Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Rehab Addict - Case House
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rehab Addict - Case House Sign In/Join 
Picture of AKsunny99
posted
I think she is calling it the "Case" house but it is the newest rehab after the Dollar House. I loved what she did to the Dollar House but this new house looks like it is going to be gorgeous when it is done. I loved the inside stair case and the rooms seemed to be decent sizes.

When she first put up that purple paint and then the pink with it on the outside, I thought uggg, that is so strong of a color. So I'm glad she changed it to the gray with just some accents of color. Outside looks like a brand new house now. I so love this show!

Posts: 3077 | Location: Anchorage, AK USA | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
It is a very good show. I live near there so it holds a special interest to me.

Posts: 7983 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cannot get enough of Rehab Addict!!!!! I love it, and I admire Nicole's dedication to bringing old homes back to life.

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rehab Addict just makes you smile. Nicole's positive attitude is uplifting and her ideas for restoring houses draws you in. Love this program.

Posts: 6 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Nicole does a great job in her restoration work. She also keeps a lot of junk from going to the landfill. The finished project is beautiful and elegant because these old buildings have mill work that would cost thousands to replicate today. Great work!

Posts: 119 | Registered: Jul 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the house is on Case Ave. in St. Paul. Love Nicole, she's fun, energetic, and very talented.Prefer her to many of the "designers" on HGTV.

Posts: 1781 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Belle_N_Lex
posted Hide Post
I too enjoy this show. Very fresh, informative and inspiring to watch her bring new life to these older houses. Every time I see some "designer" insist on painting over lovely mill work I usually cringe and shake my head.

Belle

Posts: 624 | Registered: Sep 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nicole is the best. Her attitude, her drive the show is a joy to watch. Finally someone fixing older homes. This show could and should be an hour long. Keep up the good work. And Nicole love the American Flags you put on your homes.

Posts: 6 | Registered: May 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the American flags that Nicole places on all her rehabs too!

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AKsunny99
posted Hide Post
Ever since I started watching her show, I can't wait for Thursday nights when it comes on. It has become one of my very favorite shows. I love all the houses she does and agree the American Flag is a very nice addition!

Posts: 3077 | Location: Anchorage, AK USA | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
This is my favorite show on HGTV at this time.

Like others I love the way she re-cycles. In fact DH and I were just talking about her. One thing I partially do not agree with her on is how she stains all things. I like some paint, even on floors (in fact I love painted floors)

I agree with her about carpeting and finding and using all the neat things she does. She is a very admirable person.

Posts: 12578 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From reading the above posts, I guess I need to pay better attention. The impression I have gotten is "design on a dime" recycle & craft show. Thank you for your input, I need to watch closer and more often.

Posts: 226 | Registered: Jun 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely love this show! It's so refreshing to see something categorized as house flipping done with care and attention to actually restore a home to its former state instead of just ripping everything out and putting 'new' in. I love that she almost always restores the hardwood floors in these homes and the character it brings, as opposed to just laying new hardwood. And that she keeps the old plaster walls wherever possible and re-glazes the window (although I'm sure there will be debate over energy efficiency) instead of installing new windows because it would alter the look of the home forever. Look at the transformation of the 'dollar' house. That home was slated to be torn down. She raised it, installed an entirely new basement, support structure and completely restored the home. I would love to see more of this type of show - restoration renovations, not just flat out flipping.

Posts: 87 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nicole Curtis is CRAZY! She got arrested for chaining herself to a home that was being demolished. You can't save them all.

Posts: 4 | Location: Walnutport, PA | Registered: Jun 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for her.

Posts: 1954 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is one of the very few shows I watch anymore. I love what she does with the old houses and that she "dumpster dives". I agree with the above posters who say they like that she doesn't paint the beautiful trim and the American Flag she hangs on all of the houses. I also like the fact that she does a lot of the work and dresses for work instead of ratings! Keep up the good work Nicole and HGTV keep showing her work!

Posts: 46 | Registered: Dec 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love love love Rehab Addict. Would love to see some NEW episodes Please get rid of stupid shows like Love it or List it. So fake.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
Very few shows on HGTV are worth watching these days, but this one is. She does a great job and she seems to know what she is going. which is more that we can say for Love it or List it.

Posts: 4996 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too love this show and her dedication to respect the old and recycle- The big old house with that great old fireplace she finally sold- could we revisit it and see how the family is utilizing it- that master bedroom open closet was always questionable to me

Posts: 2 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: Jul 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post