Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Unscripted Design
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unscripted Design Sign In/Join 
posted
I thought this new show was somewhat entertaining with a husband and wife duo that moonlight as designers. They are organic "untrained" in design, but seem to have good instincts. My only criticism is that googles must be worn when doing a tile countertop demo. Being safe is important when doing construction.

Posts: 119 | Registered: Jul 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
When is it on?

Posts: 7979 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gail_D
posted Hide Post
Saturdays - 4:00pm, and 4:30pm (eastern time zone)

It's called "Renovation Unscripted"

But that's just my 2 cents!

~Gail~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To quote a very wise person....
"There is a cover for every pot & a homebuyer for every home!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 4404 | Location: Someplace between FL & NY | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gail! I'll set my recorder.

posted Hide Post
I too really enjoy this show. Caught it last Saturday when I was searching for something to watch. Definitely a keeper.

Posts: 7 | Location: Danielsville, PA | Registered: Jun 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for the heads up. I am going to watch this new show today.

Posts: 1488 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 'designers' are actress Heather Tom (of the soap opera the Young and the Restless*), and her husband.

----------

She played/plays Victor Newman's daughter Victoria. Don't know whether she's still on the show or not.

Posts: 2513 | Registered: Jun 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
I caught both episodes of the show today and liked it. They are an interesting couple and the updates were attractive.

posted Hide Post
Heather now plays on The Bold and the Beautiful. I watched the show for the first time and I like what I see! I will watch again.

Posts: 67 | Location: Indiana | Registered: Nov 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I watched for the first time tonight and I like it very much. Their renovations are the type that every-day people want and need in their homes. They also seem to have realistic budgets and the workmen do a very good job. Heather and her husband are a very likeable couple.

I liked the book shelves, window seat and mantle in the first show. I thought the piano stool was a great idea as well as the matching stools at the table.

I liked the headboard and side tables in the bedroom on the second show. The sliding closet doors also helped save room. I hope this show stays around for a while.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mriley,

Posts: 1488 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
I can't find the show on Saturday afternoon's anymore. Anyone know where it is?

Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I didn't find it either. When I searched it, the show was only aired on two dates. Maybe Heather and James had to take a hiatus when they had their baby.

Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Hope that is it. My first thought was "here we go again" shows disappear, no schedule.....Roll Eyes

Can you imagine if all networks were run like this?