Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Income Property: New One Hour Version
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Income Property: New One Hour Version Sign In/Join 
posted
I like Income Property in general, so I will give this a look-see.
I so hope HGTV hasn't ruined a good thing, by fixing something that wasn't broken.
WHY do TV producers always think they can make a popular show -- even better by changing it.

Will this show have Scott helping people FIND a property and then renovate it for them? Sort like HH Renovations and Property Brothers -- only that they're looking for an income property, not just a house?

I hope the show isn't stretched out...meaning 35 minutes of show, and lots of unneeded filler scenes to fill out the hour.
We'll see.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: clbselah,

Posts: 2513 | Registered: Jun 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
I will watch. Love Scott. When is it on?

Posts: 7969 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It premieres soon.

Posts: 2513 | Registered: Jun 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Teva
posted Hide Post
I will watch Scott do anything good or bad. Such a hunk.

Posts: 126 | Registered: Jul 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Starts the evening of 1-29-13. We may have to hunt for the second episode!

posted Hide Post
Sounds interesting! Can't wait! I like Scott. He is very personable and his clients don't act like a bunch of over entitled nitwits!

Posts: 90 | Registered: Jan 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
quote:
He is very personable and his clients don't act like a bunch of over entitled nitwits!

That is a good point. I certainly agree but had never compared them with the "house hunter" crowd b/4.

posted Hide Post
I always hoped IP would be on for an hour. It is too rushed and we don't get to see everything. I think Scott is a hit with everyone.

Posts: 1278 | Location: northwest NJ | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will tune in until March when Dancing With the Stars starts. Hope they rerun it on the weekends.

Picture of craftyrita
posted Hide Post
Annie, I totally agree with you, you like a program and then you can't find it again. Debbie, you don't have to worry about reruns on this channel!

Posts: 14 | Location: Bethlehem, PA | Registered: Feb 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love Scott, can't wait for the new season.

Posts: 106 | Registered: Jul 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loved the hour long version of Income Property. Even though it's a bit like House Hunters meets Income Property, I enjoyed Scott's input on each of the different homes. I look forward to the rest of the season!!

Posts: 716 | Registered: Apr 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did enjoy the show and I liked the couple Toby and Marli. They were very happy to be involved and get their hands dirty. All in all a nice positive vibe, no complaining, no attitudes! My only complaint would be that the format is a little too much like Property Bros. with the house hunting and the nicknames for each property.

Posts: 1736 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it! It is a little like Property Bros except that they are looking for income properties instead of just homes for a family. The clients were very hands on and fun to watch! Were very appreciative of what Scott did for them! How refreshing!

posted Hide Post
This is the only real estate show I like. Scott is a cutie but he isn't in your face. Apparently management didn't think there was enough real estate in it. I have a feeling I'll only watch the second part assuming it's anything like the old show.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jan 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
I have caught the hour version and I liked it.

posted Hide Post
I love this show because Drew Scott really knows what he is doing. He gives the run down of each property and gives the owners two choices on how to make money for the property. He even tells you in detail about some of the projects and what to look for when buying a home. I only wish he did not have so many reruns.

Angela Manning

Posts: 5 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Apr 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post