Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Flea Market Flips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flea Market Flips Sign In/Join 
Picture of QueenMomma
posted
You know those kids who audition for American Idol and get all teary-eyed about how they have always dreamed about getting on the show? Well I used to think they might be a little dramatic until I saw Flea Market Flips! And now I am beginning to dream of my husband and I going on Flea Market Flips! What do I do to get on that show?

QueenMomma

Posts: 9 | Location: United States | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi
All I can suggest is to get in touch with HGTV asap. I am one of the four "fix it" people from the show & I can tell you that we are planning on filming in July in Stamford, CT
Good luck!
David

Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of QueenMomma
posted Hide Post
Can I be honest....You, the "fix it" people, are the most dreamy part of the show! I mean, from what I can tell from watching the show - the "fix it" people do the REALLY hard stuff like the measuring and math...Never mind the 5k...for me not having to do math while I'm redoing a piece is priceless!
I live in MD but have family in CT so I know I can be there within 9hrs of getting the word! I have tried to find where I can "officially" apply on the HGTV website but didn't find anything...And "fix it" person backdoors that you know of on how to get on the show?

QueenMomma

Posts: 9 | Location: United States | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of QueenMomma
posted Hide Post
I just read about Flea Market Flips heading to the West Coast?!?! Oh please...before you head west my husband and I should really be considered for your East Coast Finale! We are a really fabulous couple. We are creative, determined, competitive, and have strong and proven yard selling skills which would really shine at the Brooklyn Flea Market!

QueenMomma

posted Hide Post
Hey Queen......
We already went to the west coast! We were in Hollywood/LA in December & worked the Rose Bowl and Long Beach markets, rented a great shop to work on everything & had a great time!
The shows that are airing right now (filmed in CT) will run right into the Cali shows (season 3). We will be starting back in our home town in CT pretty soon.
Check your messages.
David

posted Hide Post
Hey Queen
I received your message. Great news about speaking with her & best of luck! Don't "spaz out" now, hold it together & show her what you're made of!!!! Take control!
Keep me posted, ok to talk here just don't give out emails!!
Good luck!!
David

Picture of QueenMomma
posted Hide Post
I just hit "SEND" and replied to Sammi/Gina with our questionnaires and pictures!!!! I tried to attach the photos of our projects here but don't think I did! Wish me luck!

QueenMomma

Picture of QueenMomma
posted Hide Post
And now I have just posted on FB the pictures I sent to FMFs- I also posted about your new interactive forum! Feel free to visit my facebook page to take a look!

QueenMomma

Picture of QueenMomma
posted Hide Post
Alright I sent Sammi our forms and pictures last night...Do I need to make plans to keep myself distracted and away form computer for tomorrow? Because I can't spend another day checking my email every 15 mins! (Alright...every 5 mins!!!!)

QueenMomma

Picture of QueenMomma
posted Hide Post
Ahhhh! We are waiting to hear from Jodi Weiss to set up an interview via Skype!

QueenMomma

Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
QueenMomma, I have been following your route to selection on FMF. I really like that show and I wish you good luck. Marylee

Posts: 1469 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of QueenMomma
posted Hide Post
So....we didn't make it to Flea Market Flips!!! Lucky for me, my daughter and I have been watching American Idol and everytime someone gets voted off - I give them (via the TV) the "But Look How Far You Made It" speech so when I told my beautiful daughter that we didn't make it on the show she said "But look how far you made it!" And the "ying" to this "yang" is that I don't have to go on a diet tomorrow!

QueenMomma

Picture of QueenMomma
posted Hide Post
So....we didn't make it to Flea Market Flips!!! Lucky for me, my daughter and I have been watching American Idol and everytime someone gets voted off - I give them (via the TV) the "But Look How Far You Made It" speech so when I told my beautiful daughter that we didn't make it on the show she said "But look how far you made it!" And the "ying" to this "yang" is that I don't have to go on a diet tomorrow!

QueenMomma