Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Hate Property Brothers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hate Property Brothers Sign In/Join 
posted Hide Post
At this point, the exchange rate is almost even. The US dollar is almost the same as the Canadian dollar. Homes do cost more in Toronto and Montreal than many American cities. Also $50000 is not exorbitant for a kitchen if you are gutting the kitchen and replacing everything. It's not the money but the time frame that is unrealistic. There are always issues that arise while renovating and you just can't plan for a major glitch or two.

Posts: 3047 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by txvoodoo:
rker321 - how can you bear to watch any tv? OMG, it might be hyperbolic! Horrors! Fraudulent? Honestly, you need to get over it and watch something else. There's no one thinking it's 100% reality.

To both of you, including CC-IMO - the prices that are highest are in Canada. I don't know if you have Canadian friends, but I do, and from what I understand, both the housing and reno costs are MUCH higher in the cities there, and what they present is in line with it. When I first started watching, I was appalled, because I am in Texas, and for the money they spend, we could have a mansion - either bought or rebuilt.

They quickly told me what costs are like up there. $110,000 wouldn't be enough to do the whole house, period.

And honestly, if you think about it, it's not that far off base. A kitchen reno from scratch, including plumbing, electricity, and a contingency which is almost ALWAYS used for something like reframing, foundation, etc, could easily go up to $50k all by itself.

Rker - the houses very rarely look all that bad on the outside. In fact, that's one of the scary things when you're buying - most look great on the outside, then turn into horrors inside.

And dreams vary. Yes, they're not gonna get the million dollar house. But they get something that is substantially improved, and can, with more work, be utterly ideal and wonderful.

I really think you need to find a new hobby. I know you've been posting on other sites as well, I think under different names, because I see your same rants around the web. Please. Get a life.

YOu seem to be an extremely rude individual, If you don't like my opinion, I am not forcing it to you.,
But to come here to this message board and state that I should not post or have my own opinion of a program is quite arrogant on your part.
I will contitue to say, and disclose my opinion on whatever I choose, and if you donh't like it so be it.

Posts: 4901 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rker321, I'm rude? LOL!

At least I'm not such a Negative Nellie. You seem to have utterly unrealistic expectations for what is, at the end of the day, a tv show.

You have every right to an opinion, and the right to state it. So do I. My opinion is that you are unreasonably fixated on the picayune details of a tv show, and seem determined, here and elsewhere, to rain on the parade of everyone who might enjoy that show.

At the end of the day, I'll take my enjoyment of it versus your frowning disapproval.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jun 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by txvoodoo:
rker321 - how can you bear to watch any tv? OMG, it might be hyperbolic! Horrors! Fraudulent? Honestly, you need to get over it and watch something else. There's no one thinking it's 100% reality.

To both of you, including CC-IMO - the prices that are highest are in Canada. I don't know if you have Canadian friends, but I do, and from what I understand, both the housing and reno costs are MUCH higher in the cities there, and what they present is in line with it. When I first started watching, I was appalled, because I am in Texas, and for the money they spend, we could have a mansion - either bought or rebuilt.

They quickly told me what costs are like up there. $110,000 wouldn't be enough to do the whole house, period.

And honestly, if you think about it, it's not that far off base. A kitchen reno from scratch, including plumbing, electricity, and a contingency which is almost ALWAYS used for something like reframing, foundation, etc, could easily go up to $50k all by itself.

Rker - the houses very rarely look all that bad on the outside. In fact, that's one of the scary things when you're buying - most look great on the outside, then turn into horrors inside.

And dreams vary. Yes, they're not gonna get the million dollar house. But they get something that is substantially improved, and can, with more work, be utterly ideal and wonderful.

I really think you need to find a new hobby. I know you've been posting on other sites as well, I think under different names, because I see your same rants around the web. Please. Get a life.

sorry,but riker321 is a very informed poster,
while we all have different ideas and opinions I have to respect your ideas and opinions as much as I do hers,just please be nice and respect the other posters ideas and opinions as well

Thank you

Posts: 655 | Location: USA | Registered: Jul 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CC-IMO:
sorry,but riker321 is a very informed poster,
while we all have different ideas and opinions I have to respect your ideas and opinions as much as I do hers,just please be nice and respect the other posters ideas and opinions as well

Thank you

I respect her right to have and post her opinion, but I don't have to respect the actual opinion, which I think is ridiculous. That's how life works.

I'm sure she feels the same about my thoughts. Que sera, sera.

I stand by my opinion: Property Brothers is a tv show, with a limited amount of time to show the process and results (less than 45 minutes for the hour version), and it has a formula it follows, like pretty much every other show on DIY or HGTV. Off the air, sometimes they do more in the reno than is shown on TV, but they always show us the results of the parts they display to the homeowners in their computer-graphics version of "what we can do." That's honest enough for me.

Their prices are also reasonable, when considered in context of the different locations. I've seen them do renos in Austin, and they're right in the price point for the area - and I used to live there, so I do know what I'm talking about. As I said, I have many friends in Canada, specifically, Toronto area, and they've educated me vis-a-vis the prices there. Those also seem quite reasonable - more than I would want to pay, but that's why we don't live in a high-priced area like Toronto.

Tangential side note: I do wonder what kind of salaries people get up there to be able to afford such huge mortgages? They're not all CEOs - many are teachers, etc. I grew up with the idea that ideally you pay 1/4 of your monthly income on housing. That shifted towards 1/3rd in the past several years, but it seems like they'd be paying more like half their income!

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jun 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My next door neighbor in Sherwood Park, Alberta, which is a suburb of Edmonton was a second-grade teacher and she made almost twice what a teacher made in this country. This was in the 80's, but I imagine teachers are still doing as well. She was a single mother who did not get child support and she could afford a mortgage and could also afford to travel outside the country often. I was very impressed with Canada while I lived there. Their standard of living seemed higher to me than ours was at the time.

I have had similar thoughts about how regular people in New York City can afford to live there. A few years back, Sean Hannity mentioned that he had a very modest house ($400,000). If that is the price of a modest house in NYC, where do teachers and mail carriers live? In cardboard boxes?

Posts: 3234 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The real estate prices in NYC are very high compared to most of the US. $400,000 isn't much there. I really doubt that figure for the person mentioned. Regular people do not live in most areas in Manhattan. It's not only the price but the monthly maintenance that makes it impossible to live without several roommates in a very small space.

Posts: 3047 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
quote:

You seem to contradict yourself when someone calls you on what you have posted.
I doubt very seriously, that anyone cannot construe your comments as a very personal attack. you are not attacking my opinions but you are telling me to get another hobbies and accuse me of using different names for"my RANTS
In this message board we often disagre with the opinions of others, but very seldom we see posters personally attacking others.

Posts: 4901 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
I don't know how accurate this is, but I believe that I have read in this Message Board by Canadians that teachers in that country make 100,000 a year. I imagine that other professions do as well.
Those salaries are quite common in Europe, and we have seen the prices of homes in those European countries.
In my recent trip to Spain, I was surprise at the prices for small condos in Madrid, and I asked our guide to tell me how much did a person behind the counter at a Dept Store would make. She told me that they were not paid well they made for 40 week per month around 1500 to 2000 a month. I don't think that any of our Dpt Stores pay that much money to their clerks.

posted Hide Post
Many experienced teachers in this country make $100,000 a year and most department store employees can make at least ten dollars an hour; a forty hour work week would get them $20,800 a year.

Posts: 732 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
I have no doubt that some teachers in the US do make 100,000 a year, but you and I know that is not the norm.
Having worked and having been in management in the retail business, I will remind you that most of the retailers their workers work only 20 hours a week, mainly because then, they only receive limited health care coverage.
Not too many clerks, in the retail businees work themselves to the 40 hour a week, status, and if you don't believe me just ask any Walmart, Target, Sears, JC Pennys and any retailer how many hours a week a normal clerk gets from them.

posted Hide Post
Chuck, please provide examples of "many" teachers making $100,000. Are you talking about elhi teachers in the public system? And, rker, you are so correct. Employers of sales clerks give them as few hours as possible to keep them from being eligible for benefits such as health insurance and UCB.

Posts: 3234 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aychihuahua
posted Hide Post
Average US public teacher salaries, by state, from 1969 to 2010:

http://nces.ed.gov/programs/di.../tables/dt10_083.asp

Posts: 5163 | Registered: Jul 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
Thankyou for posting that link, yes unfortunately for the US teachers. they are not regarded as high as they are in other countries, which brings down the education of our students and the reason as to why we have the present problems in our education system.

There are very few individuals at the store level that have 40 hour a week jobs, all of those cashiers, merchandising and loaders/unloaders have part time positions.
Managers, supervisors and many in the customer service/billing area probably do work 40 hours a week. but the majority of the employed don't have that many hours.
It has to do, with health care benefits, which are expensive and these retailers do work with a very minimum profit per item .

posted Hide Post
rk - The 40hour week I was referring to was the rate that you posted for Spain, at least that's what I thought you meant by "for 40 week per month around 1500 to 2000 a month". That comes out to about the ten dollars an hour I was referring to, and I don't believe ten an hour is out of line for true department stores here (not talking about Walmart). As far as teachers making $100,000 that's not out of line at all in major metropolitan areas for senior teachers with advanced degrees in public schools. Most teachers in New Jersey, Connecticut and New York City area teachers retire over six figures. The chart posted above shows averages, which include first year BS and BA only teachers, at close to $70,000.

Posts: 732 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do not forget to add at least 20% to the teachers salaries for the summer months they do not work and can have a second job. At one time teachers were poorly paid. That is no longer the case.

Posts: 6721 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I expressed myself incorrectly. Most of the discount stores, pay a little above min wage, and they don't provide 40 hours per week to their employers.
If you go to Macys' and the big dpt stores, you will find out also, that most of their employees don't have 40 hours per week per shift. Perhaps at Xmas they up their hours but normally they don't.
You have in the big dept stores, people that work at the cosmetic counters for example that may have regular hours, but, because stores are opened more than 8 hours a day, they have to hire shift workers, and they provide those that amount of hours and days that those stores are open.
Again, if you reseach you will see that the majority of employees at any reatailer, does not work 40 hours a week.
and the 10.00 per hours is not the norm of a salary for a store employee.
Now regarding of teacher's salaries, I am sure that you are going to see teachers with MBA's and PHD's that probably command those 6 figure salaries, but the normal teacher does not.
YOu have to go to the averages in salaries, I have no doubt that many States in the North East have high salaries, but if you average the salaries of a teacher in Alabama, MIss. Tenn for example, those 6 figure salaries are not very common.
At least in Ca. you either received a lesser salary and then got some salary for the summer months or, decline that and got another job for the summer. I had several friends that did that. and actually came out better in the end.
Their contract was not for 12 months, but for the months that constituted the school year.
and they did not received their salaries + 20 % for not working.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rker321,

Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
Here are the figures of the State that pay the most to their teachers and their salaries.
http://247wallst.com/2011/02/2...-it-doesnt-matter/2/

Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
Here are the average salaries in the retail industry.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Salar..._II1518.8,21_IP5.htm

You will note that those salaries are for full time employees, but in the retail business, part timers are what you have the most.
Have reviewed the salaries for most of the retailier for their hourly sales associates and they average between 8.26 to 9.00 per hour.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rker321,

Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
lol off topic but very interesting and informative

Posts: 655 | Location: USA | Registered: Jul 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
Yep I know. LOL. so let's go back to Property Brothers. LOL.

Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
watched several episodes yesterday and was appalled by the the rudness and bossing around some homeowners displayed

LOL figured it was acting since they seemed to luv the end results

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CC-IMO,

Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
I saw one of the repeats on last Saturday, that confirmed that they only do the rooms that they put on TV and they spend part of that money on their new furniture.
In this particular episode the discussed the rooms that they wanted to be redone, and also, because there were some overspenditures, the new dining room set that they had stated for the homeonwers had to be sacrificed. and the ownhers had to have their old dining room set which they did some minor alterations, and to me it actually lookd better than the ones that they were going to give them.
It was a living room a dining room and a sunroom/office that did have to be guttered to have it insulated, drywalled etc.
The budget was 30,000 three weeks.
The living room had a fireplace that was old looking and they refurbished it.
Again, I am not stating that their finished product is bad, What I am stating that these people are supposedly getting their new dream house, Personally speaking, If I were to buy an old house, it needed to be all done, or not at all.
So, now, they have an old Kitchen, old bathrooms, old bedrooms, and probably an old backyard.
I believe that their renos are very expensive, and if you start comparing prices in other Canadian shows, you will see what HOlmes spends and what Income Property spends in their programs and you can see the difference in what they accomplish.
Again, I don't judge the reveal, I judge the smallness of what they renovate. And I still don't see why, they have to spend money on the furniture.

Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
ricker321;

Vary good observations,I don;t know how they could do more on such a small budget
I have to agree LOL

Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
Apparently now, they are coming out with a new type of programming. I believe it's called selling and buying or something like that.
I don't know how much the format has changed, but hoping that it is a lot more realistic that their previous program.
I believe that now, they will be in the business of selling their present home and buying a another home.

Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
its called buying and selling,both programs(property bros also) are on Wensday evenings, interesting LOL

Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
Amazing!!!!!!! HGTV has to be praised as to their amount of listening that they do to their viewers.
These guys are not very liked by many and yet, they actually reward them with more programs. LOL.
I wonder who is promoting them to the network.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by metwo:
Do not forget to add at least 20% to the teachers salaries for the summer months they do not work and can have a second job. At one time teachers were poorly paid. That is no longer the case.

In the whole scheme of things I do think teachers ARE poorly paid. These people have our most precious resource - our children - several hours a day. I'd think this should be one of the most highly paid professions.
As for the "summer off" - well, most teachers I know (and I know quite a few, several in my own family) are also required to go to miscellaneous workshops and CEU training sessions during the summer - not all summer, of course, but enough so that they sure don't get 3 whole months off. Add to that many teachers supplement classroom material out of their own pocketbook, put in many hours outside of the normal classroom time, and I think they're entitled to every stinkin' dime they get.

Posts: 4292 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
You are correct, but also note that they don't get 20% plus their salaries on the summer months.
There are different wasys in wich teachers deal with the summer months depending on their specific contract.
I stated that in Ca. teachers have the option to get less salary during the year and then get a portion of their salaries during the summer months. And others simply choose to get the full amount and then many of my friends chose to look for summer jobs.
Yes, all teachers in the US are very poorly paid in comparison to other industralized countries, and it shows in the level education that we can all see today.

Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rker321:
Amazing!!!!!!! HGTV has to be praised as to their amount of listening that they do to their viewers.
These guys are not very liked by many and yet, they actually reward them with more programs. LOL.
I wonder who is promoting them to the network.

I think this is an advertising gimmick,for their buisness

their buisness has propably skyrocketed from this show,

no more abandoded houses torn down since they have been on HGTV LOL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CC-IMO,

posted Hide Post
what kind of inspections do they do, as they always find major issues after they buy it! I guess they need Mike Holmes to inspect it first? Anyway, if they fix part of the home, you are still stuck with the other part that is just a mess usually...I would rather have a home in better shape or a condo...

Posts: 213 | Location: MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
for the prices they pay for these homes I have to agree they could get a better place,

whats the use in having a nice kitchen,living area and dining room, when the upstairs is outdated and also needs a lot of repairs?

SHOCKING

posted Hide Post
I also hate Property Brothers and Buying and Selling. I hate Property Brothers because they condescendingly slap down buyers by showing them a dream home they cannot afford. They do this despite the fact the buyers are misled into thinking they can.

I hated the episode of Buying and Selling, with David, the single father, who wanted to see more homes before being sure of his decision but Drew Scott refused to show him any more homes. A home purchase is the ABSOLUTE BIGGEST purchase a person will make in their life. If the person is not sure about their decision, they should not be pushed into one.

BOTTOM LINE: HATE PROPERTY BROTHERS & HATE BUYING AND SELLING

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't care for Buying and Selling. My issue with Prop Brothers is that they don't renovate the ENTIRE home, just a portion.

Posts: 342 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
truth is NO-ONE knows what they do, sometimes they go so fast (so it seems)

I'd luv the end results and the look of the reno
BUT
WHY can't they just clue us in on the rest of the reno publicly?
I sincerely beleived as I was informed that they did a redo on the whole house,just didn't show all of it due to time constraints????
Now I am just as confused as the rest of everyone else here FrownFrownFrown

posted Hide Post
I like the show for the quick look at easy changes that dramatically change a house, I don't care if the PB do the whole house, I just like to see what they did do. It is just a short TV show not a how to do for everyone or a charitable new house for needy people. I see it as showing people it may be smart to buy the fixer in a better neighborhood, redo your important changes soon, do the rest over time. The Buying and Selling seems to hit both ends, showing how to redo and stage to get top dollar when selling, how to determine most important when buying.
Again, it is a TV show, not a public service show, take what you like, leave the rest. If you don't like it change the channel.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Southern CA (Southbay) | Registered: Nov 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CC-IMO
One poster here told us that they didn't do the whole home (and she had an article from a newspaper to back it up) but info from the Brothers said they do. I guess I beleived the article.

On PB: The house I would have loved to see done in the entirety- the couple who had the twin girls mid-renovation. I loved that home and would like to have seen the kitchen and living space.

Meischa- I guess I can comment on my likes and dislikes just like everyone else. I guess I liked the original format best- I love seeing the massive renovations as opposed to the quick fixes and staging that the new show does. That has been done, lots. I did absolutely LOVE the episode this week probably because I love the house they chose. I do miss Designed to Sell.

Posts: 342 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They actually do the whole house, not just the "couple of rooms" you see so that's where the $ goes. Also, if they were to go buy a house for the total they are spending, it wouldn't have all the things they want in it ... that's the whole point. I think people are just hating. If you feel that they are sooo terrible, why do you keep watching?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the concept of the show, but it has just become so predictable. How do you expect us to buy into the fact that these people ask to be on the show, they know the concept of the show, they agree to be on the show -- and then they act obnoxious saying they don't want to remodel, that they don't think they'll do a good remodeling job, blaming the contractors for hidden problems. And then at the end everyone is all smiles. Give me a break!

Posts: 35 | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched an episode, the brothers said OH the CEILINGS are all unlevel. We are going to have 1600 plus dollars leveling it. Seriously? They used pine two by two's? They also told them that a sound system was over $5000??? So go to BOSE and buy a system for 1500. Just screwed up. Custom furniture and "controlling budget"? Could these boys just watch Rehab Addict for salvaging ideas that would impact the bottom line.So wasteful!

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jan 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These guys are not competant. Today for example, rain supposedly ruined the newly installed wood floors because? "The tarp blew off." THE TARP BLEW OFF? Where were they when this happened? My roofer would fix the tarp so wind and rain wouldn't blow it off. Then he's telling them they have to get new wood. Did they pay for that? ISN'T HE INSURED???? This is either the biggest rip on on TV or should be labeled as fiction.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Property Brothers is formulaic as are all of the remodeling shows. I only have one complaint about the shows - the prices are incredibly high. One comment for the message board- these programs are in Canada not USA.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twostep
posted Hide Post
I don't come to this section much but I sure was surprised at how many hate Property Brothers. WOW I like them, they are entertaining.

AND the whole house is renovated. From
http://westlifebunny.newsvine....building-dream-homes

What viewers don’t realize is that the pricing showcased on the show of $40,000 to $50,000 for renovation are only for the three or four rooms previewed during the hour. The whole house is actually renovated but because time constraints, to renovate the entire house for the audiences watching in one hour would be too much information. After the viewing parts are fully renovated, the team goes back to the rest of the house to ensure buyers have their dream home.

Posts: 6771 | Location: Bubbleland | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always recommend to people that they should contact their friends and family and get some referrals and then interview a few to find out who is the best fit for you. I would recomend you to contact as soon as possible to vaughanhomsales for Real estate in Vaughan

All the Best

Vaughan Realtor

Posts: 1 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This show, and all the others on HGTV are OK to watch as long as you know going in that there is nothing real going on in these reality shows. The guests on the show are paid very well,as well as receiving remolding and deco at at DEEP discount. The couples are encouraged to complain and bicker. Every aspect of these shows are scripted and directed. I find it odd that there are folks who feel sorry for the couples on the shows,thinking that they don't really get what they want or the cost is higher then originally quoted.If I were 20 something, like 95% of those featured on these shows,I would LOVE to hit the lottery and get paid to find a house or receive an almost free remodel plus furniture. Look up the info on these shows. There is nothing "Real" about any reality show.

Posts: 24 | Registered: May 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Friends in Toronto know someone who was on the show (which I like). The homeowners said they filmed weeks and edited it to a few minutes. They loved the guys - very personable, hard-working but extremely busy with all their projects. They had more than one renovation going at all times. (How many "six weeks" does a year have? lol)

I can't understand some posters who watch the show yet claim they hate it. ALL shows are scripted since weeks of work is squeezed into 30 or 60 minutes. Most folks accept the trade off - script for good remodeling or foreign lands or new gardens.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
These guys are not very liked by many and yet, they actually reward them with more programs.

You are absolutely wrong. They may not be popular with the professional whiners on these forums but they score high in the general public. Sometimes I think people hate them because they're successful go-getters. Anyone who hates an actor known only through a TV show has serious problems.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smb12321:
quote:
These guys are not very liked by many and yet, they actually reward them with more programs.

You are absolutely wrong. They may not be popular with the professional whiners on these forums but they score high in the general public. Sometimes I think people hate them because they're successful go-getters. Anyone who hates an actor known only through a TV show has serious problems.

Don't hate them, only watched the show twice, that was enough to realize - I don't care for it. Who ever on their production team feeds the lines to the "clients" must think they look like the village idiots or the complete biotches, at least that is how most of these home buyers come across.

I don't hate them - I don't care if the have $5 or $5M - I find the production values of the show pretty awful. On the other topic about this program - You did pull a topic that has been dead for almost a year - most people don't dislike the brothers - it is the couples they help plus the ridiculous idea that anyone is going to spend hard earned renovation dollars on a sofa, curtains, or other furniture.

Posts: 3395 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: Jan 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
I should thank for the "new title" "professional whiners" gee, thanks it makes me feel so accomplished.
I believe that you have it all wrong. I don't dislike the guys, they are good looking, personable etc.
What we dislike is the show. This show promotes irealities. of a renovation. and yes we understand that they have to be scripted, but idiotic remarks should not be allowed by the producers of this show.

To actually state that any human being that is really trying to renovate their home is willing to accept as part of the show premise that they have to accept the furniture and accessories as part of the package,tells me a lot about this program. So, yes you are right, We don't dislike the Brothers, after all they have to make a living.
We dislike the producers of this program that actually make them look so bad to so many people.