Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Cousins on Call
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cousins on Call Sign In/Join 
Picture of mriley
posted
I have seen the Cousins new show advertised and I will be interested in watching for it. Cousins on Call will start on Jan. 2 at 8PM ET.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to it too. It will be fun to see them tackle rooms other than kitchens.

Posts: 716 | Registered: Apr 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love their kitchens and the first design they did on Ellen. Wish them the very best!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I watched this show. I liked it. There was a lot of extra footage apart from the renovation of the destroyed home. The home they worked on was damaged by the flooding, but they showed other scenes of the destruction by Hurricane Sandy. It was devastating.

The homeowners seemed thrilled by the work that was done. The Cousins seem to really think about the homeowners and try to do just a little extra for them. I look forward to seeing their shows this season.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As someone who has a lot of family in Point Pleasant Beach, I was especially interested in watching the Jan. 2 episode. It was heartwarming, entertaining and uplifting. The guys seem very genuine, very affable, and hard working.Two thumbs up! More programming like this, please.

Posts: 1734 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the show as well. However, I do hope they don't turn this new series into another Extreme Makeover Home Edition. When they did the final reveal, I almost expected the crowd to start yelling, "Move that bus!" Smile

posted Hide Post
From the promos, it does seem as if the re-dos are indeed over the top for the houses and neighborhoods....just lke most HGTV shows.

I love a great 'after' just like anyone else -- but to go over the top for the house and area is crazy.

Why can't these shows just do updates and remodels most people can afford. Putting a 75-100-thousand dollar kitchen or basement/attic room, in 300-350 thousand dollar house (which is what this work would REALLY cost) makes NO sense for the house or the neighborhood.

But whatever...it's TV.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: clbselah,

Posts: 2513 | Registered: Jun 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the cousins' makeover of a home owned by a hard working Korean family. They were able to make the home much more beautiful and functional. Their redo of the backyard should eliminate the flooding problem and give them an oasis they can enjoy for many years to come. The cousins have a good eye for design and they know how to get the job done.

Posts: 110 | Registered: Jul 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the show. I think they hava great ideas. I like the way they always seem to go the extra mile for their clients. I'm glad they gave them a show where they can show case everything else they can do other than just kitchens.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The episode in Mexico was so disappointing. It had none of the charm and authenticity of the cousins. They go to Mexico, talk about custom elements - chandelier, basket swing, table - and in 5 days they got these ordered, fabricated, shipped and installed. For a rich client to surprise his wife in time for when she returns from her botox treatments. Please don't ruin the cousins by turning them into some tacky Kardashian-esque fiasco.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I was disappointed with this Mexico show. It was probably an adventure for the Cousins, but I enjoy the "down to earth" shows much more.

I did like the way they still went the extra mile to create something special for the homeowners.

I wish they showed a single one-hour show instead of two half-hour shows.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mriley,

posted Hide Post
The cousins probably enjoyed the chance and challenge of renovating in a foreign country in the short time frame. The result was beautiful and warm. I loved the up lighting on the palapa ceiling and the mirror wall. Plus, the guys got to play with heavy equipment. The couple, albeit rich, seemed delighted and appreciative. The cousins are real, not staged. They bring enthusiasm and joy to their work.

Picture of Ohsquared
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please don't ruin the cousins by turning them into some tacky Kardashian-esque fiasco.

Is it safe to say that you won't be watching tonight's episdoe with Khloe & Lamar?

Posts: 81 | Location: Gig Harbor, WA | Registered: Nov 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved it when they helped the couple whose house was devastated by Hurricane Sandy and the older Korean couple who work all the time. But rich reality stars who have had much more than their 15 minutes, especially when they are ridiculous publicity wh***s, um.....no thanks, I'll pass.

Posts: 36 | Registered: Jun 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always enjoyed watching as the guys (Cousins on Call) took the time to help people in need like the victims of Sandy. But to have them fly out to LA to help Khloe Kardashian Odom and Lamar Odom...give me a break! There are so many more in need of their excellent skills and talents.

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Jan 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I really like the Cousins and enjoy their shows, but I like to see them work on homes for people who need help...not the rich and famous. That said, I still think they did a good job on the Odom home.

posted Hide Post
To me when they do, Khloe and Lamar's theater, Vanessa Williams' brother's kitchen, and the guy's house in Mexico shows how good John and Anthony are that these people with money call them, where they can call anyone else.

John and Anthony will always do houses for people who need it that will NEVER change.

Posts: 106 | Registered: Jul 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
Keena, You are right. I had not thought of it in that light. I enjoy the Cousins and their show. I hope they stay around for a long time.

posted Hide Post
I watched the show with them in Vallarta, it caught my eye in the guide because I have a keen interest in Mexico properties.
I don't think they actually did what the show did they did, don't care btw, it is just a show to see inside people's homes and different ideas.
I think Fernando the builder/developer of Garza Blanca wanted some publicity for his development. I hated the too high up condo, great for some, but I don't like height either. The palapa was poor quality, the sticks were too small, I've seen many prettier.
They did soften all that hard stone.
The balcony was too small, why build it that way, hard to enjoy and have company over on something that small. Oh this is not the fault of the cousins, they just walked into it.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Southern CA (Southbay) | Registered: Nov 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't watched them alot. But I watched them do a kitchen that subway tiles on the walls and a beautiful ORIGINAL built in cabinet. They never attempted to incorporate a beautiful Original peace of history into their kitchen design. They tore it out and brought her back a two door bar. HUN? They tore entire wall of built-ins out. Top it off they never showed an attempt to clean the original subway tile they immediately painted it. Probably won't be watching much of them anytime soon. Too much waste in today's society quick to tear out the old and not thought to repurpose reuse.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jan 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like these guys mainly because they are cute but they need to get off the celebrities and stick with the Jersey boys thing. It's part of their appeal.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jan 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched the show where they added a deck and backyard space for a couple, as a surprise for the wife. The guys were so upbeat, and positive, hardworking, and talented. I know I have praised this show before ( I am looking out for my Jersey boys), but it is really refreshing to see good design and positive attitudes as a balm against the more LIOLI types of programs.

Posts: 1734 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy this show. The guys had a couple of setbacks, but they fixed them without making a big deal. If they had come up on a major problem, I am confident that they could have overcome it before it became a disaster.

I wish the show was being aired for an hour instead of half an hour.

posted Hide Post
I loved last night's show also and agree that they are always so upbeat and positive. They are such nice guys and do fantastic work. I loved the deck and and backyard space they made for the Jersey couple. I especially loved the 2 sets of french doors onto the deck. Those were beautiful! Wasn't crazy about the bean bag hammock thing though. It didn't look comfortable or easy to get in and out of.

Posts: 36 | Registered: Jun 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've watched Cousins on Call since it aired in January. Here it is just a month later and already both episodes tonight (Feb 6) were reruns. What's up with that?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May be my least favorite show. There guys are cute, but are they designers? Really?

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think this show is very uninteresting because they can never replace the property brothers and they are not even in the same class of the property brothers. I only leave my televison on this channel because I know that the property brothers are showing next. If nothing else, I wasting electricity.

Angela Manning

Posts: 5 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Apr 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cousins deserve a huge thank you for redoing the home of a family from Buffalo. This family had spent all their money on cancer treatments for their son so the home was unsafe and neglected. They did a beautiful job and also made an outdoor retreat for the local cancer treatment center. Kudos to them for taking on a massive project and giving back to a lovely family.

posted Hide Post
Does anyone else like the their old series better -- Kitchen Cousins?? This new season of Cousins on Call hasn't thrilled me as much as their previous show, Kitchen Cousins. The banter between the boys isn't there, there's less personality, and the show has joined the bandwagon of shows like Extreme Makeover. A little disappointing to me. While it's nice to see more than just kitchen makeovers, I miss the style of their old show.

posted Hide Post
1wiley1, it's very nice to see you! Wave

Posts: 6052 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Charcoalsmom. I'm not on the boards much anymore. Not much on HGTV that I watch these days. Sure miss the KB days. Hope all is well with you. Sarah Richardson is taping a new show so hopefully we will have that soon to watch. Take care!!