HGTV Message Boards
Hometown Renovation

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4104031632/m/9813997247

May 20, 2011, 05:05 PM
Tomatoqueen
Hometown Renovation
I just stumbled upon this one. It's really an interesting concept!

Anyone else watch this?
May 20, 2011, 06:17 PM
HgtvClaire
I stumbled upon this show too. It was terrific. I really enjoyed Billy. I plan on tuning in again.
May 20, 2011, 07:41 PM
CC-IMO
the show is great,but the poor guy is trying to save the whole town almost? where is help from the town for him? would be nice to see others helping him out Confused
May 20, 2011, 08:51 PM
bishopmonroe
Loved the show! Billy has such a big heart and is so sincere in his efforts to improve his hometown, and in his love for people. Can't wait for the next episode!
May 23, 2011, 02:39 PM
mbyarsgray
Loved the show! Monroe County will always be home to me Smile Fantastic to watch this show from Maryland and see the revitalization. Go Billy B!
May 24, 2011, 12:50 AM
mriley
I have not seen this show, but I am certainly going to make it a point to watch it. It sounds like the kind of program that I like. I am glad I saw this posting because I have not heard anything about it on HGTV,

Marylee
May 27, 2011, 11:49 AM
bishopmonroe
I don't understand why HGTV isn't advertising or promoting this show. It's a great show, and Billy has great ideas of design that anyone can do, even people on a tighter budget than most HGTV shows. Help spread the word about this show! I love it!

Nancy Bishop
May 27, 2011, 02:21 PM
kreese
I also stumbled upon this show, and ended up watching the whole thing. I had not heard anything at all about it. But I really liked it. I want to see if they can actually pull off rehabing the 5 and dime. That looks like a real mess of a project. And it doesn't look like anyone else even cares.
May 27, 2011, 04:56 PM
bballdays
Thanks for the tip, everyone. I placed it on the dvr. We can certainly use something new.
May 27, 2011, 06:31 PM
rwilson
Just happened on to this again this afternoon, and yes, I love it!! Love the fact that Billy loves junk and shows how great something can be with some imagination. Hgtv needs to get back to more of this kind of program.
May 28, 2011, 01:35 AM
mriley
I watched and taped this show for the first time yesterday. I couldn't find a listing, so I had to look it up and find out when the episodes were showing. Here in Ohio it is on at 5:00 pm on Fridays. I have set my DVR.
Marylee
May 29, 2011, 09:31 AM
BarryL
Could someone on this discussion board PLEASE upload the last Hometown Renovation episode onto youtube? I'm from Aberdeen and went to school with Billy B. HGTV (for whatever reason ) is not showing replays of "Hometown" (seems they are obsessed with Househunter's) Me and my family would LOVE to view this show (a very close friend is featured) but we are all working when it airs and our cable co. doesn't offer dvr. Please anyone? Thanks!
Jun 06, 2011, 06:17 AM
dannyhernany
Is Hometown Renovation online? unfortunately i've missed a few episodes & i would love to watch.
Jun 06, 2011, 07:21 AM
bishopmonroe
Please make the episodes of Hometown Renovation available to watch online!! Great show!

Nancy Bishop
Jun 06, 2011, 08:05 AM
Worth 65
Please put the episodes on line! I've missed 1.
Also I sure would like more episodes! They are great, especially for someone who is from Aberdeen as I am.
Jun 06, 2011, 09:19 AM
Andy Williamson
I'd love to be able to watch Hometown Renovation online. Are there any plans for HGTV to do this in the near future? I am also interested in getting DVDs of the show too. Any plans for that in the future?
Jun 06, 2011, 10:50 AM
jcasper
Please put the Hometown Renovation episodes online. Many interested viewers are unable to watch at the appointed times and do not have recording capabilities.
Thank you,
jCasper (an Aberdeenian)
Jun 06, 2011, 03:22 PM
gw1812
Please make Hometown Renovations available online!
We enjoy the show and look forward to the next episodes. Not everyone who would like to view the show is available during the time slot. Thanks!
Jun 06, 2011, 04:15 PM
zubee
Please make the Hometown Renovation episodes available online. The Show is great!!!
Jun 07, 2011, 09:09 AM
flowerlady464
One of the best shows HGTV has done in ages.Stumbled on it one Friday afternoon. Missed the first episode so would love to see it added to HGTV's online videos. I'm sure many of your viewers would love this show...if they knew it was on...why no promos?

Never enough thyme.
Jul 02, 2012, 04:29 PM
I4MSU
It's back on!! Reruns but it's back on! Check your HGTV listings for Friday!! It started this past Friday at noon (CST)!! Thanks HGTV!
Jul 02, 2012, 04:55 PM
metwo
Amazing that there are soooooo many 1 (and only 1) posts lately.

Can someone please tell me who Billy B is? An entertainer of some sort?
Jul 02, 2012, 05:22 PM
Charming
quote:
Originally posted by metwo:
Amazing that there are soooooo many 1 (and only 1) posts lately.

Can someone please tell me who Billy B is? An entertainer of some sort?

I saw some of the episodes last year and I think he is a hair dresser!
Jul 02, 2012, 08:15 PM
bballdays
IIRC, he's a makeup artist.
Jul 05, 2012, 10:56 PM
jcasper
Billy B is a make up artist who grew up in a small town in MS and has become very successful.
Hometown Renovation is akin to a reality show of his attempts to revive his hometown.
Jul 06, 2012, 07:06 PM
santa_fe
Billy's been at this for several years. I attach a nearly 6 year-old article. Or at least, I think I am. (Is anyone else having problems using the toolbar above the message window?)

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/14/garden/14billy.html
Jul 07, 2012, 10:28 AM
nonilove
I watched the whole series the first time around! I am so happy it is being run again. Wish HGTV would film another set of episodes. Billy's love for Aberdeen and the hard work he and his "crew" put into the renovations are not just beautiful, they are saving the town.
Jul 07, 2012, 01:54 PM
santa_fe
What I like about him is his love for his community and the fact that as far as design is concerned, he's out of his element. In the one show I watched, the designer was quick to clash with him on his choices, and he accepted her opinion. The other thing I liked is that he didn't get all over-dramatic when his staff failed him and took care of business himself without griping. He may have chewed them out later but the point is, he worked overnight compensating for them and any griping he might have done was not shown.

He seems to be just an average guy with a few extra bucks who wants to make a difference in his community. He's not doing this for a viewing audience.
Jul 10, 2012, 09:57 PM
dustypork
Finally HGTV has a good show and they never re-air it or have advertised it. Like most of you I stumbled upon it as well. Done with all this real estate programming, I like the uplifting town revamp series. Play more often HGTV.
Jul 13, 2012, 06:09 PM
bkacker
Agree with others that this is a fabulous show. Interesting and informative. It seems HGTV airs the shows that no one wants to watch and the ones we do want to see are just re-runs. I would love to see a new season of Hometown Renovation.
Jul 16, 2012, 07:57 PM
vintageaddict
This show is great! Every small town needs a Billy B! Can't wait to see more.
Jul 20, 2012, 07:34 PM
santa_fe
Got a chuckle when the real estate agent referred to the tile (which she'd never heard of) as "transvestite" tile.
Aug 08, 2012, 10:04 PM
santa_fe
I've watched a recorded Hometown Renovation, and I'm impressed with how much Billy seems to like the people he's working with: Dwight, John Dudley, Rufus.

He's a pretty humorous guy, too.

Nice to see the community turnout for the dedication of the church.
Apr 15, 2013, 10:49 AM
SallySue07
quote:
Originally posted by Tomatoqueen:
I just stumbled upon this one. It's really an interesting concept!

Anyone else watch this?

I just stumbled upon it the other day too only to find that I have no clue when it's airing next! I checked as far as a week into May then gave up looking. I love this show and being from a smaller town in the South, it reminded me of the beautiful homes falling into disrepair in my hometown that need attention. It's an incredible concept (especially with all the poorly made new homes that are popping up everywhere) that might give people a spark to find a neglected home and give it new life. This is good for the community and I think everyone would benefit from this show airing more. At least on a regular basis. So HGTV please show more Hometown Renovation!!!