Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Does anyone else miss the decorating shows?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone else miss the decorating shows? Sign In/Join 
posted
I love HGTV, I've been watching it for years. But it seems to me that the majority of the shows has switched to buying and selling, which the average person will only do maybe 1-3 times, compared to decorating, which each house contains several rooms that need to be redecorated every few years. What happened to Candice Olson? Genevieve? Design on a Dime? High Low Project? The only way I can see these shows are to DVR the reruns at 5:30 a.m.! Please HGTV, bring back the shows for those of us who can't buy a new house every year!

Posts: 3 | Location: Small Town, Minnesota | Registered: Feb 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
I miss them too. Frown

Posts: 7968 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of anneyland
posted Hide Post
I too miss them...Frown

I have almost quit watching HGTV because the only shows that are on every single time I turn my tv on is either House Hunters or LIOLI...ugh....

Yesterday for example...House Hunters was on literally all afternoon...

The variety of programming now on HGTV is disgusting...no decorating and NO gardening whatsoever.

The executives need to get a clue and revamp!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself also in the Lord and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 922 | Location: Longing for the beach | Registered: Jan 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I also miss decorating shows. I like Design on a Dime where they show me how to do things that I would not have thought of doing. I also like to see how Sarah Richardson makes her decisions when she decorates a room.

Everything seems to be buying and selling or big time construction. I know I don't knock down walls or install new doors or windows or bathrooms.

Even the gardening shows see geared to big installations of patios, gazebos, etc.

Posts: 1448 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's Saturday night at 6:40 PM, and there's nothing on until the wee hours of tomorrow morning except love/list it.

If HGTV can't afford any better programming, they should cease to exist as a channel.

Posts: 33 | Registered: Jul 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pat
posted Hide Post
I have to agree it is all buying or selling a house. So, I like to watch "Create".

I think we need shows that show people how to make a house a home.

Have a nice day.

Posts: 1193 | Location: Washington State | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a time when every week I had some decorating or gardening project going that I had seen on HGTV. Now, I only tune in when there is absolutely nothing else on tv to watch and even then, the 24 hour news network usually wins out.

Posts: 23 | Location: New York | Registered: Jan 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There really haven't been any decorating shows in prime time for years and years. Decorating Cents, Design on a Dime, Candice Olsen, Designers Choice, Matt & Sheri, This Small Space, Designing for the Sexes... I could go on and on. These are the shows that made this channel great. Since it is now only a Real Estate network,why not change the name and finish it off for good.

Posts: 1117 | Registered: Mar 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Until the past year or so, I use to watch HGTV 24-7 and there were very few programs that could lure me away. Now I almost never watch. I dislike all of the programs especially Love it or List it I & 2, Property Brothers, Income Property and every other Flip Flop type program on the network. Forget the one hour makeovers and give us real creativity. Until the decorators come back, I will be watching the grass grow.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YES... I too have stopped watching HGTV. I am sick to death of getting a house hunter show every time I wandered there in hopes of seeing a decorating show! I miss them all!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stopped watching HGTV with any regularity when L.I.O.l.I. aired. I DVR Rehab Addict, Income Property and any Sarah Richardson reruns. But even with that light schedule half of what I record are repeats I've seen that get deleted.

I certainly could not tell you who their sponsors are because I never watch anything as it is aired so I never see any commercials.

Posts: 1734 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HGTV what has happened to all the interior designers/decorators: Candice Olson, David Bromstad, Sabrina Soto, all the winners of Design Star? I have no desire to watch House Hunters and Love It or List It. Viewers want to know why your program schedule has changed to real estate. It appears no answer has been provided yet...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: odesign,

Posts: 1 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Apr 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
quote:
I too have stopped watching HGTV. I am sick to death of getting a house hunter show every time I wandered there in hopes of seeing a decorating show! I miss them all!

I would be happy to see a house hunter episode, where are you finding them? Are they hidden between episodes of LIOLI?

Posts: 7968 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems there is nothing on anymore except Love it or List it. The same thing happened on the Foodnetwork-Chopped and Diners Drives-ins and Dives are on all the time. Any of the shows that I loved are repeats and I've seen them more than once. My two favorite channels that my friends and I loved talking about and now there's nothing on them. Sad!!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
I miss the decorating shows too. Boohoo!!

I used to love Designing for the Sexes.
And loved Decorators challenge and Landscapers Challenge. I think that was the names of those shows Smile

Oh and I LOVE house hunters. House hunters international not so much.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lilsophie,

Posts: 4583 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are all tired of the RE shows - that and $4 will get you a latte at Starbucks - HGTV doesn't care.

Posts: 4292 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post