Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Curb Appeal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Curb Appeal Sign In/Join 
Picture of greylove
posted
Love the show,,,,,love John and the rest!
Is this show going to come back with any consistency? Sure hope so!!!

“Some people say I’m easily distrac- Hey Look, a bird!”

Posts: 129 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: Sep 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They returned several weeks ago. New episodes air Saturdays at 5:30 p.m. EST/PST.

Too bad HGTV's buried it in that time slot.

Posts: 593 | Registered: Feb 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love so much about HGTV...so many programs...House Hunters International...Outdoor Rooms...Love it or list it...kitchen cousins...etc...but the program I have trouble accepting the concept is curb Appeal...and then Desperate Landscapes...it's as if...all you have to do is "NOTHING"..to get rewarded..Please at least have them contribute...share...that's a concept we all should have grown up with...No effort is unacceptable..

Posts: 1 | Location: candicandimo@yahoo.com | Registered: Jul 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was amazed by the transformation of the bland bungalow into an uber modern masterpiece on the Aug. 11th episode. I loved the way the color choices enhanced the planes of the walls. John and crew turned the ugly duckling into the crown jewel of the neighborhood.

Posts: 122 | Registered: Jul 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We want more Curb Appeal with John Gidding!!!!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When is Curb Appeal coming back on?My favorite by far.Please no more spoiled brats from House Hunters

James K. Davis

Posts: 1 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: Jan 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know John is popular. But, IMO, he really hasn't shown he's all that capable of doing what's best for the HOUSE.

He's had some REAL honest to goodness DISASTERS. He loves to put patios in the FRONT of a house, and pergolas, and a whole lot of stuff that really doesn't go with the house, street, property, or neighborhood.

I'll never forget the WOOD SLATS, yellow color and stairs he put on the front of an architects house in Atlanta. That couple was PIS SED. They didn't even fake being pleased for the camera!

Another poster said -- about David Bromstad -- what I think fits so much for john here. An artist in one design area, designing in another area that is not their primary training or focus.

I could never put my finger on it before. But that's EXACTLY what I think of them both. David may be an artist, and John may be an architect -- that doesn't mean they're the best interior or exterior designers.

They're OK...but definitely would need to be kept in check under MY direction as the homeowner.

Posts: 2513 | Registered: Jun 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the two new episodes of Curb Appeal this week. John and his team brought new life the the facades of two tired and boring homes. He has an eye for detail and color and knows how to highlight and enhance the architectural details of any building. I wish HGTV had a more regular schedule. With pop-up shows it's easy to miss favorites. Curb Appeal is the only time you see any people over 50 on the network. They are often one of the neighborhood makeovers since John and Kim choose the house, not the homeowners based on who is camera ready I guess HGTV like everyone else is courting the 18-49 demographic.

Posts: 122 | Registered: Jul 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the other Curb Appeal they are currently showing? I like the one with John and Kim, but the other show is horrible. The camera zooms and pans every five seconds and they show the homeowners in ridiculous poses. I can't watch it for more than two minutes.

Posts: 1 | Location: Az | Registered: Oct 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post