each time hoping for the best. If they did, they wouldn't have 5 kids living in a 3 bedroom house... Also all of the junk? Poor house keeping. So now they want a bigger house to repeat the same mistakes they did in the first house. Give me a break.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Geezemarie,

Posts: 67 | Location: Indiana | Registered: Nov 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it would be a fun episode if they traded places, have the men decorate the old home and the women find a new one.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
I will have to admit that the lack of space that is presented in many of the program is simply created by the homeowner, They are hoarders.
I would be embarrassed to have anyone walk in my house and see any of those rooms, And I did raised 4 children, but there was some control by the parents.

Posts: 4901 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJBurr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geezemarie:
All reality shows are fake. Seriously. So keep that in mind.
I hope they keep airing this show. I do not want a viewer/social network -driven show. I don't want the viewers to be the producers,directors and programming execs. They pay people to do that. I remember when they allowed "people" to control how Buffy the Vampire Slayer was written and aired and see what happened to that... We cannot control everything and people need to be mindful of that. HGTV has this under control. Either be a viewer or not. No sleep lost.

I have warmed up to the show and Hillary and David don't bother me as much as they used to. I like the other show hosts as well. The location of their show is beautiful! As a matter of fact, I like them and their brutal honesty. I would love for an episode that she actually walks out (I think she did it to Desta)on a hard headed couple.
What issues I have with the show are these people that complain that they "no longer have enough room" when I see a crap load of kids and junk everywhere. The reality is they do have plenty of room and the fact that they choose to have a mess load of kids was their doing and choice. Simply they were not being proactive. No one can tell me that they sat down and said that they are going to have "X" amount of kids... No. They didn't. They just flipped a dime each time hoping for the best. If they did, they wouldn't have 5 kids living in a 3 bedroom house... Also all of the junk? Poor house keeping. So now they want a bigger house to repeat the same mistakes they did in the first house. Give me a break.

AGREE!!!

Posts: 3 | Location: Washington State | Registered: Oct 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CatieCupCake
posted Hide Post
Still not watching, and NEVER will. The show is awful. I think I watched one and that will be the last one I watch. The darn show seems to be on all the time, that's ok, I just turn the channel or get up and do something productive. Thank you HGTV!!! Smile

Cathy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zsdac4:
I agree, I hate how unrealistic homeowners are about renovations. I think Hilary does lovely work, but no one gives her a reasonable amount of money to do it. I find it frustrating!

I could not agree more. One couple gave her $15,000 and wanted their entire basement remodeled. I guess that would be possible if Hilary built with cardboard. They also expected their kitchen to be remodeled. I gotta wonder what kind of kitchen they expected for that kind of money. In the end, the majority of the money was spent on keeping the current kitchen from falling into the basement.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post