Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Please cancel Love it or List it!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please cancel Love it or List it! Sign In/Join 
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
ya all gotta know all this is scripted??????

ya think?????

LMAO

Posts: 655 | Location: USA | Registered: Jul 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DeadMarilyn
posted Hide Post
I don't watch this show.I tried a couple of times but the hosts are to annoying for me to tolerate.

Posts: 198 | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CC-IMO:
in defense of this show I luv the end results
its so perfect what Hillary does
but for what the homeowners want for the budget is usually laughable to work with, for the amount she has to work with on some homes that would actually just do my kitchen, and I always figured if they could afford to buy another house WHY not raise the budget for what they want in the current house?????
I wish they would show homeowners that they want is to just to get realistic?????

My thoughts exactly? Why give her a measley budget and yet spend 5x that much on buying a new house.....

Posts: 90 | Registered: Jan 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
New

I wish HGTV would show less of this show. They even put it where the High Low Project was scheduled on Sat. night. WAY TOO MUCH Love it or List It. Bring on more High Low, Design on a Dime.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This show is HORRIBLE. Fake, contrived conflict. They may as well rename it The Real Housewives of HGTV.

Why can't they do a straight up comparison between a renovated home, or a new purchase? Why add all the insults and negativity? I just don't get it.

When this show comes on, I change the channel, or turn my TV off.

Posts: 2 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
Luv this show, hope Hilary and David have a long run,

David can sell my house anytime AND Hilary can come in and decorate this old mess anytime, she is a faboulous designer,I can just dream of what she can do to this gals home ,SIGH,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CC-IMO,

Posts: 655 | Location: USA | Registered: Jul 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love this show. I don't know why but I am hooked on it. Only problem is they rerun the same 10-20 episodes over and over. I just discovered the show last year but it has been around for years. Show us some new reruns!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will never convince me that sane homeowners would pour $40,000 which includes cosmetic changes in their houses when they are not sure they will stay or sell. For that reason alone, I cannot make myself watch this show.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and it's on all the time. Agree, please cancel!

Posts: 1 | Location: Illinois | Registered: Oct 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just signed up so I could express how much I hate this show. PLEASE get rid of it. I thought House Hunters was repetitive, but this one is horrible. I can't watch it anymore. Please, HGTV, let it be real or get rid of it. Leave scripted tv to the major networks!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been called an HGTV addict because I watch it non stop (or should I say I used to). Now I find myself turning the channel every time I see Love it or List come on. And, it's on all the time. It is without a doubt the worst show HGTV has ever created. Every show is exactly the same, and the designer is the most annoying person I have ever seen on TV. What happened to all the design shows like design on a dime, designed to sell, get it sold, etc. I'd rather watch those reruns 100 times than to watch any episode of Love it or List it. Surely the feedback HGTV is hearing about this awful show will provoke some thought by the powers that decide what shows need to go. HGTV, you are losing your audience.

Posts: 3 | Location: United States | Registered: Oct 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
Sadly the past is the past and we can't bring back what we liked and loved so much

I have no problem with the show, I basiclly look for the end results, and the drama
OH WELL, LMAO
its scripted and what else is new on any tv program???

Iuv the end results and the redos,my poor home is in such need of renovation that it makes me happy that there is someone out there that can actually fulfill that dream

IMO I believe the problem is the same ole same ole and nothing seems to change in the actions of the homeowners or the problems that arise constantly

But lil ole me just wants to see the end results and move on to the next series of endless repeats LOL

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SoCalAngie:
The more I watch this program, the more puzzled I am by it. We went through a major remodel in 1983 to expand our house by about 1000 square feet. We knew exactly what we wanted and had put aside money for what we wanted done. We didn't tell a designer what we wanted, then hand over the money and hope for the best. There seems to be almost no consultation between Hillary and the homeowners. No wonder there's so much drama. And unrealistic homeowner expectations just add to it.

I've also noticed that basement renovations often don't go as planned. There are almost always major problems that force Hillary to cut projects elsewhere. Most of the homeowners want their basements finished, and when Hillary hears that, she should go running away as fast as she can!

I also wonder how often the "list it" couples actually buy the house David finds for them. I remember one couple wanted to "list it" and buy a house that was listed at around $150,000 above their budget. I wonder if they ever change their minds and decide to stay after all.

At the end of the program, the viewer gets to see how much the remodel has increased the value of the house, but it apparently never occurs to anyone to take into consideration the difference between the increased value and the cost of the renovation. If they don't stay in the house, is remodeling that wise? How much equite do they have? Having lived in the same house for 38 1/2 years, I have no personal experience with this. :-)

Yeah, I always do the calculation, minus the upgrades. Sometimes they make out and sometimes they break even.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Debbyinohio:
quote:
Originally posted by CC-IMO:
in defense of this show I luv the end results
its so perfect what Hillary does
but for what the homeowners want for the budget is usually laughable to work with, for the amount she has to work with on some homes that would actually just do my kitchen, and I always figured if they could afford to buy another house WHY not raise the budget for what they want in the current house?????
I wish they would show homeowners that they want is to just to get realistic?????

My thoughts exactly? Why give her a measley budget and yet spend 5x that much on buying a new house.....

I just posted this on another thread. They have a $20,000 budget, but want nearly $100,000 in work. If they did research, they would know. I think they sometimes know the problems, but pretend they are "shocked"

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cannot stand this show at all. I have watched at least every episode and there is ALWAYS a problem from Hilary. She also went to a homeowner to have them pay for stairs that the contractor did not know how to build. It took the contractor 3 tries and if I was the homeowner, Hilary would have paid the other times it took him to get them right. In addition, if he is any reasonable contractor, he would have spoke with the inspector for rough in items if he had a question.

On to David, he always wonders why people are mad at him. Well lets see, if you show a house that is $100k above the budget ----WELL DUH. I hate these people and hate what they do to the construction/remodeling industry. They need to kill this show ASAP.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You bring up something that bugs me on HH. A buyer will make it clear that they want a certain number of bedrooms and bathrooms. Say, they want at least 2 bathrooms... then the realtor shows them a home with one bathroom. That would cause me to go looking for a new realtor..... I realize they've already bought a place, when they're on the show, but they should try to make the fake houses something they'd want.

Posts: 181 | Registered: Jan 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't like the 'host' on this show. Especially David is too overbearing and appears too anxious to sell them a new house. It bothers me to the point that I don't watch the show.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Aug 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed...HATE this show...HATE the hosts...and WHY is it ALWAYS on HGTV. I always change the channel when I hear that snarky British accent.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEASE CANCEL THIS SHOW! I am an avid HGTV watcher... I mean that is basically ALL I watch and there is nothing I hate more on TV than this show. She is SO extremely obnoxious and it is beyond staged and he thinks he is just hot stuff... She can NEVER get the repairs done on the house. What is the point of the show? It is such a bummer that this show is still on. And the way they bicker with each other is worse than a bunch of kindergarteners on a sugar high!

Sincerely,

Extremely Disappointed

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
WOW

I have no problem with the show,guess its because I just want to see the ending results which in many of the shows is really good SmileSmileSmileSmile
BUT
the number of people who sign up on these boards just to complain about it is something else FrownFrownFrown
IMO I have never seen so many negative reactions over a scripted, rehearshed show LOL

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I enjoy the show and the banter between Hilary and David is intertaining and of course parts are scripted, this is TV. I think you are missing the point of the show.

They are showing what can be done with small budgets with major jobs. People often think they can do so much more with the funds they have and they need to be realistic that in older homes, major problems which cost more money prevent immediate improvements on another area.This would have occured if they did it themselves per code or like they often found other reovators did it incorrectly previuosly which now need to be corrected. This way they have experts both in design and realestate so those desasters do not get missed. Also looking at the other homes lets us know how much homes actually cost when renovations are already done.

Also at the the end,when thye say we have one more lisitng, your own, I have never seen a property that even if you subtracted the remoldel cost did not increase in value per the renovation. One must spend money to make money.

If this one bothers you, maybe you should try property virgins as they are just looking for a new home and it is fun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nursejudy,

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5567 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
nurse judy

I do agree with your post, I am aware of the concept of the show,its just that I do not see nuch of the how or what they do to redo
henceforth I wait for the ending results and how beautiful everything looks and its not mine (sigh) LOL

posted Hide Post
quote:
I have never seen a property that even if you subtracted the remoldel cost did not increase in value per the renovation. One must spend money to make money.

Yes but in most cases -- almost ALL cases -- there is negative return on investment. This increase in value is NOT more than was spent. That's what doesn't make sense, especially if you're going to move or sell right away.

From Remodeling Magazine:
2011-12 National Averages
Midrange Projects

Project Job Cost Resale Value Cost Recouped
Attic Bedroom $50,148 $36,346 72.5
Backup Power Generator $14,760 $7,009 47.5%
Basement Remodel $63,378 $42,338 66.8%
Bathroom Addition $40,096 $20,455 51.0%
Bathroom Remodel $16,552 $10,293 62.2%
Deck Addition (composite) $15,579 $9,780 62.8%
Deck Addition (wood) $10,350 $7,259 70.1%
Entry Door Replacement (fiberglass) $3,536 $1,990 56.3%
Entry Door Replacement (steel) $1,238 $903 73.0%
Family Room Addition $83,118 $50,004 60.2%
Garage Addition $57,824 $33,089 57.2%
Garage Door Replacement $1,512 $1,087 71.9%
Home Office Remodel $27,963 $11,983 42.9%
Major Kitchen Remodel $57,494 $37,785 65.7%
Master Suite Addition $106,196 $62,874 59.2%
Minor Kitchen Remodel $19,588 $14,120 72.1%
Roofing Replacement $21,204 $12,257 57.8%
Siding Replacement (vinyl) $11,729 $8,155 69.5%
Sunroom Addition $74,310 $34,133 45.9%
Two-Story Addition $165,796 $103,391 62.4%
Window Replacement (vinyl) $11,319 $7,692 68.0%
Window Replacement (wood) $12,229 $8,258 67.5%

Upscale Projects Project
Job Cost Resale Value Cost Recouped

Bathroom Addition $76,209 $40,061 52.6%
Bathroom Remodel $52,249 $28,972 55.5%
Deck Addition (composite) $37,829 $20,637 54.6%
Garage Addition $86,347 $44,987 52.1%
Garage Door Replacement $2,994 $2,129 71.1%
Grand Entrance (fiberglass) $7,488 $4,554 60.8%
Major Kitchen Remodel $110,938 $63,731 57.4%
Master Suite Addition $227,178 $114,822 50.5%
Roofing Replacement $37,481 $20,435 54.5%
Siding Replacement (fiber-cemen $13,461 $10,493 78.0%
Siding Replacement (foam-backed vinyl) $14,274 $9,937 69.6%
Window Replacement (vinyl) $14,328 $9,898 69.1%
Window Replacement (wood) $18,999 $12,175 64.1%

This is why people shouldn't buy into what's on TV.
Putting 60-thousand dollars worth of reno work into your house, doesn't mean you'll get 60-thou more than your neighbor who doesn't have those things. Meaning you're NOT making money on that 60-thou. You should do work because YOU want it for YOU to enjoy -- NOT to sell. If you're ONLY paying for materials it may make sense. If you're paying the going labor rate...forgedda 'bout it. Put MINIMAL money into a house if you're doing it JUST to sell.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: clbselah,

Posts: 2513 | Registered: Jun 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
(quote}
This is why people shouldn't buy into what's on TV.
Putting 60-thousand dollars worth of reno work into your house, doesn't mean you'll get 60-thou more than your neighbor who doesn't have those things. Meaning you're NOT making money on that 60-thou. You should do work because YOU want it for YOU to enjoy -- NOT to sell. If you're ONLY paying for materials it may make sense. If you're paying the going labor rate...forgedda 'bout it. Put MINIMAL money into a house if you're doing it JUST to sell
(quote)

WOW CLB
how right on you are SmileSmileSmile

what a post
never would have found that one
good job and thanks for that info
SmileSmileSmile

posted Hide Post
LOL, watched this a couple of times over the Hurricane break. Please give me a break, NO designer flips off their clients, and no designer arbitrarily chooses what or what not to do on one's house, IF the client is actually paying the freight.

The really funny one was the episode when the contractor guy was not allowed to work on his own house and whatever they concocted during that episode.

As soon as I saw that nonsense, on that episode, I flipped the channel.

Now, I did come back at the end to see the new design, but otherwise, I could care less which house they chose.

Oh yes, any reference will tell you that you get around 70% out of the money you put into a renovation, and they consistently get more than 100%. That is just a big fat lie.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Joe jr,

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cringe if I accidentally come across this show when flipping channels. My favorite show is HHI - I have learned so much from it.

Posts: 1278 | Location: northwest NJ | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please, please cancel this show or at least don't have it show every day. Every episode is the same! Hillary can't finish the project....blah, blah, blah!

Posts: 5 | Registered: Nov 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deanna Wilson:
Please, please cancel this show or at least don't have it show every day. Every episode is the same! Hillary can't finish the project....blah, blah, blah!

And replace it with what? More House Hunters? HGTV doesn't have ANY original programming any more. Discovery Communications (Discovery, OWN, TLC) and Scripts Howard (HGTV, DIY, Food, Cooking) have decided that drama gets more viewers, so there isn't much in the way of how to on any of them anymore but plenty of Drama, staged or otherwise.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6870 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they should bring back some shows, like "Small Spaces" for example..... tiny houses are becoming all the rage.....

Also, what happened to Antonio..... I really enjoyed watching him....and David Bromstad where did he go?

posted Hide Post
I signed up for forums just to claim I hate this show myself. The guy is a rat and designer is a *****. Its so staged you get away from what they are really trying to get at. Its extremely staged to the point its annoying and you want to smack everyone. If anything id keep eddie the lead contractor and do a show called reno or realestate. Seems like a smart guy and knows what can be done before hilary can even design a bunch of crap and not be able to do it because something is obnoxious and costs too much to fix. The fact that digging up a basement floor and changing pvc pipe costs more than a whole new bathroom is bs to me. Its just a fail show i generally like all the shows on hgtv and even diy to get new ideas and apply them myself as a new first time homeowner. This show provides nothing for me!! Also tell the rat to look for realistic homes tey pick crap homes on purpose.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
I don't mind the new episodes,BUT the endless repeats are on my last nerve,IMO LIOLI seems to have taken the place of the endless repeats OF HH^HHI
can;t turn on HGTV WITHOUT lioli
My remote changes the channel by its self again LOL

posted Hide Post
Nothing is that great that we need to watch it over and over again e-e-e-very night. It's also extremely annoying to see Hillary handle her clients the way she does and make no effort to avoid over-promising on what she can deliver. Any designer that's been in the business should recognize red flags when they see them and also consult contractors before they tell people what they can do for a set budget. Meanwhile, these homeowner's are walking around with high hopes when their budgets never seem to match the scope of the work they are requesting. In the end, the clients are hard to stomach and watching Hillary deliver the "bad news" every episode gets old and annoying.

That being said, I don't think they have to cancel it, but why so much prime real estate? Every night it's on, along with the Property Brothers and/or Buying and Selling. What happened to Color Splash? How about a little Bang for your Buck or My First Place in the evenings? Candace Olson?? Those were the staples that got me hooked on HGTV.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ladyla,

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Hillary and David are the same person.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Sep 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so glad to hear that others do not like this show - I cannot stand it - the "designer" is so rude and cocky. Please get it off the air. I miss Selling New York and Selling London. They were much more interesting. I don't watch HGTV anymore with Love it or List it on so frequently.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am about done with HGTV. Every time I turn it on, all that is showing is Love it or List it. This is the worst show they have ever created and it is all they run, over and over and over. Where are all the design star shows? Meg, Danielle, Emily etc. Where are the redecorating shows? Who is choosing the schedule....Hilary's mother? Surely someone in the scheduling department has read these blogs and knows that almost every viewer hates the show. Wake up folks, you are losing viewers.

Posts: 3 | Location: United States | Registered: Oct 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rettaj:
I am about done with HGTV. Every time I turn it on, all that is showing is Love it or List it. This is the worst show they have ever created and it is all they run, over and over and over. Where are all the design star shows? Meg, Danielle, Emily etc. Where are the redecorating shows? Who is choosing the schedule....Hilary's mother? Surely someone in the scheduling department has read these blogs and knows that almost every viewer hates the show. Wake up folks, you are losing viewers.

LMAO if it was Hilary's mother maybe we'd see better programing?

Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
I read in todays paper that Hilary Clinton loves this show.

Posts: 12242 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of A Child Has No Voice
posted Hide Post
It's really hard to hate any show on HGTV. Having said that it isn't my favorite because the couple's are always so disappointed about one or more rooms at the end of the day. I find myself wanting everyone to be happy yet they rarely are.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of A Child Has No Voice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckheadgirl:
I think Hillary and David are the same person.
Now that is funny.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JeremiahTB:
All I can say is "HOLY COW"!!! I recently started watching HGTV again and am getting used to the new programs that have been added over the last decade or so. I must say that Love It or List It is, by far, the WORST show on the network.

I caught a few episodes of the House Hunter shows and thought that there would be no way that there could be anything worse on HGTV. But that was before I watched a few episodes of Love It or List It. The show is obviously 90% scripted, maybe even more. The dramatic exchanges are forced. The issues with real estate and renovations seem to be created by the producers. The designer is a total witch (where does she get that watered down English accent?). The realtor doesn't find houses that meet the clients needs and wants.

This show is an epic fail. Does HGTV think that the viewers believe it is true? I'm confident it is a work of fiction that acts as a home improvement/real estate show; a mockumentary, if you will. I hope it gets taken off of the air soon and replaced with something better. As long as they don't replace it with more House Hunters or Property Virgins.

or Million Dollar rooms/homes/piles-of-obscene overspending just for the sake of over spending.

Posts: 9 | Registered: Oct 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate Million Dollar Rooms too.....I thought I could watch anything with the hunky Carter Oosterhouse, but that show is too gross....

posted Hide Post
I think this show is going to hurt Hillary's reputation. Potential clients may think she won't communicate with them, will over-promise and not come within budget.

Same goes for the realtor.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love this thread! LIOLI is a show people love to hate. It is astonishing to me how many posts there are from people who claim they do not watch the show! So why do they care whether it is good or bad?

That being said, I am curious to hear from viewers who want LIOLI off the air what it is they would rather see on HGTV. Are we talking about firing Hillary and David and putting better hosts in their place, or making other "cosmetic" changes to the program? Or do we advocate simply substituting more reruns of other shows? (HGTV has to air SOMETHING, after all...) Surely as an online community we can come up with some good ideas about programming that would improve on Love It or List It. Maybe HGTV would take note!

I, like many other posters, only watch recorded episodes, viewing the "wish list" for remodeling, quickly surveying the "before" state of the house, then zipping through to the end to see the "after" version of the remodeled house. I do tend to stop and watch conversations between Hillary and her crew, just to better understand what kinds of problems one should expect to encounter when remodeling. (I try not to hold it against Hillary that she seems to have no clue that there will be problems! It is just too absurd.) I do not even watch the scenes with David in them -- I find his entire persona annoying, and the houses available for him to show are so categorically boring that I simply do not care. (I REALLY feel sorry for those Canadians!) Nor do I care whether the homeowners choose to Love or List. I have turned off the show by that time.

So the show serves my purpose of getting a view of some remodeling projects. Each episode takes me about 8 minutes to watch, this being primarily because there is only about 12 minutes of total footage that comprise the show -- the rest of the time is taken up with a few scenes pulled out and repeated over and over again by way of "review", as is true with shows like House Hunters, What Not to Wear, etc. I don't like all the repetition, but I am used to it.

If there are any other shows on any network that posters can recommend that actually deal with the sort of whole or partial home remodeling theme (not just redecorating or kitchen/bath remodels) that LIOLI tries to portray, I'd love to hear about them.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we care because we would like to see good shows that we like watching to be in its place.... I don't watch it period... it's not like I watch it but hate it. There used to be so many good shows on HGTV.... but it seems that ship has sailed.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Airstreamingypsy:
I think we care because we would like to see good shows that we like watching to be in its place....

You are exactly the person I want to hear from: tell me about the kinds of shows you WOULD want to see on HGTV. Can you describe them?
Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Favorite HGTV Shows... past and present.....

House Hunters
HH Where are they now
HH Renovation
David when he was in SFO
Small Spaces
Divine Design
Antonio Treatment
Income Property
Designed to Sell
Design Star
Junk Gypsies
Million Dollar Contractor
Rehab Addict

Won't watch....

Million Dollar Rooms
Love it or List it
Gardening shows
Shows with bad designers....

Picture of Dylanthomasp
posted Hide Post
Yes, get rid of it and along with it Property Brothers, which is also soooo obviously scripted and over directed with the same result every week. Where are the girls anyway? I miss Candace and Genevieve and all of the real decorators-- heck I would even be glad to see Meg back again. HGTV please bring back some of the decorating and designing shows that made me love your channel in the first place.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that this show is horrible! Enough already!

Posts: 24 | Registered: Dec 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, please cancel it! I loathe this show and it always seems to be on. This and Property Brothers. Ugh! Please show more House Hunters! It's hardly ever on anymore, and it's THE best show on TV! And not this new "Where are they now" show, either. REAL House Hunters, PLEASE! ;-)

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the show is staged, and the scenario plays out exactly the same way each and every time. But here's the thing that REALLY gets me: If HGTV is going to bother to pretend that these are "real people" trying to make a decision to either love or list their home, couldn't you at least have people change their clothes at some point during the episode? Seriously, an entire house reno is supposed to be going on, presumably over a chunk of time, and yet Hilary is wearing the same outfit EVERY SINGLE TIME the "owners" return to the house! And they, and David, are wearing the same clothes during their endless search to find the perfect home! They only change clothes on the "reveal." Maybe Hilary and her team just work these miracles in a single day...Talk about fake! Make an effort, HGTV! Some of us might just be paying attention!

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Dec 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post