Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Dear HGTV: GET SOME NEW INTERESTING SHOWS!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dear HGTV: GET SOME NEW INTERESTING SHOWS! Sign In/Join 
posted
HGTV has gotten to be the Love It or List It and Property Brothers network. Just like Food Network was several years ago (all you saw was either Emeril Lagasse or Rachel Ray), there is nothing but blocks of these two shows on, especially on the weekends which is when I mostly want to watch. All of the interesting shows are gone and we're only given these two choices for the most part. I've actually stopped watching the channel and won't come back until you get some new, good shows back on the air.

Posts: 35 | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree entirely. I've also stopped watching.

Posts: 610 | Registered: Sep 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Posters who were loyal HGTV fans have been coming to these boards for at least 2 years complaining about the programming. I seriously doubt anyone from program directing has ever read any of the posts. I set my DVR for two shows at this point, and even those are generally repeats that get deleted.I think the modus operandi at Scripps is to invest as little money as possible into HGTV,so Canadian real estate programming offers the network something to show for a minimal investment.

Posts: 1736 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepmaker
posted Hide Post
I rarely watch HGTV anymore. Love/list people are flakes....ug

Posts: 601 | Registered: Apr 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me among the viewers who no longer watch. I've come full circle...I've gone back to watching This Old House and Victory Garden like I did 20 years ago before HGTV.

Posts: 25 | Location: United States | Registered: Apr 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no doubt HGTV has lost its way. They are in need of some strong programming and show ideas. The Canadien imports suck. I have been a long time watcher even going back to early times. Remember "Before and After". I don't know who your producers are they need help. Bring Candice back!!

Posts: 6 | Registered: May 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post