Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Paint color on Rehab Addict
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paint color on Rehab Addict Sign In/Join 
posted
Last night on RA, Nicole used a gorgeous paint color on a bathroom she was doing. Does anyone have a guess about the name of the color? Nicole described it as not green, blue, gray... but it looked like a great combination of all those colors.

Posts: 147 | Registered: Jul 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cindy8w:
Last night on RA, Nicole used a gorgeous paint color on a bathroom she was doing. Does anyone have a guess about the name of the color? Nicole described it as not green, blue, gray... but it looked like a great combination of all those colors.

Nicole is known to mix her own colors, she simply mixed colors until she gets the hue that she likes.

Posts: 4900 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't understand why Nicole is rehabbing houses in Detroit. What's the point?!
She makes those houses beautiful again and it's clear that the rest of the block still looks like crap. Who wants to buy a house on a block like that? I wonder if after the film crew leaves the thieves swoop in and steal everything that isn't nailed down. Those house must already to sold with the new buyers moving in right away.

Who in the **** wants to to live in GODAWFUL Detroit?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rene123.0,

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jan 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rker321, I bet you are right about her mixing the color. I didn't think of that.

Rene, I think Nicole is originally from Detroit and may have a soft-spot for the city. As a lifelong Michigander (2 hours north of Detroit), I hope more people take an interest in Detroit. Rebuilding starts one step at a time. It would be a great opportunity for investors to get in and see growth.

Posts: 147 | Registered: Jul 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I flove those old houses with all that woodwork. I wish I could pick up her finished ones and move it to Denver

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rene123.0,

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jan 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robeau
posted Hide Post
I think she mentioned that she doesn't even own the Detroit house. It was abandoned and she just started rehabbing it. Since she really only does cleaning and maybe painting and hires out the heavy work she must sell them to go on to the next project.

here we are now, entertain us

Posts: 662 | Location: sierra foothills CA | Registered: Jan 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
It's a lot better than watching one more episode of Love it or List it or Property Brothers.

Posts: 4900 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rehab Addict and Renovation Realities are the WORST HGTV shows in my opinion. I love the Brian Boitano segments. No complaints on any other programs.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katmandou
posted Hide Post
rker321 is right about her mixing her own colors. I love that she does that, but I'd be so afraid if I did that, I'd never be able to get it the same again if I needed to touch up! lol. Love Rehab Addict to pieces.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of santa_fe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Misa2014:
Rehab Addict and Renovation Realities are the WORST HGTV shows in my opinion. I love the Brian Boitano segments. No complaints on any other programs.

Renovation Realities is funnier than almost every single comedy on network TV. There's much to be learned on Rehab Addict, and that's what makes the show interesting.

Posts: 775 | Location: Plano, Texas | Registered: Oct 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
I love this show, she is my kind of renovation person. MY husband sees this show and he can't stand it. Being a woodworker and refinishing person as a hobby. He says that she is very sloppy in what she refinishes. Frankly, I don't care I like what she does. and especially how much she reuses anything. She doesn't go out there and go to the high stores buying all kinds of new things, she buys in second hand stores and any stores that would have great prices for old wood, doors or used cabinets etc. and that to me shows that there are many ways in which many can do renovations that will not cost an arm and a leg.