Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  I Brake for Garage Sales
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Brake for Garage Sales Sign In/Join 
Picture of annie17
posted
Did anyone catch this show last nite? Is it new or just a special?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: annie17,

Posts: 7969 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I saw the show. I don't know if it was a special, but I really enjoyed it. I like Lara Spencer and was glad to see her. I hope the show will be a regular series.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mriley,

Posts: 1460 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I was beginning to think I imagined the show! Especially since it had the same name as her book.

Picture of Jewel
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen the show. Is the word "break" in the show title a play on words? Or, did the producer make a spelling mistake?

Posts: 8188 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Jewel,

The "poster" made a spelling mistake!! Big Grin

Picture of debicga
posted Hide Post
I think it was a rerun of the show which was sort of a pilot for her show "Flea Market Flip". I have looked in my guide and haven't seen it on the schedule again. Maybe they played it again to get new viewers hooked.

*Debi*

~*Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence*~

Posts: 4916 | Location: Marietta,GA | Registered: Apr 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Debi, I kind of suspected it wall too good to be true. I preferred this to her regular show. Thanks!

posted Hide Post
I saw the show also and tried to find it on this week, with no success! I really liked the show a lot. I love Flea Market Flip. I am trying to find some of the project idea instructions, such as the lamp side table. Does anyone know where to find it??

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grp18
posted Hide Post
Check out the Flea Market Flip thread on here. There is a poster named CTDave who is actually one of the craftsmen that help with the transformations on the show. He may be able to help you.

Posts: 94 | Registered: Oct 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi
Tough I can't say much about things that haven't aired yet, something is in the works that you will like!!!;-)
We also have more Flea Market Flip to do in May!!
As far as the projects go, feel free to ask me anything & I can steer you through it! If you are near Greenwich, CT, I'd be happy to show you!!
I have an interactive website which will be launching within 10 days which is all about finding, fixing, identifying, decorating, etc, etc. It will be where people like you can "ask the experts" where we will have experts in each field, post photos of your new flea market finds, get ideas for projects, discuss anything to do with decorating, paint, welding, what glue is best for and so on. I think it will be a big hit.
Though under construction, creativedesignforums will be a great resource for all of us. I will need moderators, contributors etc but that will come with time as the site grows.
If you go to the site now, it's just shows the basic forum layout. It will look great & will have many categories to chose from. I'll report back as soon as I think it's ready.
Again, ask me questions!!
Thank you!
David

Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

Another forum here had several comments about a table made from a lamp base and a mirror. Ihave tried to find the name of that episode so I could see what everyone is talking about but so far no luck. Do you happen to remember the name? is there anywhere that we can find pics of the items? Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: annie17,

posted Hide Post
Hi Anne
I honestly don't know which episode it aired on except that I do know it would be in the season 2 episodes. They started on Friday March 15th so only three have aired so far.
Though I take photos of many of the items, I don't seem to have any of the lamp/table. I will try my contacts at the production office & see if they will email me their photos of the before/after shots.
Thanks,
David

Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Thanks David. I would love to see it. It sure made an impression those that did!!