Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  The High Low Project
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The High Low Project Sign In/Join 
posted
Sabrina Soto is adorable and her show is terrific! More, more, more!

Posts: 24 | Registered: Dec 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ELizard65
posted Hide Post
I agree. Chris is great, too!

Posts: 12 | Location: United States | Registered: Jan 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love Sabrina..and I really like the show, but it occurred to me that she and her helper should charge for the hours spent making the cheaper replacements. If they add their time to the cost..how much cheaper is it really? Thanks!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love this "decorating" show. It's refreshing not to be bored to death with all the real estate shows now on HGTV.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Jul 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lost interest in it when it became apparent that she really starts off with the "low" in mind and only presents the "high" first. Plus several of the episodes I watched were nothing but Target commercials. She is (or was) their paid spokesperson, so I didn't appreciate her touting their wares on her program.

Posts: 3412 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In regards to the comments about the Target "advertising", some other shows were "advertising" for Home Goods. Imagine my disappointment that after I traveled 400 miles to check out Home Goods, it was not "as seen on tv". ( I did since find a better store.)

Posts: 226 | Registered: Jun 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DeadMarilyn
posted Hide Post
That was only in the first few episodes. They've since toned down the Target ads and placement in her show.

Posts: 198 | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad...the damage was done. If she were using high end rooms by other designers as inspiration (Sensible Chic), I'd be all in, but how can you believe even for a second that she doesn't have the end result in mind from the very beginning. The premise of the show just doesn't work (for me).

Posts: 3412 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@CincyGrandma, I agree with you! I love this show. The designs are fresh and it is fun to see different options for reducing the cost of remodeling.

Posts: 158 | Registered: Jul 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She definitely works backwards, IMHO.

BTW, every other episode (or so) they either visit Target or use Target.com.

Posts: 516 | Registered: Aug 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with the Target plug, because let's face it, we probably all shop there, and seeing how you can use the accessories & furniture is helpful.
I really like this show, because it truly is decorating, even if the high end things are ridiculously expensive.

Posts: 210 | Registered: Jun 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't shop there, and even if I did, I wouldn't care to watch what was getting to be a Target infomercial.

posted Hide Post
Great show, one of my favorites
I like the old version as well, but forget the name.

Posts: 662 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Jul 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like this show. I think Sabrina in very talented but Chris is amazing with projects that look so difficult to duplicate cheaply. What has me concerned is that the last two weeks there have been back to back shows on Saturday afternoons, new not repeats, but one has Chris and one has Juan in it. I hope they are not getting rid of Chris with Juan. Big mistake. I know Juan is talented but not to the extent that Chris is. Anyone else catch this?

Posts: 11 | Registered: Feb 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I really think Chris is super talented too, what with remaking the elk head yesterday, and all, but I can live with every other new show, as long as they are NEW shows. I am SO tired of repeats & multiple showings of things like Love It Or List It, etc. I could scream. Doesn't HGTV know that familiarity breeds contempt?
I wish they would start the Christmas decorating now so people can get ideas sooner, but that's another message.

Posts: 210 | Registered: Jun 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
High/Low Budget??

I wonder if Sabrina's salary cost went up -the High/Low episode airing now has neither Chris nor Juan, just a carpenter named Mike who was briefly on air. Sabrina did all the shopping herself and putting things together. It wasn't as entertaining without bantering conversation.

Posts: 152 | Registered: Jul 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whether Sabrina starts at the end works backwards and even with Target product placement, I enjoy this show since the focus is on design. There are so few shows on HGTV that center on design that this one is a keeper, I think. Chris is a wizard at recreating, and Juan is a good sub as well.

Posts: 119 | Registered: Jul 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indycatCarol
posted Hide Post
I like the idea that she shows what she can get at Target. Not all of us have special little places to go to but I'm sure all of us have a Target to shop.
I'm just always surprised that someone would spend the money on the high end look. Bet they can kick themself when they see what she can do.

I don't mind coming to work. But that 8 hr. wait to go home is a drag.
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x189/indycatCarol/

Posts: 3452 | Location: Indiana | Registered: Nov 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the show and wish there were more like it. I miss the decorating and crafts show that use to be on HGTV. Please bring back more diy decorating and craft show.

Posts: 1 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do NOT like the new format of the show and where the heck is Chris? He was so great. I hope if he isn't on this show with Sabrina, that he got his own show. Please bring him back and go back to what was working. The chemistry between Sabrina & Chris is part of what made the show good. Also, Chris was great at recreating crazy stuff & when he explained what he was doing & why, it was helpful, & did not sound like a lecture! I do not like the new guy, Juan. Sorry!

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Jan 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post