HGTV Message Boards
Where's all the decorating shows?

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4104031632/m/8593964467

Nov 02, 2012, 01:11 AM
WyoCathy
Where's all the decorating shows?
Don't know what's going on at HGTV but there are no decorating shows left. It's all about buying and selling. Whers's David, Candice, Emily,Antonio,Genieve,Sabrina. Does anyone else out there miss these shows? Come on HGTV show us some beautiful rooms again.
Nov 02, 2012, 07:44 PM
bonactor
Amen,sister--
Nov 20, 2012, 11:08 AM
Byrdyfav
I agree! The only 2 that I like are Sarah 101 and High/Low project. At least they show you ideas that you can use and DIY projects.
Nov 22, 2012, 09:29 AM
miss_vicki
I am jonesing for some NEW decorating shows; my DVR is lonely.
Where are the "G" shows?? There used to be a show called 'A Gardener's Diary' that I loved; it was really about gardeners.

HGTV, please, please, please bring back some new shows. I think I will really like Danielle [Shop This Room] and already like Meg [Great Rooms]. HURRY BACK!
Dec 06, 2012, 03:33 PM
Cantadora
I am missing the decorating shows too! All the the names that you mentioned. Where is everyone. New shows of my favorite people would be great! I loved Decorating Cents too and miss Joan and what they could do with a small budget. Re-purposing things are some of my favorite things to do!!! Pinterest might inspire you HGTV for some new shows! Check out the blog Maya Made for some really great ideas!!! I love her creativity!!!
Jan 15, 2013, 08:34 AM
hidyhoneighbor
I too miss the old shows! Decorating Cents and Design on a Dime. The economy goes to pot so no one has money for all these fancy shmancy ideas! If we get ONE show that's decent then it's on at 5 a.m. til 10 a.m. and that's once a week or so. Why can't we schedule our viewing time for those shows that we love. Bring back Joan! That show gets it!
Jan 27, 2013, 03:15 PM
Janab62
I so totally agree! Especially budget wise ideas!! Lets have some REAL life living! Landscaping, home decorating, come on
Feb 06, 2013, 09:03 AM
#1cook
I love Color Confidential with Jane Lockhart and Sarahs House. We do need more decorating shows. Please....#1 cook
Jan 14, 2014, 03:47 PM
Deco-Nerd
I was just discussing this with a friend. Since there aren't any decorating shows, I forget to even check the programming. Only so many people are interested in buying/selling. I just want to make what I have the coolest, most comfortable place. Can't there be a little something for everyone? PLEASE!
Jan 14, 2014, 11:20 PM
Janab62
I agree with you totally! I want to do some interesting thing to the home I love and not selling. Why can't HGTV get the message? Not all of us want to just sell,sell,sell
Jan 15, 2014, 11:42 AM
Julie40cat
I just want to add my voice, I hope someone at hgtv is listening. Stop all the expensive giveaways and produce some design shows. Also, what happened to the resource listings for the design shows that use to be on the shop page. Now, there is nothing but Hgtv products. You are my favorite network, please bring back the old shows like Awesome Interiors if you are unable to produce new ones.
Jan 15, 2014, 12:18 PM
beach girl 2014
I agree--where are all the decorating shows?? I don't mind the ones that are on, but not all day over and over. One hour of love it or list it is enough!!!
We used to love the saturday night lineup of different shows. please please bring back some new design shows. David Bromstead is a winner everytime--is he no longer doing anything?
Jan 15, 2014, 12:26 PM
Janab62
I totally agree with what you said except HGTV used to be my fav channel!
Jan 16, 2014, 11:12 AM
CorgiLover64
Totally agree with these comments/posts. My mom and I used to watch HGTV practically 24/7...I even recorded shows that were on while I was at work. NOT ANY MORE! Nothing on but House Hunters ;o( What happened to "home and garden" shows?! They either need to change their programming or change their name to The Real Estate Channel!
Jan 16, 2014, 11:28 AM
Janab62
YES!! I totally agree with you!!