Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Please cancel Love it or List it!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please cancel Love it or List it! Sign In/Join 
posted
I can't believe this show is still on the air. It's terrible! Every show the homeowners give very little money to Hilary to do what they request, than what's his face ALWAYS goes over the budget to find the house they want and they praise him. If they would have given Hilary that extra money.... Hey, I know its fake but, that still drives me crazy. I think you think your viewers are stupid.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't like it? Don't watch. Others do like it and do watch it why should you have it taken off?

Posts: 732 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The whole idea that someone would pour $40,000 or so into a house that they may be putting on the market is ludicrous. If the creators of that show think the viewers would believe it, then they DO think we are stupid. But HGTV has totally gone down the tubes. It used to be the channel I watched most and now I don't even remember to check if there MIGHT be a program that interests me.

Posts: 3233 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
quote:
It used to be the channel I watched most and now I don't even remember to check if there MIGHT be a program that interests me.

I totally agree. There used to be a group of good shows every night of the week and I knew the schedule by heart. Now I MAY catch a new show if I am channel surfing but otherwise don't even think of checking.

Posts: 7968 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do watch it but know the routine every show- wish they wouldn't be quite so nasty to Hilary and would talk about how much money they spent in each area vs what they spent on furniture- it is frustrating when they say "I'll have to take something off the list" when they could have just not bought a new washer & dryer and all that furniture! If you are going to sell something if you don't like it why would you spend money on furniture and such that only may fit the current house? How much for the remodel-- how much for the furniture?

Posts: 2 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: Jul 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dsaharon, what sane person would be spending money on furniture for a house they are thinking about selling? The whole premise of the show is ridiculous.

Posts: 3233 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The show is awful. And, it is on at nauseam. I would love to watch HGTV weeknights again.

Posts: 147 | Registered: Jul 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post