Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Room Crashers - Todd Davis
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Room Crashers - Todd Davis Sign In/Join 
Picture of mriley
posted
I have been watching the new shows of Room Crashers and I think Todd has a lot of neat ideas. They would not fit in my home, but the homeowners seem really pleased with his finished work. Todd has a lot of energy and he shows how to accomplish the projects he is working on. I don't even know when his show is aired...I have it programmed on my DVR. I think programming my DVR is the only way I can be sure I will see all the shows I don't want to miss. I only see promos for a select few and they are constant.

I noticed that there was no Color Splash or Most Embarrassing Rooms this week. I hope they are not finished.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mriley,

Posts: 1506 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Todd has lots of creative ideas. As a contractor and designer, he has some interesting ways to reuse existing materials. The result is usually a clean, well-designed space that ties all the elements together. He is energetic and entertaining while working. He is clever and resourceful, and I enjoy his show.

Posts: 122 | Registered: Jul 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I just may have to watch it again your recommendation. I avoid all "crashed" shows because the frenzy irritates me too much to make is enjoyable but maybe I will try to keep it on long enough to see his ideas.

Posts: 7315 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I agree regarding the "crash" shows. I hate to see them destroy reusable items.

I contacted the Chat Line and as of now we have seen all the new episodes of Color Splash and Most Embarrassing Rooms. I think HGTV is also wasting their design stars.

I checked my DVR and I found that they aired Room Crashers on Saturday morning. It was a marathon.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They just had a marathon of Room Crashers. I am impressed by Todd and his skills. He has many clever DIY projects that homeowners can try, and he does try to repurpose when he can. He is also a contractor so he can build as well. I miss shows like Design to Sell where designers had to be creative on a limited budget.

Posts: 122 | Registered: Jul 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Todd because of the DIY projects, which are sadly missing from most of the other HGTV programs. I wish that they would do many more DIY project shows instead of so many real estate programs. I have noticed that other stations are doing home DIY projects and I am watching them instead of HGTV.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post