Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Hotel Impossible
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hotel Impossible Sign In/Join 
Picture of mriley
posted
I watched a new show tonight called "Hotel Impossible" and it was pretty good. On this show they updated and improved a vacation ranch. The designer was Casey Noble, but she was not the host. She did a good job. Did anyone else like this show?

This show is going to be aired on Monday nights.

Marylee

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mriley,

Posts: 1454 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
I still have this one set to dvr since the 1st one got deleted,I luv this show, he's really good at this job and luv his honest approach
and his end results are wonderful

Posts: 655 | Location: USA | Registered: Jul 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
I like the show and its Food Network companion Restaurant Impossible. The thing that amazes me about these shows is the number of people that go into these businesses totally clueless how to run one. If I had the bright idea to go into the restaurant or hotel business I think I might actually go work for someone in that business for a year or so before plunking down my life savings into one. Both are very tough jobs with long hours with evening and weekend work a given.

Several years ago Discovery had a program sponsored by either Visa or MasterCard where they would go in and make over a business. There was a designer, a marketing guy and a business guy that would go in as a team and help turn around a failing small business. It was a very interesting show as well.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6857 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I travel a lot and watching the "Hotel Impossible" show reminded me of some of the trips I had in Europe. After I got married in Las Vegas I traveled a lot in Asia and Europe with my wife, we encountered a lot of interesting situations and the tips provided in this show would have helped us a lot.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: andrewstats,

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been watching this show on the Travel Channel. Good program. Restaurant Impossible and Bar Rescue also good. HGTV producers take note.

Posts: 6 | Registered: May 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post