Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  I want more/less
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want more/less Sign In/Join 
posted
I would love MORE of Cash & Cari, The High Low Project, Color Splash & Sarah's House...I just can't get enough of THESE SHOWS!!!
I want LESS: House Hunters (zzzzz) Love it or List it (it's okay but too many, too often)
People want design shows, don't you think? They must be more expensive to produce but they are so much better and more entertaining than watching someone look for a home.

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jun 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I posted the information below on another link. It appears that the long-time viewers are no longer in-tune with the current viewers. The newer shows are a big hit:

"There is a huge fan base for the shows we all dislike. I kept wondering why HGTV was running the ridiculous reality shows, so I checked the ratings.

This was as recent as August 2013:
"HGTV Offers New Seasons of Its Top-Rated Fan Favorite Series "Property Brothers," "Love It or List It, Too," "Income Property" and "Love It or List It" are all due back in the coming weeks."
Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/...8402/20130827hgtv01/

Brother vs Brother, which I actually liked, was a huge viewer hit. People also like Flip It or Flop It - with the young husband and wife renovators.

I've come to realize that I am a dinosaur. LOL!"

Posts: 160 | Registered: Jul 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of santa_fe
posted Hide Post
I've been trying to tell people for quite some time that they are dinosaurs. I stated that they're not the target audience, they are a minority, etc. Really, though, they're dinosaurs.

Look at this board. It's deader than ever. Most recent topics haven't been responded to in days. It would seem the board is a dinosaur, too. Although I had a somewhat spirited conversation about Festus Hagen and Ruth the Mule versus Roy Rogers and Trigger.

I guess it's habit.. Every once in a while, I check this board but it's been months since I've watched a program on HGTV, I think. Guess I need to break the habit.

Posts: 791 | Location: Plano, Texas | Registered: Oct 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
I guess that you are correct, this message board has fallen out of grace, mainly, because posters have realized that whatever they have to say is like speaking to a mirror.
HGTV has decided for quite sometime now that they will carry the shows that they think is what their viewers want, and if they hit the mark as far as viewers, they really coudn't care less.
Perhaps the new generation can live with the shows that they have these days, and maybe that is what HGTV should do. But I wonder if another station would have the courage to put the shows that many of us like which is a mixture of garden, design constructions crafts types of show, I wonder how many viewers would they get.

Posts: 5014 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Although I had a somewhat spirited conversation about Festus Hagen and Ruth the Mule versus Roy Rogers and Trigger.

santa-fe - That is too funny. I guess I missed that conversation.

Posts: 160 | Registered: Jul 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of santa_fe
posted Hide Post
Look under the "Station does not listen to viewers" thread. It seems some of us are tuning in more to ME TV and getting our western (and other oldies) fixes on since HGTV has abandoned us.

Posts: 791 | Location: Plano, Texas | Registered: Oct 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
I keep hoping a livestream of programming will occur. Listening to some tech shows, I keep seeing how inexpensive it would be to make your own show. lol Unsure why some of our designers haven't thought of this. I would think they'd have more control of location of their shows and what they want to do. Otherwise, I am NOW getting design ideas from set designers & through magazines. I now have a new reason I enjoy going to the doctors' waiting rooms. Some have EXCELLENT designer magazines.
I could see THIS new venue as a way for designing colleges to promote their new graduates and their programs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trish212,

Posts: 5238 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post