Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Todd Davis Sign In/Join 
posted
I was just watching one of the ultimate crasher shows and Todd Davis "crashed" the crash. This man is dangerous! He hit a mirror with a sledge hammer and pieces of glass went flying everywhere. He then climbed on upper kitchen Cabnets, hit them with the sledge hammer then threw the sledge hammer nearly hitting one of the home owners! If he wants to act irresponsibly and possiblely hurt himself that us one thing, but to possiblely hurt someone else is stupid! Just my opinion.

Posts: 43 | Registered: Dec 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
that scene was probably staged to get a reaction out of naive viewers like us or hgtv would have never aired it LOL

Posts: 655 | Location: USA | Registered: Jul 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to say that I watched this tonight and even rewound and watched the parts with Todd in them. Yes, he is a wild and crazy guy, but he didn't do anything to put anyone in jeopardy. He used the sledgehammer on the mirror, but all had protective eyewear on. The homeowner did the same thing with the other half of the mirror. No problems. Then in the kitchen, the others were well back from him and the sledgehammer didn't come anywhere close to hitting the homeowner, much less "taking the life" of her. The network would never allow anyone to do something where a homeowner would truly get hurt like that - they don't want the lawsuits! He is a great designer (as are all the rest of these people). He gets a little crazy, but not dangerous.

Posts: 1 | Location: USA | Registered: Jul 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked this show except for Todd Davis. Dangerous or not I just thought he came off as a real jerk.

Posts: 1738 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any fans of the "wild and crazy" Todd Davis, a guy with a wonderful aesthetic and many talents, can catch the premiere of his third season on HGTV this morning. The time depends on your time zone. I wanted to let people know since HGTV rarely does any promotion of some of the shows. I look forward to the show because I know I'll love the result, and I won't fall asleep.

Posts: 110 | Registered: Jul 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am enjoying Todd Davis' Room Crashers this season. His manner is a bit more refined, and he is doing some of the most original design on HGTV. He is very creative and is a contractor as well as designer. In a recent episode, he totally reconfigured a gothic type loft to be more cheerful and rustic-modern. What I like is that he demonstrates projects and almost anyone can make like pendants made from wood veneer and new steps made from butcher block. Lots of ideas and inspiration here.

posted Hide Post
I am enjoying the new episodes on Room Crashers. Todd Davis has toned down his manner, but is still informative and funny. Not only does he come up with clever space planning, good design and DIY projects that he explains, he is very creative and artistic. I loved the homemade Moroccan sconces in a basement redo and the tree of Life art on the bottom of a foosball game and hemp version on the door to the bedroom. The show is hard to find. Today it was on early Wednesday.