Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Lisa LaPorta is Back!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lisa LaPorta is Back! Sign In/Join 
Picture of Gail_D
posted
There is a new show coming on -- Tuesday night 11pm, and 11:30pm EDT Called New House New Life

UPDATE - Just saw that they have moved the premier to THURSDAY night!

Summary
Lisa LaPorta helps newlyweds fix up the bride's outdated home so they can buy a new one.

http://www.hgtv.com/new-house-...ew-mexico/index.html

http://www.hgtv.com/new-house-...-colorado/index.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gail_D,

But that's just my 2 cents!

~Gail~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To quote a very wise person....
"There is a cover for every pot & a homebuyer for every home!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 4404 | Location: Someplace between FL & NY | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to see Lisa LaPorta again on HGTV. I loved her on Design to Sell. I checked out the links you provided for New House New Life that starts with 2 shows next Thursday at 11:00 and 11:30 pm. Neither of them say anything about Lisa LaPorta or a bride though. Both are about families moving to a new house. Where did you see the Lisa LaPorta info?

Posts: 36 | Registered: Jun 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I did a search, but did not find New House New Life. I did find First Time Design with the hosts Lisa LaPorta, Vern Yip and David Bromstad.

Viewers will choose the décor, colors, fabrics and budget for someone's makeover. I could not find anything about when the show will be aired.

Could this be an old show that is still listed on the website?

I am marking my calendar to watch New House New Life. I want to check it out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mriley,

Posts: 1451 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gail_D
posted Hide Post
On the online "TV Guide" that I use to see when there are "new" episodes of anything on HGTV, I clicked on the description of this show. That's where the summary showed up!

In fact, go to zap2it.com -- that's what I use and customize it to my provider. Then occasionally I click on HGTV within the grid, and get to see almost 2 weeks of planned programming (for any network, really). Then I scroll down looking for the "NEW" icon. That's how I found it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gail_D,

~Gail~

Posts: 4404 | Location: Someplace between FL & NY | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Gale,

Could you explain how to find new shows? I went to the site and put in Lisa Laporta and also got the info for older shows. Thanks!

Posts: 7968 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
Gail and Annie, I went to zap2it.com per your instructions, Gail. I filled in the boxes at the top for Channel, Date and Time. I got right to the info which you found, Gail. Thank you so much. (I did have to go to my Home Page to search for zap2it.com.)

Posts: 1451 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
I wanted to thank Gail too! I had to bookmark that site. I have never used a site that actually indicates "new" shows! Thanks!! Wave

Picture of Gail_D
posted Hide Post
annie17 -- you can't find "new shows" on HGTV. You have to go to an alternate site. The one I found is called "zap2it"

Here is the direct link I use -- don't know if it's already set up for my listings (metro Atlanta) or if you'll see the generic page.

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do

I think you'll have to register/sign-in and It will give you the grid specifically for your area. To see what shows are "NEW" on any specific network, you have to click on the Network Name (which should be underlined like a link). You'll get a page specific to that network. then scroll down looking for the little purple "NEW" graphic next to the listings of the shows. That's how I catch new shows coming on that have not been advertised yet. The New is for new EPISODES, but when a new SERIES starts (or series season) , you'll see "PREMIER" next to it.

Does that help?

~Gail~

Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Gail, sorry I wasn't clear.

I did go to zap2it and found the HGTV listings with the "new" shows marked. I have never seen that on any other site. Didn't think there were any new episodes on HGTV! Big Grin

Thanks!

Picture of Gail_D
posted Hide Post
No problem. Just glad I can share the info!

~Gail~

Picture of Gail_D
posted Hide Post
WOOPS! Looks like they have moved it to Thursday! Will also update my original thread so folks don't look for it the wrong day.

~Gail~

posted Hide Post
I'll check it out but the description made it sound like yet another version of HH.

Haven't seen any promotion plus they gave Lisa the lousy 11 p.m. timeslot, during the summer. IDK but have a feeling they filmed 8 episodes and that'll be it.

We'll see -

Posts: 414 | Registered: Aug 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Anyone else catch the new show last night? There was no Lisa LaPorta. Frown Isn't that odd.

I might catch it one more time but really didn't like the 2 episodes I saw. It was like HH with a theme.

Picture of Gail_D
posted Hide Post
You are right - there was no Lisa LaPorta. I am guessing that other website I got the description off of either had this mixed up with something else, or they just were hoping HGTV would take their suggestion!

Wasn't thrilled - it's just a re-vamping of House Hunters with more chatty time with the buyers. Not impressed. Not worth staying up until midnight to watch!

~Gail~