Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Rehab Addict
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rehab Addict Sign In/Join 
Picture of santa_fe
posted
I like that, at least for now, Nicole is turning her attention to her home town of Detroit. She seems to still feel quite connected to the city, judging the Detroit t-shirts she wears. I hope that she sticks around awhile, and makes an impact.

Posts: 790 | Location: Plano, Texas | Registered: Oct 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
At least now she will be on HGTV on January 2nd for all the people that cannot get DYI

Posts: 5014 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love this show! I grew up in an old house with 12-14 foot ceilings, floor to ceiling windows, claw foot tubs. Seeing her houses reminds me of that house. I wish HGTV would have more shows like this.

Posts: 47 | Registered: Dec 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love her show, however I am disagreeing with her decision to drop a full bath on first floor to a half bath. A good solution would be to include a small shower. My reasoning? Stairs. I broke my leg a couple of years ago, and my hubby recently had a torn ACL. We have a half bath/powder room on the first floor, thank goodness, but it would be a tremendous help to also have a shower.

Posts: 152 | Registered: Jul 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
I love her show, she makes things out of nothing, she is careful about spending monies that are not necessary, as we all see in many of the renovation shows. She can go to the dump and get something fix it and it looks like new. I have not seen her go to the high end stores to buy lamps or anything else. To me, that is the kind of restorer and renovator that I want to see. She is not a high end designer but what she does looks wonderful.

Posts: 5014 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i just got to say I absolutely love this show. since watching Nicole I ave learned so many ways to do makeovers in my own home and I am not scared to try no matter where she is she is an inspiration

Posts: 2 | Location: middletown | Registered: Jan 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of santa_fe
posted Hide Post
Nichole does not believe in waste, and that's so impressive. I wish more shows focused on improving what exists instead of replacing (and in the process destroying good materials). So sick and tired of words like "cookie cutter" and "dated", , which usually leads to an updated "cookie cutter" home of the usual high-end materials. I also enjoy the educational aspect of Rehab Addict.

Posts: 790 | Location: Plano, Texas | Registered: Oct 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
Amen, but unfortunately, you are not helping the economy. LOL how do you expect all of those high end stores to make their money? If it wasn't for HGTV they would all close.

Picture of santa_fe
posted Hide Post
Something that struck me, watching the show, is that Nichole states that she's not the "average" home flipper. It occurred to me that neither is her show. The emphasis is on restoration and reusing and re-purposing material and not at all on money. We don't know what kind of money Nichole makes on her homes. It's not the focus of the show.

Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I like this show for all the reasons stated above. Also like that Nicole explains what she is doing and why. Marylee

Posts: 1496 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
I love this show, my husband not so much, he claims that she is sometimes sloppy in the manner that she treats or refinishes wood. He is a woodworker as a hobby, and a perfectionist. I think that Nicole does what she needs to do and doesn't throw anything that she can repair and will look good. That is a concept that I wish more shows would encourage.

posted Hide Post
Nicole has great vision for restoring older homes to their former glory while creating better functioning homes for modern families. She is a wizard at reusing and adapting pieces she buys or finds. She favors classic, timeless design and tries to limit what gets tossed in a landfill. It is clear she has a passion for her work.

Posts: 122 | Registered: Jul 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, 321 some of what she does is pretty shabby. A recent show had her using old, peeling beadboard for a vanity top - how practical is that regardless of how chic it looked? The same bathroom had flooring running in multiple directions. Sometimes, you need to do something completely over rather than just making shoddy patches.

Posts: 748 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
I realize that, and yes I tend to agree with you, but, you know, sometimes doing anything at all, is better than not doing anything at all. But, yes things sometimes don't work out. She really shows how to replace and reuse things though.

posted Hide Post
Just about my favorite show. Nicole is so down to earth, and I love how she digs into her projects. I really love that she is now striving for a 'perfect' finish, and her re-use of old materials is very inspiring.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Becky56
posted Hide Post
Finally! A show on HGTV that I like again!

I am loving this show for all the reasons y'all have said.

And, there is no manufactured drama! If Nicole encounters a problem, she works through it. Its very interesting and informative.

I hope HGTV doesn't try to change this show or cancel it. A breath of fresh air on a network I had all but given up on!

Posts: 3273 | Location: Bama G.R.I.T.S. | Registered: Jun 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
Yep,sometimes I feel that if we all like a program ,HGTV Is in a hurry to cancel it.
I have been seeing this show, since it started on DYI station. I like what she does and how she does it.