Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Renovate to Rent -NEW SERIES
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Renovate to Rent -NEW SERIES Sign In/Join 
posted
I just wanted to spread the word on this diamond in the rough show that I found one Tuesday night while watching HGTV! It's called Renovate to Rent and is AWESOME! What I love most about it is the fact that its two best friends working together renovating old homes and then renting out not to mention the simple and easy design tips I get! It's so nice to see a show on HGTV that is drama free and isn't scripted! I really love this show and want to see it succeed!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was lucky to stumble upon it last Tuesday too! I actually rent my apartment & it was really cool to understand how to buy & design rental properties. I want to own my own properties some day.

I can't believe I didn't even know this show existed!

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I caught the show last week and found it to be VERY entertaining! The two hosts are funny yet informative!

The show offered practical advice and information relating to property renovations as well as how to make a property appealing to potential renters! I'll definitely be tuning in again tomorrow night, I'm HOOKED!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I caught it once and really enjoyed it but couldn't find it in the schedule. I'll be watching!

Posts: 7983 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robeau
posted Hide Post
This show is another idiotic, fraudulent piece of junk. I've had rentals for 20 years and the numbers these bozos claim to earn make no sense. I also believe the first 3 posters here and on the other thread are shills for the show.

here we are now, entertain us

Posts: 664 | Location: sierra foothills CA | Registered: Jan 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also believe the first 3 posters here and on the other thread are shills for the show.

Robeau,

You may be right. After I posted here I noticed another thread started by Hall(see below). In it Meg refers to Hall as Ms Hall in spite of the fact that it is Hall's 1st post and there is no info on the profile!! Big Grin

New posters sometimes don't understand that we see this sort of thing with many new shows and it does nothing to help the show. It just makes
the regulars wonder why all the "fake posts" are necessary.

In spite of that, I did enjoy the show and will watch again.

Posts: 7983 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love this show! As an architecture interior design major, the show was so fun to watch! Plus the two hosts are cute! Wink

Posts: 4 | Location: Walnutport, PA | Registered: Jun 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I watched this show tonight and liked it.

I agree with Robeau and Annie regarding the first posters. They all joined on the same date and posted with a few hours of each other.

I don't really pay attention to someone's critique unless it is someone whom I recognize.

Posts: 1488 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DeadMarilyn
posted Hide Post
It's an okay show. I DVR it to watch when I'm bored.

Posts: 198 | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Meagan Janscak:
I love this show! As an architecture interior design major, the show was so fun to watch! Plus the two hosts are cute! Wink
Cute???!!

Posts: 24 | Registered: May 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loved last night's show! Haters gonna hate.

Posts: 7 | Location: Danielsville, PA | Registered: Jun 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of santa_fe
posted Hide Post
Count me in as a liker of the show. Saw only one episode.

I liked to see people remodel (not into the design aspect of the HGTV of old, which is a good thing, from what I gather from all the complaints). I will definitely tune in again.

mriley, how many posts must one have posted before they're "read worthy"? Big Grin

Posts: 787 | Location: Plano, Texas | Registered: Oct 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Renovate to Rent is a show I could literally tear apart in a debate with anyone in about five seconds. Number one question that is not broached...Where does the money come from to continue buying houses and do the renovations? If these guys continued to do this owning 50 property's with an average of $15K a year in profit from each property.......they would soon enough be broke. This is REALITY TV. This is entertainment. I can also tell you without any question that HGTV is on this board prodding questions and posting false positives. That is just the way this works in 2013. Anyone can read my background from my previous posts.

Honestly, I think I should go into the Reality TV business and put these fools out of business, but I'm making too much money in real-estate the right way, and that has nothing to do with anything even remotely seen on any of these disingenuous absurd shows.

Reality Television Is Not Reality It Is Entertainment.....Beware!

Posts: 7 | Location: New England | Registered: Jun 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post